Shipping 18650 protected batteries to Australia

super kermit

Newly Enlightened
I am after 16 x protected batteries.

orbtronic

olight

Keepower etc

Happy to spend $10 to $14 per cell.

Does anyone know a source that can actually ship to Australia?

Thanks

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know some people don't like/have had bad experiences with Banggood and GearBest, but both ship to Australia free and usually have reasonable prices on their Li-Ion cells. It can't hurt to check them out.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the GearBest site, set shipping to Australia and currency to ASD, and looked up 18650 cells. One that caught my eye was this one: NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh 18650 Protected Li - ion $5.53

I have ordered lots of things from GearBest, including my Nitecore TM16GT and several different sizes of cells, and never had a problem.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have shipped a lot of batteries from Gearbest and Banggood and not had a problem, mainly LG 30Q, Panasonic 3400s and rewrapped Panasonics like the Olight if I wanted to pay a fortune for a pretty wrapper.....yep.

You'll pick them up for around $8 AU or less ( check for coupon codes if you can ), and they won't arrive quickly, but it is worth the marginal risk of a fake or a problem with the money you save.

Just for the record, I haven't used orbtronic as I have not figured out how to get them to Australia for free, but are 10A protected so that's fun. Keepower are rewrapped Pannies from memory but are very good by all accounts. Good luck. [emoji106]

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
all brands mentioned are 1st rate cells. Avoid sites that cell green wrapped Pannies that are "protected" ie button tops. These cells do NOT come from the factory protected. It is aftermarket re wrappers like Olight, Orbtronic, Keeppower, Evva, Fenix and Nitecore that take the quality Japanese made Panasonic/Sony cells that come out the factory flat topped and unprotected then send them to China to have Japanese made protection circuits added then wrapped. Seen a couple adds for "protected from the factory Panasonic B" cells for sale man those are fire hazards on top of likely being counterfeit. Soshine is a good Asian brand. Over a year and half ago I took a gamble and ordered 4 Soshine protected 3400mah cells. Well...to this day all 4 still charge to full capacity and charge at an amazingly even rate and hold their charge for freaking ever. Quite honestly they are the best 3400mah protected cells I have ever used. Idk about the rest of their cells.

All these cells are re wrapped Pannies and Sony cells. The protection circuits are designed by Seiko in Japan and made in Japan. The cells themselves are made in Japan as well. Seen a couple ads for supposed Panny B cells made in "Chinese Panasonic Factory but just as good as Japanese" with mystery protection circuits on them. Panasonic and Sony make their cells in Japan. Avoid Fasttech and aliexpress. They are rife with fakes mixed in with legit stuff.

keithy

Enlightened
You can buy these in Australia for only a few $$ more. Faster delivery, well packaged (less chance of damage), and no fakes.

stephenk - whereabouts from? The places I've seen these locally have been at least double if not more. My olight 14500s and Keeppower 18650s for example are at least twice the price if I buy them locally in Australia. If you have a source can you share?

all brands mentioned are 1st rate cells. Avoid sites that cell green wrapped Pannies that are "protected" ie button tops. These cells do NOT come from the factory protected.

Does that mean these are fakes? https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001980/1141104-panasonic-ncr18650b-protected-rechargeable

I've bought my keeppower cells from fasttech, but they don't seem to stock them anymore and I was looking for some protected cells.

keithy

Enlightened
I get my Li ion cells from well rated Australian eBay seller supersports600.

Thanks for the name. I just had a look at their stuff on eBay. A bit more expensive than getting them from fasttech/banggood etc though. I looked at their keeppower 14500 protected 800mAh/840mAh and I previously bought that from overseas for around AUD$22 for a set of 4. Locally they are about $20 for a set of 2.

Did you manage to find a good source for these in Australia?

Unfortunately not at the same price as getting them from overseas though. I just saw that banggood has
KeepPower 14500 840mAh protected cells for about AUD$11/pair, so I'll order from there.

