fixing my L2M to work

Wyl

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I purchased 2 L2M units to replace my Surefire G2 flashlight body and[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] have a Surefire and Malkoff M61 dropin to test with. I am have a problem securing the 2x CR123 batteries. They are moving around and loosing contact with the drop ins. The flashlight is intermittent and basically unusable. I have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]secured[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the batteries with some electrical tape to pack the up against the side and is works most of the time now. This is not a solution. What do you recommend to solve my problem?[/FONT]

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
The problem is that the Malkoff M61 needs some room taken up between it and the lens. I use internal snap rings. Some use o-rings. Check the Malkoff Junkie Thread Part II for pics and suggestions. Pics of my snap ring usage should be about five pages from the end of the thread.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
And not to be a jerk or to repeat the same thing constantly--but an 18650 and charger is a good match for a M61. I also like to use the shorter. Ody of my L2M with an 18350 battery and a M61LL. Six hours of runtime in such a small package is awesome. If only all 16340 lights could be converted to 18350.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have large outer springs that typically come with non-Malkoff drop-ins, it should eliminate the intermittent contact.

Wyl

Newly Enlightened
If you have large outer springs that typically come with non-Malkoff drop-ins, it should eliminate the intermittent contact.

The surefire dropping has a large order spring and it has the same intermittent problem. If not much much worse to tell you the truth. I'll have to try the bigger battery I just find rechargeables inconvenient. I just like having a A box of CR 123's in my toolbox whenever I need them.

Do you guys still buy batteries from DX.com or is there a better source?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
With it being an 18mm hole, using 16mm batteries leaves potential contact issues when jarring or shaking takes place.

The Delrin adapter reccomended or one from Powertac ($5) not only stops the rattle, it acts like a cast to keep things secure but also acts as a quick change magazine. I bought 5 and filled 'em for later use in my Malkoffs, Powertacs and SolarFarce lights.

It seems SolarFarce builds their heads just a smidge longer than SureFire. Stretching springs does not work. But adding a space filler between the lens and drop on module does. I found that an o-ring does the trick.

I've found that regardless of drop in or SolarFarce head this works.

Wyl

Newly Enlightened
The Delrin adapter recommended or one from Powertac ($5) not only stops the rattle, it acts like a cast to keep things secure but also acts as a quick change magazine. I bought 5 and filled 'em for later use in my Malkoffs, Powertacs and SolarForce lights

Would you mind providing me with a sales link? I can not seem to find them.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a pinch, I have used o-rings around the cells. That for just diameter issues, not length issues. For length I typically use OR Derlin products.

Latest posts