You know you are a flashaholic when....

Lex Icon

Newly Enlightened
They say you know you've learned to speak another language when you begin dreaming in the new idiom. When you go to sleep thinking about flashlights, find them in your dreams, and check out the flashlight forums soon after you wake up, does it mean you've been struck by an incurable syndrome?.........I am going to take a nap now, I'll check back in a couple of hours.

ven

Flashaholic
When you have opened a 2nd album called flashlight2 due to the 1st being 2400+pics and a nightmare to find anything!

ven

Flashaholic
I have folders broken down by makers.

:laughing: Defo a flashaholic to require folders to be organised, for all the flashlight pics!! If I could go back I would but too much effort now!
Will just limit each new album to maybe 300 pics, do like that idea of manufacturers .

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: Defo a flashaholic to require folders to be organised, for all the flashlight pics!! If I could go back I would but too much effort now!
Will just limit each new album to maybe 300 pics, do like that idea of manufacturers .

Sometimes I rename them in batches to keep certain models and materials together. My head starts to hurt when there are multiple lights in one photo and I can't decide which folder to put it in, or to just waste space and copy the image to each corresponding folder. OCD problems.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you have opened a 2nd album called flashlight2 due to the 1st being 2400+pics and a nightmare to find anything!

Ohhhhh - good one ven. I recently had to start a new Picassa album because I maxed out my old one at 1,000 photos. I realized I have a digital camera that's taken mostly flashlight photos for most of its life.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
:hitit:Way to go bro. I can see your album/s being a weekly thing:poke:mind you, mad May is over now :laughing:

I stopped folder 1 at just over a thousand.

Lights still trickle in here n there. I caught up on restoring the Mad May batch, so I bought a couple more non working early 19th century lights for the challenge.

Got one going last night but the switch is fickle. What to do? Potentially breaking one of the few nice ones remaining in attempts to re-fashion thin metal or just live with it?
Kinda embarassing when I go to show one off and it acts goofy, because as you know with cars and stuff it'll act perfect until you go to show it off. lol

Flashlight king Steve Giterman told me he has a few really rare lights that are fickle. So if he can live with a fickle switch I suppose I can too.
I'll just name it "the fickle Franco" and call it a day.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Last night, I was thinking about bumping up this topic.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...haholic-When&p=4873430&viewfull=1#post4873430

I know I am a flashoholic when every time I drive past the post office, I feel a visceral adrenaline spike: Has my flashlight arrived yet?

Every time, even when I do not have any flashlights currently ordered.

You know you are a flashaholic when...

You immediately think of the existing "You know you are a flashaholic when" thread :laughing:

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Showed a coworker my Olight s1 baton today and had him turn it on, I had the memory set to high of course, and he was amazed. He quickly asked where he could buy this light. Maybe I started a new flashoholic.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you are a flashaholic when... you run your first 100-mile ultra race with
1 x Fenix PD31 XP-G2
2 x Fenix HL55
6 x 18650 batteries

Not exactly lightweight but definitely very flashaholic! :twothumbs

Merry Christmas everyone!