Digital Camera

rycen

Enlightened
Looking for a digital camera. Mainly for posting things on the Net (ebay, here, etc.) Not really making any large prints of photos. One catch, though. It has to be from Best Buy. Any suggestions?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well you dont realy need a high megapixel cam for that id sugest the kodak cam thats at walmart its 2 megapixel has 3x optical zoom digital zoom stinks btw. its 149 bucks

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had a model called the 2650 thats looks excatly like that one it was made from fuji to. what i hated about it was the battery door.if ya held cam in certain way battery door opened i almost droped cam a few times but , fuji makes great lens.i use a cannon a70 but its 300 bucks.but its a great camera for low light and inside shot. but you cant beat that fuji you are ooking at for pricce i payed that for the 2 megapixel 2650 last year

TOB9595

Enlightened
I just got a Fuji A210 for Christmas from MY LADY. The camera is very nice. The pics are just great in lighted situations. It's perfect for your stated uses.
I was very pleased with the pics and setting choices. Settings are very easy to change.
You will not be dissapointed with this choice.
Rechargeable batts (2aa) are a must as it chews them up quickly.
Screen is bright and downloading from the camera via the usb cable is a snap.
Photo software is ok but I used stuff I already have on my puter.
The 16 meg XD card is mediocre because it doesn't hold much. About 18 pics on highest resolution which is mightily impressive. The resolution I mean.
I bought a 64 meg xd to supplement it.
I always use the highest resolution and then scale the pic down while retaining the higher clarity.
3x optical zoom and macro capabilities. They both perform well and are easy to use. The self timer was also very easy to use.
Much easier to set than the Canon.

I use a Canon A80 at work and I wanted the same camera for me. So I only have to learn one set of settings.
I Never used the 64 meg xd card tho cause I returned the camera to get a Canon A80.
If you get the A210 give me a shout if you find yourself in need of a 64 meg card /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

raggie33

*the raggedier*
looks like the 310 has a better iso equivalncy up to 400 so it will be better in low light. also looks smaller ill try to find more info for you

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a Fuji s3000 from Tigerdirect.com today. Nice camera and a pretty good price. I've found it a little cheaper other places, but I bought some other stuff and had them throw it in. Like it alot.

TOB9595

Enlightened
When I was searching out cams I looked at the A310 and If I remember correctly the 310 has the newest chip from Fuji that "supposedly" increases the useful pixel resolution due to a change in pixel shape. Theoretically, from Fuji, it gives a better resolution matching a 5 or 6 mp camera. Maybe I'm exaggerating But the essence is there. I haven't seen anyone mention it in a review tho.
I have no experience hands on with the 310. It is slightly smaller than the 210
210 = 3.9x2.6x2.1 inch 7.9 oz
310 = 3.8x2.5x1.3 inch 6.7 oz

A consideration is the way it fits your hand. I thought the 310 would be slightly small for my mitts.
Tom

rycen

Enlightened
ok there was a thread awhile on how to post pics and I cant seem to find it.Can somebody post a link?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont know link to what you asked btw wha6t cam did you get?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
when u clcik reply look under box where you type then clcik image then it kinda gudes you thru it . acourse you have to upload pic to a sever first

TOB9595

Enlightened
Rycen, now that you have the A210 it can safely be said
useless.gif

Let's see some
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tom