Good 26650 Battery?

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Checked amazon, a lot of "ultra fire" "trust fire" batteries pop up. They all look funky, and I am kinda suspicious of the quality.
Can anyone recommend good quality 26650's? Thanks!

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations!
Unfortunately surefire doesn't carry 26650's, otherwise problem solved long ago

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are those of us who would never buy a potentially dangerous battery from some auction site. Mtnelectronics or illumn are two reliable choices. People like Keeppower. I use Orbtronic which can be purchased from them or through Amazon. Not sure what country you live in...

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Despite the name, these perform best of all on HJK's tests,especially where high current is needed.

Vappower IMR26650 4200mAh (green)

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the Keeppower 5200s, you might want to look into King Kongs. Although the capacity is not as high as the 5200s, the rated 4000mAH capacity is actually underrated by a few hundred mAH. You can also get King Kongs with INR chemistry and supposedly with a 4200mAH capacity (never actually seen either of these for sale, but HJK tested them both). Also, if your light can accommodate a longer cell, you might try the 5000mAH 26700s. These cells supposedly have a real capacity in the neighborhood of 5300-5400mAH.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are those better than Keeppower IMR 5200mAh?

It probably depends on how much current you plan on pulling from the battery. If you have a high current application a slightly lower mAh battery with higher current handling may be the way to go as you may get more runtime out of the battery. If your application isn't going to go over 5A the Keeppower may be a good choice.

As mentioned above mtnelectronics and illumn have a good selection to choose from.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably depends on how much current you plan on pulling from the battery. If you have a high current application a slightly lower mAh battery with higher current handling may be the way to go as you may get more runtime out of the battery. If your application isn't going to go over 5A the Keeppower may be a good choice.

As mentioned above mtnelectronics and illumn have a good selection to choose from.

http://www.keeppower.com.cn/products_detail.php?id=487]UH2652 is claimed to deliver 15A of max constant current.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for the recommendations, folks. I am in the States. Looks like keeppower has the most votes, then Obtronic.
These high power cells could be potentially dangerous, if the quality is doubtful. I will only use those with a good reputation.

Etude

Newly Enlightened
i have checked Evva tech website and ECF forum. It seems VAPPOWER IMR26650-52 5200 mAh is much better.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
got a pair of 4000mah King Kongs in my L6 and so far they are amazing. Looking out for a 26650 that will retrofit the poopy proprietary cell in my R40. I stuffed a King Kong in the R40 and it was noticeably brighter on all modes unfortunately the cell was to long and smooshed the springs at the head end. Took awhile to straighten that out. Im actually eyeing the SoShine 5500mah cell even though its tested out here at 5000mah that is still pretty good and the cell is I believe only 68mm

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
got a pair of 4000mah King Kongs in my L6 and so far they are amazing. Looking out for a 26650 that will retrofit the poopy proprietary cell in my R40. I stuffed a King Kong in the R40 and it was noticeably brighter on all modes unfortunately the cell was to long and smooshed the springs at the head end. Took awhile to straighten that out. Im actually eyeing the SoShine 5500mah cell even though its tested out here at 5000mah that is still pretty good and the cell is I believe only 68mm
I have had good results with the SoShine 5500mAh which is protected and the length you mention. These are the batteries I would use if needing 26650 batteries in series.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
On other forums, good reports are available for LittoKala 26650 cells, but I haven't tested them personally yet.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have stayed clear of this format since 3 years ago my research showed lower energy density than 18650. I have been buying Panasonic protected 18650. I felt more research and car, Computer industry use.

Now, 2016. The number 5200 is getting my attention. . I wonder if I should use these in my next build, if safe as my Panasonic protected. . I want a Japan origin, not China. Protection.

I also wonder if industry is starting to use these cells in this format in bulk in their products , and if more research money has been put into these in last 3 years.