Best Stock Light out the Box?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Whats the best Stock light out the box that would be close to a modded light or so good it would be pointless modding?

If this exists please comment. Just my thoughts wondering ...

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600W MK III Hi

Vinh was able to take it apart & couldn't find anything needing modding. No boost, wiring, heatsinking, etc. It's a nice light

Convoy L6

For a big boy that is relatively inexpensive this is a nice light

I have both of the above lights.

ven

Flashaholic
Will get past the best, as no such thing, completely subjective........just like which is the best colour.

So , acebeam k60,
Thrower wise acebeam k70, olight sr52UT and several others are all great lights out of the box.
Fenix tk75 is a great light out of the box and so is the rc40 for the run time on max
Flood lights, the niwalker mm15 variations are great, as is the mm18 , thrunite tn36,tn36UT
T6 is great out of the box

Will take one example, lets say the jetbeam T6

Specs
Maximum output: 4350lumens
Max beam distance: 750meters

Lets take a modded one
T6vn
Lumen: 6300/5800
Lux: 430K/400K
Max Throw: 1300m Throw

So gained 2000lm which is best part of 50% output, and as good as doubled the throw from 750m to 1300m

So why go out of the box:p

With all the threads going on, lots are crossing and all similar, modded or not etc

My advice is get a vinh light around what use you require, you wont regret it and nothing will change that recommendation........Believe or not, i am actually saving you money!. You will buy a standard light, after a few days you will then wonder if you had got a modded done............it would happen trust me!

My advice is based on my experiences and trying to help other miss out a lot of the middle ground and just get straight to the better performing light/s.

ven

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC600W MK III Hi

Vinh was able to take it apart & couldn't find anything needing modding. No boost, wiring, heatsinking, etc. It's a nice light

Convoy L6

For a big boy that is relatively inexpensive this is a nice light

I have both of the above lights.

+1 to those, especially the ZL mk3...............

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Will get past the best, as no such thing, completely subjective........just like which is the best colour.

So , acebeam k60,
Thrower wise acebeam k70, olight sr52UT and several others are all great lights out of the box.
Fenix tk75 is a great light out of the box and so is the rc40 for the run time on max
Flood lights, the niwalker mm15 variations are great, as is the mm18 , thrunite tn36,tn36UT
T6 is great out of the box

Will take one example, lets say the jetbeam T6

Specs
Maximum output: 4350lumens
Max beam distance: 750meters

Lets take a modded one
T6vn
Lumen: 6300/5800
Lux: 430K/400K
Max Throw: 1300m Throw

So gained 2000lm which is best part of 50% output, and as good as doubled the throw from 750m to 1300m

So why go out of the box:p

With all the threads going on, lots are crossing and all similar, modded or not etc

My advice is get a vinh light around what use you require, you wont regret it and nothing will change that recommendation........Believe or not, i am actually saving you money!. You will buy a standard light, after a few days you will then wonder if you had got a modded done............it would happen trust me!

My advice is based on my experiences and trying to help other miss out a lot of the middle ground and just get straight to the better performing light/s.

I may be wrong but I worry about run times with modded lights, fair enough if you can step down to medium and its still the same as a stock lights turbo then that would be cool, is there a vinh light that does this?

I mean match the turbo mode and run times but puts it at medium or high so its the same run times and then the extra is just boost, i hope that made sense..

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
What I mean is if the MM18ii is 8200 lumesn and the MM18vn is 1300 lumens I would be happy if the medium/high mode on the MM18vn would match the 8200 lumens then we are back to run time and the Turbo is actually just for short bursts.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure on the exact mode levels of the mm18vn, usually the modes get a little bump up, the turbo quite a bit!. So there will be a mode you can run with decent output and for long duration's.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK's look like flashlights Dethklock would use. OP need to narrow down the TONS of amazing out the box lights to size. I have my favorite EDC's which are several different models in rotation. ZL MkIII HI is an out of the park home run from ZL. I cannot say enough good things about it.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
That would be the Noctigon M43 Meteor.
Even Vin (V54) had problems figuring out how to improve it at first.