Who likes Columbia River knives ?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do have better knives, Microtech, Benchmade, William Henry, Maters of defense.

But for the price and fun factor, CRKT stuff is great. I have over a dozen of them and have been pretty pleased with them. CRKT is usually my EDC

03lab

Enlightened
I agree, they offer great designs at a really attractive price. I especially like the KFF and Point Guard. What are your favorites?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first (and only so far) decent knife is a CRKT S2 small. Absolutely love its small size and light weight. If we, in the UK, were allowed to carry locking knives, it would definately be my EDC. As it is, i leave it at work, and pop it in my pocket when work starts. Its always handy for most cutting tasks.

TOB9595

Enlightened
I'm real impressed with the quality of the CRKT line. I got in trouble once describing my CRKT as crk Shark.
CRK is the Sebenza. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have the Urban Shark and have had a few others. The S2 is way nice but a little too small for my dainty, beef mitts.
Invariably the blade is nicely centered, no blade play, and good lock up. Steel stays sharp and is easily touched up.
I looked under a parts microscope once and the nicest blade was the CRKT S2 all the way to the point. Almost like they sheared it instead of grinding. Compared Spyderco Endura, Spydie D'Allara, BM Ascent and 350, Sebenza, Kershaw Vapor 2. NOW that was impressive.
The under $20 knives of CRKT and Kershaw are mighty impressive.
Tom

DumboRAT

Enlightened
I think I really need to get my paws on a CRKT Lightfoot M1......

I've got his Vegas Classic division winning "Full Contact Fighter," and the two seem like a logical pair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

TOB9595

Enlightened
I couldn't think of it before DumboRat replied but it's the M1 that I also am after /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

ygbsm

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
I do have better knives, Microtech, Benchmade, William Henry, Maters of defense.

But for the price and fun factor, CRKT stuff is great. I have over a dozen of them and have been pretty pleased with them. CRKT is usually my EDC

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I have a couple of custom Crawfords, some Striders, MODs, Emersons, Microtechs and Benchmades, many of which enter the rotation, but the one that is always part of EDC is a CRKT. I don't worry about getting it filthy or scratching the blade or finish, etc. It rides around in the pocket with coins keys and all that other stuff that would really worry me if it were more expensive. Plus, CRKT keeps adding great models to their line -- I saw a custom Hammond Cruiser that I developed a serious lust for (luckily someone bought it before I lost all sense /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif) -- now CRKT is offering a version of the Cruiser, but at a seventh of the price! The same thing happened with the Crawford Kasper.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I love them! My M16-03 is part of my EDC rotation along with my Microtechs and others. The flipper is great. It has the toughest HA coating I've seen on the handle. Two years of hard use and you can't see a mark on it. I also have a small S-2.

Take a look at the CRKT Website for the new 2004 line. Lots of new stuff including a really cool Elishewitz design and a desert tan M16 with 4 clip postions and more.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great blades! Before I got introduced to Striders, I EDCed a CRKT KISS for 3 years.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with these guys, before I got my Strider GB I carried a CRKT Lightfoot M1 for around 6 months and that is some knife for the $40-50 price tag, just a cutting machine, and heavy duty!

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
They are excellent knives for what someone pays. I had and still have a CRKT KISS folder, excellent design and performance. I could buy several of CRKT's knives.

I am also looking forward to the upcomming models, eg. the Hitassou /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Even if I don't have a real use for a knive that has only one use (slicing) I somehow love the tanto shape.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to know. I have a wholesale source on CRKT.
If we can pick one or two models. I can put together a group buy

BTW, My EDC is a large 7013 Apache in ATS34 steel. I abuse the hell out of it on duty and it still stays nice.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need about a week to get some things together. Then I can start doing some various group buys.
I might even be able to get Surefire stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I know pelican is available as well as Streamlight

03lab

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I just picked up a M16 - 03z in Zytel and I am very happy with the quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif It has put my faith back in liner locks (i'm especially happy with the double safety feature). I intend to use it for EDC on scout camps when i'm not wearing and my leatherman wave.

After examining it beside a spyderco, I chose the CRKT (I also have a spyderco assist with the carbide glass breaker) partly because of price, but also because of convenience in opening, small size and double lock, and similar quality. Looks cool too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had a cheap 'fury' i think it was, a very small keychain knife that also had a liner lock. When I was cutting one day it folded back up on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif . I tightened the screw tighter, but the only thing it did was make the blade impossible to get out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for CRKT

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I am a total fan of CRKT knives. I have not seen anything else that even comes close in the quality for the price. Very affordable and very tough and well made. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Currently I own a couple Crawford/Kasper models and bought a Point Guard as well.

My friends like the CRKT design, but can't stand the LAWKS. Honestly, after you use one for awhile, you don't even notice the LAWKS is there.

--Jason

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tonight ordered the M16-14ZSF.

I thought it would be more than twice the $60 price that I paid for it.
Plus:
"Each M16-14SF comes with two stainless steel Teflon-plated clothing/gear clips, extra screws and a Torx® tool, allowing four position carry on belts or webbing— tip up, tip down, left or right."

I just got a CRKT Rollock, and I don't like it at all. I think that the way the blade opens is very awkward, and gimmicky.

I do like the quality of the knife. But, when I first got it, I had to practice with it for over two hours before I could close it one-handed.
It's going to sit in a drawer, I guess...

M16_14SF_both.jpg