T a Nitecore MH20GT?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I have been researching for a couple of weeks and looking at buying what will be my 1st flashlight.

At first I was set on the Nitecore EC11 but after I did a bit more digging I found the Nitecore MT10C and was almost about to pull the trigger on it and then I spotted the Nitecore MH20GT!

Its a bit more expensive but seems like its worth the extra!

Only think I am worried about is the Size. I haven't seen one in the Flesh and im looking online to try and gauge how big it is. On paper it appears to be a really compact size. Is this too big for an EDC?

Also would like to know peoples thoughts on this light, is it useful for close range aswell as distance? I think the word im looking for is Spill..? Forgive me I am a noobie to CPF and Flashlights.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone mentioned an available diffuser for the light, i haven't seen it or remember the thread. i didn't have a problem inspecting trucks at 3 in the morning with it. it lit a decent size area. it is abouth the same size as the c21c (sunwayman) and tx25c2 (eagletac). i edc'ed it but i don't have a problem carrying sizeable lights like that. the biggest i've edc'ed in my pocket was a surefire 6p or streamlight strion, so i'm used to it. try a zebralight sc600 mkIII if you want a powerful floody light for edc. all those mentioned use 18650, but my favorite recently has been the tx25c: smaller but uses 16340 and puts out as much light as the tx25c2 with less runtime.

i think the distance i've been using these regularly is between 1-30 yards

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Made a quick size comparison for you: left to right - Coke Zero can, NCR18650GA battery, MH20GT, Burt's Bees lip balm, Surefire G2X. https://imgur.com/KTr7Irc

Thanks for the comparison it has really helped!

What is the spill like on these lights, would you say its a good allrounder?

Do you carry this in jeans pocket or coat/bag?

Thanks

msim

Enlightened
It's definitely one of the throwiest lights available at its size, but I don't think that makes it hard to use for daily EDC type tasks.

Regarding size, while it fits and isn't completely uncomfortable clipped on the inside of a front jeans pocket, you can definitely feel it. Crouching down with it in my front pocket really presses it into my leg. In a jacket pocket or bag it is perfect.

I've taken it on short trips in a jeans pocket, both front and back without issue, but I do prefer it in a hoodie or jacket pocket. I keep it's less throwy brother the MH20w in my work bag. If you're worried about the GT being too throwy for you, the MH20w might be a good compromise.

I love the GT though, the beam is really beautiful and for it's size the only thing that compares is a dedomed XP-G2 P60 drop in made by Vinh.

I have a lot of other lights I would grab first if I wanted something for up close use around the house, but I just tried it out around the house at different levels and it's very usable. Sure I'd grab a floodier light first but if I'm traveling light I would be just as happy to use the MH20GT.

pblanch

Enlightened
da8b7ebc98b4a86c70a26764c44fd1b7.jpg

Another comparison shot for you.

Perfect for jacket carry. Pants wise I am happy to carry in deep pockets but with jeans it's to big unless on your belt. It also comes with a pouch.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
It's definitely one of the throwiest lights available at its size, but I don't think that makes it hard to use for daily EDC type tasks.

Regarding size, while it fits and isn't completely uncomfortable clipped on the inside of a front jeans pocket, you can definitely feel it. Crouching down with it in my front pocket really presses it into my leg. In a jacket pocket or bag it is perfect.

I've taken it on short trips in a jeans pocket, both front and back without issue, but I do prefer it in a hoodie or jacket pocket. I keep it's less throwy brother the MH20w in my work bag. If you're worried about the GT being too throwy for you, the MH20w might be a good compromise.

I love the GT though, the beam is really beautiful and for it's size the only thing that compares is a dedomed XP-G2 P60 drop in made by Vinh.

I have a lot of other lights I would grab first if I wanted something for up close use around the house, but I just tried it out around the house at different levels and it's very usable. Sure I'd grab a floodier light first but if I'm traveling light I would be just as happy to use the MH20GT.

Thanks mate im going to pull the trigger on the MH20GT and buy a smaller floody light for jeans pocket. Probably a AAA lumintop or something ...