• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Personal Mini Safe -Stainless Steel Body - MEDECO Lock

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold: Personal Mini Safe, rust proof stainless steel body, Medeco lock. Dimensions: approx. 5" x 11" x 9". Very high quality drill and pick resistant lock. Hardened steel plates in the lock; and one angular cut, high security key included. Can be drilled and bolted to a wall or shelf; or installed in a truck or boat. These were originally designed to be installed in a vehicle, and the original cost was $350 ea. Asking $75ea. (used, with some blemishes) shipped priority 2 day air, USA, PayPal. All sold.
oiH3nr.jpg

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Personal Mini Safe -Stainless Steel Body - MEDECO Lock

Interesting

I'm trying to figure out how the unit can be bolted down. Pictures and an explanation would be nice.

Total weight and thickness of steel throughout, would also be important to many potential buyers.

How about a view of the interior?

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Total weight with packaging is ~10 lbs. It's sheet steel. Its light steel for a safe, however strong stainless for a lockbox. The sides or bottom can be drilled through and a lag bolt and washer could screw the safe directly into a wall stud. Or laying on its side, drill through the bottom and bolt it to a shelf. You could even use it as a floor safe as the unusual bottom would set in concrete and hold well. The door is spring loaded. There is a stop pin attached to the inside with a chain. When opened, the stop pin can be pulled out, and placed in the small hole in the side. This holds the door open. Also, when the door is closed, an additional lock can be run through the same hole, double locking the door closed. Please note: key cannot be easily duplicated. Interior shot:
rLlAOk.jpg

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lightknot,
I've got a few Medeco locks, and at least with mine, the key blanks are registered to me.
Are these locks using a standard Medeco non cross cut key?

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

KITROBASKIN The key operates a simple latch bolt which engages the frame of the door. As mentioned above, they can also be double locked.
NoNotAgain Yes. These use keys with the cuts across the blank at differing angles; (high security key) standard on Medeco locks. Duplicates can only be ordered by contacting the original manufacturer, (I can supply you with the contact info) and they cost $10 ea. This is because the mfg. has exclusive rights to the keyway and only they can get the proper blanks from Medeco.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wondering if that unusual area in the back of the mini safe could somehow be possibly drilled to accept a bicycle U lock, or smaller hardened cable?

The $75 includes shipping at no extra cost to USA destinations?

Do we PM for PayPal address?

lightknot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, that area on the back could be drilled to accept a U-lock, or cable lock. $75 includes USA shipping, no extra cost.
However they are all now sold.

SOLD

Last edited: