Mr. Johnson

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael,

Thanks so much for taking time out from your busy schedule to call me this evening. You are a true gentleman.

I will be mailing you my Deft-edc-X Enthusiast Monday.

Steve

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael, I posted this message in a new thread because I wanted to thank you publicly... which you very much deserve.

If, however, you find this thread to be inappropriate or a nusence of any kind, please feel free to delete it entirely.

Thanks again
wim

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok well this is quite embarrassing, but if you must know....

I received the light from Alex Friday... opened the box, turned on the light, then turned it off and put it back in the box since I was at work. Otherwise it never would have gone back in the box.

Well, a while later I opened up the box only to find the light burning up hot. Long story short... the tail switch must have made contact with the side of the box and turned itself on. I've tried everything imaginable to remove the batteries but they are fused together and/or to the body. One positive note is that after failing to remove the batteries, I screwed the tail cap back on and tried to turn on the light... it worked.

So Michael says he's going to rebuild it.

I mailed the Deft-edc-X Enthusiast earlier today.

Yes I know how stupid it was to have done what I did. And yes I know that I'll forever be known as the moron who destroyed an irreplaceable light the minute he got it.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok well this is quite embarrassing, but if you must know....
................ Yes I know how stupid it was to have done what I did .............

wimmer, you are Brave + Honest!!
And you've made me laugh too!

[ DISCLAIMER: I, myself, personally, may or - may not - have ever done anything silly in my life ... ]

Regards,

ven

Flashaholic
Yes *beep* happens and sometimes too easy even with things in place to help prevent it! .................imagine what kind of a muppet would charge a 4.2v cell to 4.35v! ...............imagine doing it twice :whistle:

:laughing:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Michael really came through for me. I spoke to him and he has successfully repaired/rebuilt by Deft-edc-X Enthusiast and has already sent me a tracking number.

I never imagined this would happen so quickly... YOU are amazing! Thanks 100 times for doing this for me, sir. I am in your debt.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Deft-edc-X Enthusiast today and I LOVE IT!

This light is amazing. The way the beam isolates the target is outstanding!

Michael, thank you, sir. Like OG said... you are a true craftsman. You are also a genius.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Alex. I know you felt terrible about what happened, but it was all my fault. All is good now... and Mike explained the lockout function!