ArmyTek        
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Default Re: The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

Ugh... I've had the same from folks who should know better. That one has seen some use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Especially given how the one I purchased from a fellow CPF member L@@Ks. If it had been purchased from FourSevens I would have requested a replacement.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by YummyBacon! View Post
    Ugh... I've had the same from folks who should know better. That one has seen some use.
    When I first saw it, I thought it might've been a knock off. I wrote FourSevens asking them if they were aware of anyone producing fake titanium Bolt Action lights. They said, "No, not that they were aware of." I sent them a couple of pictures but that's as far as it went. The machining is so rough I just couldn't believe it was an original.

I would have asked the seller to take it back and issue a refund, but the light wasn't available anywhere else.

As far as the seller, he didn't make any effort to disclose how bad the light L@@Ked. However, I don't think the light has seen any abuse. It doesn't look abused or warn. It just looks like a knock off or a second. It should've ended up in the recycle pile.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I saw that as an attempt at a "stone wash" finish, where the part is put in a vibrating drum of metal shards to "beat" the surface into a random pattern, obscuring any remaining machine marks from manufacturing. Only that one had machining marks way too deep and got way too little time in the finishing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I saw that as an attempt at a "stone wash" finish, where the part is put in a vibrating drum of metal shards to "beat" the surface into a random pattern, obscuring any remaining machine marks from manufacturing. Only that one had machining marks way too deep and got way too little time in the finishing media.
    Your hypothesis makes sense to me, Hondo.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I'm thinking about sending it to Precisionworks for some additional bead blasting, but I'm concerned these makers marks wouldn't be retained. Also, member YummyBacon thinks some additional tumbling would be necessary. I don't want to end-up with a generic Bolt-Acton.

~ Chance

Photo Credit - Unknown

~ CG

Any public update(s) on the weapon light?

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Any public update(s) on the weapon light?
    Hi wacbzz. Nothing I've been able to find. You can request information by clicking on this link. ~

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...ewform?c=0&w=1

~ Chance

Thanks for the info and link Chance. I hope this light isn't vaporware...

Thanks for the info and link Chance. I hope this light isn't vaporware...
    You're most certainly welcome. Me too - on hoping it will materialize. Congrats on your new sidearm.

~ Chance

You're most certainly welcome. Me too - on hoping it will materialize. Congrats on your new sidearm.

~ Chance
    Thanks.

Wait. Do you....hmmmm...

Thanks.

Wait. Do you....hmmmm...

~ CG

Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 04-19-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Love it CG, whole heap o 47's......................

Hi ya, ven. I forgot to include the photo credit. That picture was absconded from the FourSevens Facebook page.

It's pretty cool. Lord knows I'd never stack mine like that.

~ CG

I should have realised, mrs G would not be happy!

Customized G5

~ CG Photo Credit
    - think2x

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Beautiful Chance! Did not realize you liked Spydies also. I just saw your Mini MK II, so of course I had to buy one too...it is on it's way...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Beautiful Chance! Did not realize you liked Spydies also. I just saw your Mini MK II, so of course I had to buy one too...it is on it's way...
    Hey, Crazyeddiethefirst, I messed up on the photo credit above. That light and Spyd-e belong to member thinkx2. I hope we both enjoy our new Mini Mark Turbo.

~ Chance

reppans, that's a good start.

I could not resist, and added two more of the last Quark Pro's to my collection, despite having way too many already. I hope the last remaining 3 get to CPF'ers. They are the QPLC variety, CR123, no clip. There are still a bunch of the QTL's. Tried to get this out to a broader audience here on good deals, but got smacked down, as expected, because the venue is the ever popular auction site. So go get 'em guys, you can't buy parts for the price of these great complete lights, and there won't be any more made.

First, my Lego Quark 18650 Paladin, when you want a really long runtime and a solid scar maker to those who would threaten my loved ones:
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...8053FD26F3.jpg
    Next, My Knight/Paladin collection welcoming my Mini MK II combo, complete with Four Sevens spare battery carrier. I Love this light and the charger is outstanding and idiot proof!
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...CB061645AC.jpg
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...3EA2927121.jpg

Wand and Saku salute FourSevens!

This is too cool.
    ~ Chance

Photo Credit
    - Crazyeddiethefirst

Wimm, Have you ever given a man a foot rub?

~ Chance

Haha no sir I have not. Well not unless Mrs. Wallace is a cross-dresser.

The lovely Mia! Cross-dresser or not, I'd give her a foot massage. ..... With Big Mans permission, of course.

~ Chance

I really love this picture.

~ Chance

I second that, just wish I could add those four to the collection...

"FourSevens Random Question Thread"

Ok, I got a random question. Four Sevens MMU-X3. October 2014, I purchased the MMU-X3. I did well selecting my first real light. This permanently classic item will be forever beloved by flashoholics. I still love this light.

Question: Can this light receive an emitter upgrade? 1.8 inch/46mm head diameter, with three partially overlapping reflector wells: So nice a reflector configuration. Please, please remove the legacy emitters and replace them with current technology emitters. That would be oh so nice!
    Acebeam two X65Vn, X45vn70.2. Eagletac MX25L4CvnT XP-L. Fenix TK75vnQ70. Manker MK34Vn XPL.
    Nitecore TM06Svn 4 x XHP50.2. Noctigon Meteor M43vn XP-L dd. P60vn Quad XP-L HD 2 cell host Cryos Cu head. Thrunite TN36UTvn, TN42vn.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast