The dreaded Nitecore failure

d88

Newly Enlightened
Well I suppose going by the stories on here and after nearly a year of owning my EC11, it finally failed on me a few weeks ago. Luckily it's the middle of summer with lot's of daylight and I do have a few spare EDC's lying around so I was prepared for the "We have to send it back to China" routine with the months of waiting that entails.

However, to my pleasant surprise the original vendor Torch Direct (UK) were very efficient in dealing with my issue. They immediately sent it back to Nitecore UK and hey presto, 10 days after first raising the issue, the postman has just delivered a fully working EC11 (I had my name engraved on it so I know it's my original one).

Obviously it would have been better if there had been no failure at all but a little thank you at least is in order to both Torch Direct and Nitecore UK for a fast and efficient turn around.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a good conclusion. Great for the vendor to handle it that way. Mine is still going strong. No issues. I got it when they first dropped.

d88

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a good conclusion. Great for the vendor to handle it that way. Mine is still going strong. No issues. I got it when they first dropped.

It's a great little light and was useful to me for my work especially during last winter where it was near invaluable, so I was keen to have it back before the days start getting shorter. Fingers crossed there are no more issues !!

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad things went well and hopefully it will continue working for good!

d88

Newly Enlightened
Something to do with the circuit board. They just swapped out the old one and inserted a new one.