Flashy808

Enlightened
What are the general shipping times for you guys?
Once I had to wait over 6 months before my flashlight arrived. It was horrible.

stephenk

Enlightened
Thanks for the name. I just had a look at their stuff on eBay. A bit more expensive than getting them from fasttech/banggood etc though. I looked at their keeppower 14500 protected 800mAh/840mAh and I previously bought that from overseas for around AUD$22 for a set of 4. Locally they are about $20 for a set of 2.

Unfortunately not at the same price as getting them from overseas though. I just saw that banggood has
KeepPower 14500 840mAh protected cells for about AUD$11/pair, so I'll order from there.

In most cases he manages to be within a few $$ of the Chinese prices. He is also involved with the design of Keeppower cells. Personally I'm prepared to pay a few $$ more, for fast delivery (usually 2 days), well packaged (less risk of damage in transit), and knowing that I'm getting a genuine item.

keithy

Enlightened
What are the general shipping times for you guys?
Once I had to wait over 6 months before my flashlight arrived. It was horrible.
Do you mean from the Chinese sites?

It can vary depending on the shipping method used. But 6 months is ridiculous. That is refund territory.

For my using standard free shipping from the various companies this is the days from shipping notice to delivery at my postbox (in metro Melb), my recent buys from:

Gearbest: 25 days, 18 days, 12 days, 14 days
Banggood: 20 days, 15 days, 14 days
AliExpress: 4 days! (this came from NZ post), 23 days, 25 days
Lighttake: 15 days

I haven't ordered from fasttech or DX for over 6 months, but the last Fasttech one was 11 days.

As a comparison, the standard shipping from Amazon for two recent orders: 8 days, 7days

Flashy808

Enlightened
Do you mean from the Chinese sites?

It can vary depending on the shipping method used. But 6 months is ridiculous. That is refund territory.

For my using standard free shipping from the various companies this is the days from shipping notice to delivery at my postbox (in metro Melb), my recent buys from:

Gearbest: 25 days, 18 days, 12 days, 14 days
Banggood: 20 days, 15 days, 14 days
AliExpress: 4 days! (this came from NZ post), 23 days, 25 days
Lighttake: 15 days

I haven't ordered from fasttech or DX for over 6 months, but the last Fasttech one was 11 days.

As a comparison, the standard shipping from Amazon for two recent orders: 8 days, 7days

Huh wow. Like I haven't ordered much which was mainly because of my extremely bad experience from GearBest but seems like you have been getting pretty good deliveries overall (compared to 6-months). And yes I used the free delivery option. Thank you for posting the times! ;)

I was thinking about ordering from FastTech as it seem less like a cheap Chinese site but I think I might give GearBest another chance. :)

Has anyone here tried Tmart or what other retailers do you purchase from and what's your favourite?? :)
Also does anyone have a mtnelectronics equivalent but with maybe free shipping?

Thanks so Much :)

Last edited:

keithy

Enlightened
Huh wow. Like I haven't ordered much which was mainly because of my extremely bad experience from GearBest but seems like you have been getting pretty good deliveries overall (compared to 6-months). And yes I used the free delivery option. Thank you for posting the times! ;)

Yea, there has been a few Gearbest issues reported in other Aust forums. 6 months delivery is ridiculous - I would have asked for a refund already.

For me I have had one issue where a small item (<$2) didn't arrive and I was never refunded. But it was only a small item. Then I had a more expensive item over $450 I got a bit ****ed around with as it meant to be in stock when I ordered it and a bit delayed (2 months after ordering it it finally shipped). But after it shipped with tracking, after shipping it arrived in 5 days - that was in December last year. Since then I haven't had any issue with them.

Fasttech are good too. But I don't know why they don't seem to have any keeppowers in stock anymore. I've seen that Banggood seem to stock keeppowers so I'll give those a go now.

Strintguy

Enlightened
I've had very good luck with Banggood. They sent me a pair of Keeppower 16340's instead of 18500's, but very quickly and easily sent out the replacements. Free 16340's !!!