SunwayLED        

Thread: SPY Case option

Default SPY Case option

Not sure if its been mentioned already but, the Storacell case works nicely for the SPY. I know the ratio of a 3K light in a 3 dollar case does not seem right, but it works! Case has a nice belt loop with velcro closure.

Last edited by sledhead; 07-04-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: SPY Case option

Funny. Well Sled, it does fit. I am totally cool with it for storage. But not 100% I could get over the psychological aspects for EDC. I carry mine in a Hogo holster. Killer light.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    Funny. Well Sled, it does fit. I am totally cool with it for storage. But not 100% I could get over the psychological aspects for EDC. I carry mine in a Hogo holster. Killer light.
    Have a Hogo for my HDS......my goal is to have Hogo make one for my Spy. We need to get Dan a mold so we do not have to send him our lights!

Headed to the Badlands in a few weeks by the way!

Hogo doesn't need the Spy to make it. He did mine with out it. I had him make one for my HDS & my 007. Those are my two most carried. Plus as you probably found the HDS holster fits a lot of other lights. It works marvelous for a Haiku too! His work has been flawless I must add & great prices. BTW: I don't actually live in the Badlands, I just dream of it.

I'm just not red-necky enough to start wearing holsters for lights, knives, Zippos, etc. LOL

I'd rather have it in my pocket and protected, so I went this route. No added bulk, super soft, and just enough protection from my keys.

Cool Fall Spy 007 Sapphire - Tain Timascus Thud (1st ever Timascus by Tain) - Tain Damascus Aura - Tain Ti Aura - Tain Corona
    Hanko Twisted Ti Trident - LUX-RC FL33 - Olight S1 Baton - Olight S1 Baton Blasted Ti

Interesting. I actually like the pocket sleeve idea, may look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Interesting. I actually like the pocket sleeve idea, may look into it.
    If you don't want to send your light to someone to fit it, Jack Andress is who made mine, and he's happy to make more. He kept the measurements he needed for a 007 and Tain Aura. You can contact him via his FB page, or PM me and I'll give you his cell number.
    Cool Fall Spy 007 Sapphire - Tain Timascus Thud (1st ever Timascus by Tain) - Tain Damascus Aura - Tain Ti Aura - Tain Corona
    Hanko Twisted Ti Trident - LUX-RC FL33 - Olight S1 Baton - Olight S1 Baton Blasted Ti

Default SPY Case option

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    Hogo doesn't need the Spy to make it. He did mine with out it. I had him make one for my HDS & my 007. Those are my two most carried. Plus as you probably found the HDS holster fits a lot of other lights. It works marvelous for a Haiku too! His work has been flawless I must add & great prices. BTW: I don't actually live in the Badlands, I just dream of it.
    Is there a way to ask Hogo to make more? Did you have a pic of your's?

Sure thing, I will take a pic tonight. I will have to email it. My stupid Photobucket won't work. PM me to remind me. If you email him, I am sure he will. I went with Stingray. No Diamond.

A Westone hardcase is a perfect fit for both my Tri-V and Spy 007. Snug and adds little bulk but reassuringly protects them.

+1 on the Westone hardcase.

Just got this from Dan, no need to send the light. First one was super tight, couldn't get the light out & had to cut the seams

Dan made another one & size is perfect. No charge for the second holster, didn't even let me pay shipping. Awesome service.

ThorsHammerCustomLeather.com 1.jpg

ThorsHammerCustomLeather.com 2.jpg
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at https://precisionelectrical.us/

Nice looking holster. Might have to give Dan a shout.

Thanks for posting!

I've had the new holster clipped to my belt at the 1 o'clock position ever since it arrived. It really carries nicely and the flap adds a great deal of security to a light I do not want to lose. There is nothing I would change.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at https://precisionelectrical.us/

Popcorn Re: SPY Case option

Dan is in the process of making 2 matching holsters for my 2 SPY lights now. I decided to add inside the case spare battery carry. Of course they won't match my old AOTH holster for that new SPY 005 that Data is making now!
    Last edited by Zandar; 09-02-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Material: ostrich skin + deerskin + talons skin

WTB
    Photon King1; purple A2; stainless steel monster; mini-monster; DARPA DEF3B/C

bound, that is very nice.

link to my Hogo rig.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...07-Pics/page20

see post 587
    Last edited by Str8stroke; 09-07-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Looking for something soft for pocket carry for a 007. I suppose a simple velvet pouch would suffice but maybe there's something better?

Quote Originally Posted by jskelton View Post
    If you don't want to send your light to someone to fit it, Jack Andress is who made mine, and he's happy to make more. He kept the measurements he needed for a 007 and Tain Aura. You can contact him via his FB page, or PM me and I'll give you his cell number.
    I looked him up on FB but he hasn't posted in over 2 years so who knows. I'd love to see the pic you posted, which has since disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    Looking for something soft for pocket carry for a 007. I suppose a simple velvet pouch would suffice but maybe there's something better?

I looked him up on FB but he hasn't posted in over 2 years so who knows. I'd love to see the pic you posted, which has since disappeared.
    I have someone making me a leather skin with an integrated pocket clip for my 005, I can let you know when it’s completed and post some pics
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I have someone making me a leather skin with an integrated pocket clip for my 005, I can let you know when it’s completed and post some pics
    Yes please. Thanks Ozy

Flashaholic*

Would love to see it as well

Flashaholic*

Me too.

Default SPY Case option

He’s in the national guard or armed forces of some sort, the project was delayed due to the Cali fires as he was running support but I’m hoping he’s back at it by now.

I’ll update this thread with pics when they come in.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs