New Pocket Flashlight Design, integrated with real teak . By Grain Of Light.

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Ankor, by Grain Of Light - A multi-tool flashlight

POST UPDATE:

Ankor is now released on Kickstarter . A Special thanks to everyone who helped shape this flashlight to the product it is today. Candlepower is awesome!

1096961484347787220.png

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lookin' good.

When, where and how much?
Will it run off a primary 123?

I like the IP68 rating. Good dust resitance number.
Great for keeing out pocket lint. lol

Last edited:

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the comment. We are working on a higher CRI true colour option. The 7000K and 4500K (neutral) have different benefits and is based on preference. I will keep you posted!

7000K...getting on the blue side...

Danielsan

Enlightened
Is it a good idea with the wood, i mean what about the heat absorbing ? Granted, the light is relatively large and has not that much lumens, so its maybe not a problem. Is this a hard wood? I wouldnt want large dents when i drop it. I like the Cri option. Maybe there is a version without the wood in the future, maybe titanium or carbon fibre instead of the wood.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
An XP-L HI V3 1A 6500k would work better for more throw. Brighter hotspot.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat light. I like the look. For the future ideas, Something like Birds Eye, Bacote, or Coco to sorta match knife scales would be kinda unique and cool too.
Sadly thought, I just can't get me self past 7K.
Good luck, I will be checking it out on KS.

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Neat light. I like the look. For the future ideas, Something like Birds Eye, Bacote, or Coco to sorta match knife scales would be kinda unique and cool too.

Same here. If it had been 4500-5000k and a tail clicky, I would have been in, but can't deal with the side switch or that false-white.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thanks for the comment. We are working on a higher CRI true colour option. The 7000K and 4500K (neutral) have different benefits and is based on preference. I will keep you posted!

7000K is too angry blue for me but 4500K sounds better. Simple no fuss design. :)

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Currently working on a 4500K option. The reason for no clicky tail is due to a unique tail clip for the flashlight that we will be presenting soon. We will keep you posted and thanks again for the feedback.

Same here. If it had been 4500-5000k and a tail clicky, I would have been in, but can't deal with the side switch or that false-white.

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Agreed, 4500K has a much better CRI and we can see the benefits for this. We are working on the design for this and will keep you posted. Hopefully we can release the flashlight with both LED options. Thanks !

7000K is too angry blue for me but 4500K sounds better. Simple no fuss design. :)

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
That's great CS right there. Listen to your potential customers and you'll do well in any business.

They shouldn't steer the ship, but they can offer helpful guidance for sure.

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Absolutely! You are the real deal! Stay tuned.

That's great CS right there. Listen to your potential customers and you'll do well in any business.

They shouldn't steer the ship, but they can offer helpful guidance for sure.

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
We are working on getting a 4500K option. Also, the wood will remain as teak for the first release, but we will definitely look into offering different species in the future. Infact, the wooden sleeve will be easily replaceable for personalization and preference! The flashlight has been designed for the ability to personalize most parts including the sleeve, bezel and switch ring. Thanks!

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Currently working on a 4500K option. The reason for no clicky tail is due to a unique tail clip for the flashlight that we will be presenting soon. We will keep you posted and thanks again for the feedback.

An XP-L HI V3 1A 6500k would work better for more throw. Brighter hotspot.

GrainOfLight

Newly Enlightened
Here is an example of the other sleeve options, titanium, carbon fiber and wooden.

3979751467921736247.jpg

Is it a good idea with the wood, i mean what about the heat absorbing ? Granted, the light is relatively large and has not that much lumens, so its maybe not a problem. Is this a hard wood? I wouldnt want large dents when i drop it. I like the Cri option. Maybe there is a version without the wood in the future, maybe titanium or carbon fibre instead of the wood.

Empath

Flashaholic
Some posts have been removed as too commercial. It's sufficient to mention that you're introducing it on Kickstarter. However the linkis to sites, projected prices and commercial offerings should be conducted according to CPF advertisers policies.