SPY Case option

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if its been mentioned already but, the Storacell case works nicely for the SPY. I know the ratio of a 3K light in a 3 dollar case does not seem right, but it works! :D Case has a nice belt loop with velcro closure.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny. Well Sled, it does fit. I am totally cool with it for storage. But not 100% I could get over the psychological aspects for EDC. I carry mine in a Hogo holster. Killer light.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny. Well Sled, it does fit. I am totally cool with it for storage. But not 100% I could get over the psychological aspects for EDC. I carry mine in a Hogo holster. Killer light.

Have a Hogo for my HDS......my goal is to have Hogo make one for my Spy. :D We need to get Dan a mold so we do not have to send him our lights! :D

Headed to the Badlands in a few weeks by the way!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo doesn't need the Spy to make it. He did mine with out it. I had him make one for my HDS & my 007. Those are my two most carried. Plus as you probably found the HDS holster fits a lot of other lights. It works marvelous for a Haiku too! His work has been flawless I must add & great prices. BTW: I don't actually live in the Badlands, I just dream of it. :D

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
I'm just not red-necky enough to start wearing holsters for lights, knives, Zippos, etc. LOL

I'd rather have it in my pocket and protected, so I went this route. No added bulk, super soft, and just enough protection from my keys.

13516154_1244446662254935_3417760417284455864_n.jpg

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. I actually like the pocket sleeve idea, may look into it. :thumbsup:

If you don't want to send your light to someone to fit it, Jack Andress is who made mine, and he's happy to make more. He kept the measurements he needed for a 007 and Tain Aura. You can contact him via his FB page, or PM me and I'll give you his cell number.

Hogo doesn't need the Spy to make it. He did mine with out it. I had him make one for my HDS & my 007. Those are my two most carried. Plus as you probably found the HDS holster fits a lot of other lights. It works marvelous for a Haiku too! His work has been flawless I must add & great prices. BTW: I don't actually live in the Badlands, I just dream of it. :D

Is there a way to ask Hogo to make more? Did you have a pic of your's?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure thing, I will take a pic tonight. I will have to email it. My stupid Photobucket won't work. PM me to remind me. If you email him, I am sure he will. I went with Stingray. No Diamond.

murpharoo

Newly Enlightened
R0030479edited.jpg

triv-bordersmall.jpg

A Westone hardcase is a perfect fit for both my Tri-V and Spy 007. Snug and adds little bulk but reassuringly protects them.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Just got this from Dan, no need to send the light. First one was super tight, couldn't get the light out & had to cut the seams :(

Dan made another one & size is perfect. No charge for the second holster, didn't even let me pay shipping. Awesome service.

ThorsHammerCustomLeather.com 1.jpg

ThorsHammerCustomLeather.com 2.jpg

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I've had the new holster clipped to my belt at the 1 o'clock position ever since it arrived. It really carries nicely and the flap adds a great deal of security to a light I do not want to lose. There is nothing I would change.

Zandar

Enlightened
Dan is in the process of making 2 matching holsters for my 2 SPY lights now. I decided to add inside the case spare battery carry. Of course they won't match my old AOTH holster for that new SPY 005 that Data is making now!

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for something soft for pocket carry for a 007. I suppose a simple velvet pouch would suffice but maybe there's something better?

If you don't want to send your light to someone to fit it, Jack Andress is who made mine, and he's happy to make more. He kept the measurements he needed for a 007 and Tain Aura. You can contact him via his FB page, or PM me and I'll give you his cell number.

I looked him up on FB but he hasn't posted in over 2 years so who knows. I'd love to see the pic you posted, which has since disappeared.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for something soft for pocket carry for a 007. I suppose a simple velvet pouch would suffice but maybe there's something better?

I looked him up on FB but he hasn't posted in over 2 years so who knows. I'd love to see the pic you posted, which has since disappeared.

I have someone making me a leather skin with an integrated pocket clip for my 005, I can let you know when it's completed and post some pics