Zebralight Problems

Zebraguy136

Newly Enlightened
Hey All! I'm new here and need some advice. I purchased a Zebralight SC600w Mk-III Hi about 3 months ago from E-2 Field Gear and being new to Li-ion batteries I purchased unprotected LG 18650 3500mAh batteries from liion wholesale and when I got the batteries they didn't really look legit. The weight and length of the battery was right but instead of the printed label there was just a sticker on the battery and no manufacturing code on the battery. (This may not be relevant information but it may help :twothumbs). This is my edc (used to carry a Mini Maglight (fantastic light btw)). Anyway I pulled out my Zebra the other day to use it on the hi setting and after being on for a few seconds the beam changed from the neutral white to more of a bluish beam if that makes sense. After turning it off and on a few times and having the same result eventually the flashlight quit working all together. i switched out the batteries still nothing. Tested the batteries they appear to be at the correct voltages. So now I'm at a loss. Is it the batteries or the light? Is the flashlight junk? What do I do? Any answers and advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey All! I'm new here and need some advice. I purchased a Zebralight SC600w Mk-III Hi about 3 months ago from E-2 Field Gear and being new to Li-ion batteries I purchased unprotected LG 18650 3500mAh batteries from liion wholesale and when I got the batteries they didn't really look legit. The weight and length of the battery was right but instead of the printed label there was just a sticker on the battery and no manufacturing code on the battery. (This may not be relevant information but it may help :twothumbs). This is my edc (used to carry a Mini Maglight (fantastic light btw)). Anyway I pulled out my Zebra the other day to use it on the hi setting and after being on for a few seconds the beam changed from the neutral white to more of a bluish beam if that makes sense. After turning it off and on a few times and having the same result eventually the flashlight quit working all together. i switched out the batteries still nothing. Tested the batteries they appear to be at the correct voltages. So now I'm at a loss. Is it the batteries or the light? Is the flashlight junk? What do I do? Any answers and advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

It's broken, so just Email them, or call them for an RMA number and deal with it.

Sounds like something in the driver board started going and you got some tint shift for one reason, or another.

They're man made objects and sometimes a stinker gets through QC, or something just goes dwanky on us.

Chris

Last edited:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's broken, so just Email them, or call them for an RMA number and deal with it.

Sounds like something in the driver board started going and you got some tint shift for one reason, or another.

They're man made objects and sometimes a sticker gets through QC, or something just goes dwanky on us.

Chris

+1

Zebraguy136

Newly Enlightened
Ok Thanks guys!! another dumb question: so u don't think it has anything to do with the batteries then? :thinking:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You have flat top unprotected batteries, right? Look inside the head and see if there is enough protrusion with the contact area. Is there a spring or other contact that sticks out far enough to made contact with a flattop battery?

Bill

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually when a NW led go to a whitish and then blueish tint it's because it's being overdriven and burning through the coating layer. Sounds like the driver fried the emitter.

Zebraguy136

Newly Enlightened
You have flat top unprotected batteries, right? Look inside the head and see if there is enough protrusion with the contact area. Is there a spring or other contact that sticks out far enough to made contact with a flattop battery?

Bill

i believe there's plenty on contact I mean the light worked fine for months. Yes they are flat top.

TCY

Enlightened
Your batteries should be legit. Some of the 18650GAs I ordered have those stickers too. Sounds like overdriven faulty driver to me too but could be something else in the flashlight going bad. Email Zebralight for warranty, from what I experienced their CS is good.

Zebraguy136

Newly Enlightened
Your batteries should be legit. Some of the 18650GAs I ordered have those stickers too. Sounds like overdriven faulty driver to me too but could be something else in the flashlight going bad. Email Zebralight for warranty, from what I experienced their CS is good.

Good to know somebody has had a good experience with ZL's cs. I will do that. Thanks TCY!