E Switch trouble shooting help please.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Hey guys, last year I posted a thread on this same issue and replaced the switch guts for the 3rd time now but now it is happening again.
When I turn the light (THUD) on with fresh brand new batteries it will drop down to low and than blink. So I tried it on a different light (Haiku)same thing without the blinking.

i have a Tain THUD that this happens in and I have a Ku Ti E switch that I use in my Haiku and that also does it after a couple weeks of use. At first it works but than this issue occures???????

Does anyone know what would cause this or has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a bad ground connection. Either from the switch to the tailcap, or from the driver to the body. A bad ground connection could cause excessive resistance and weird driver behavior. Check to make sure all retaining rings are tight.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you keep the battery installed in the light? From what I recall the capacitor in the e-switch is charged when the light is off.

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Thanks for the replys guys and the help. I really am not sure what it is. It was working and than it started its crap. This is the 3rd set of guts that have done this. When I put in another new set it works fine but I would imagine it's only a matter of time until it starts again. Something must slowly go wrong some how??? They work for a while and than they don't...pop in New guts and it works until it doesn't again. 2 different lights 2 different batteries and 2 different switch housings.
I am wondering why I am the only one this is happening to, makes me think I'm doing something. Could the Haiku driver be damaging these switches somehow? I know I'm about the only one besides MohanJude that runs a Ku switch in a McGizmo Haiku.

VIDEO BELOW OF WHATS HAPPENING.

Last edited: