Need New D Mag Mod Ideas

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have roughly 25 D Mags all modified in one way or another. From simply putting in good glare coated glass to full on modified low resistance switches, all the Malkoff drop ins, aluminum reflectors, Incan mods etc.

I want to do another incan mod but my incan Mag mod experience is limited to two times I did the ROP mod. Man..the ROP put out waaaaay more than 700 lumens. Both ROP mods bulbs burnt out in two weeks though and now they are not made any more.

I have read of Welch Allyn(I think that is how you spell it)and a couple of others. I have many aluminum smooth and OP reflectors and dozens of high quality glass lenses so I have that covered. What I have yet to do is switch up power sources like try 2x26650's etc or 12xAA and so on.

My goal is true 1000+ OTF lumens with a nice warm incan tint to it. I also want to keep it throw oriented even though I know Ill end up using a LOP reflector to clean up the usual Mag Nasty artifacts. So full size reflector none of this 26mm reflector behind 51mm of lens stuff one of the best aspects of D Mags is their huge reflectors. I have a couple of small reflector mods and while powerful the throw range is cut in half.

Would also be happy with 7-800 OTF if that is all I can do. I have stacks of D Mags all over my house just waiting for new life. Pretty lost on incan bulbs though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup took a pretty good look at what he has for sale. Man! He has some amazing stuff! I really do not even know where to start. I would like to use one of my many D Mags as host. Not trying to do anything nuts just want good run time, throw oriented and a good strong powerful incan beam