Which V54 Light?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Ok I never set out to spend this much but im in a situation where I keep looking for more and more to avoid disappointment and Ive ended up at the cross roads of which light is the best!

Ok if spending between $500 - $700 what would you concider the best light, I really wanted Flood but im open to suggestion to Throw if the light is going to produce alot of spill

TK75vnQ70
RC40vnF

or

RC40vnT

If anyone has any videos or beam shots of these lights then please send me a link

Thanks

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I never set out to spend this much but im in a situation where I keep looking for more and more to avoid disappointment and Ive ended up at the cross roads of which light is the best!

Sigh! I'm hearing you! :D

I own none of those 3, so can't help, but it's a great question so I look forward to the input of others here. [emoji106]

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been asking this same question and Sir Ven accurately answered that it all depends on your application. There isnt one best light, they all serve different purposes. I've had my fill of small edc type lights so now I'm going for a big gun the rc40F to show off to my non-flashaholic friends and family and light up their large backyards when I visit, also serves as a charger for my stupid iPhone that dies before the night is over

ven

Flashaholic
I cant add to the several posts and many PM's :laughing: better for others to chime in, told you my thoughts and to the point, both will make you happy.
The rc will handle heat better, the q70 is more flexible with run time kits(providing you dont get the carrier mod)

As i am here, this will be my last bit as its repetative for everyone i am sure:crazy:
The T is the highest output thrower vinh does right now and will run happily at full tilt
The F is the highest output flooder vinh does(excluding the crazy 47's)
The q70 is a very nice flood package and 15k+ is more than enough output.

I cant pick one simply as they are all amazing, some just in slightly different ways.

Just get one bought, Q70 is a safe bet and $200 cheaper than the F, will be more than enough and what your used too, possibly ever!
If you want bright spill and very good throw the T
If you want very bright flood and very decent reach the F
If you want a more compact floody light, the Q70

I have absolutely no regrets with any i have, nothing i can add as you have to decide. People tend to prefer the one they have for the simple reason its the one they chose. Again there is no best, just lights that do a specific function better than another.

The head design of the rc is deeper and smaller diameter reflectors even though there is 6! its not as wide as the q70 design. The rc design does allow the F to reach out twice the kcd(does not mean twice the throw/distance!!!!)

Nut shell time............
For all round throw and spill, the T is the better, 20k output the F,with excellent reach/throw for this LED, for 15k of flood and enough output and more compact form the q70

Few last teaser pics

Now go buy yourself a beast! :p

Good luck and give impressions. If you get a tk75vnq70, you need 4 matching decent INR cells , i recommend 4x samsung 30Q from ecoluxshop on ebay, great guy, tell him ven sent you and he will look after you!

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Thanks ven for that excellent post. Very helpful. I would love to see some beam shots of the rc40vnf to see how far it can throw conpared to your t version. Just a quick question mate. On your T i know heat is not an issue but how long does the battery last. Is it useful in real life for charging your phone or is that unrealistic given the power these lights need to power them. Cheers!!!

ven

Flashaholic
Standard battery pack from Fenix is 6 cells and total 7800mah, sure its a 2s3p(2 series /3 parallel)so nominal V of 3.7 + 3.7= 7.4v and 7800mah divided by 3=2600mah per cell.

Vinh on the F version swaps for 2600mah sony vtc5 cells to aid output, on the T version your asking about, they are LG cells and 10a 3500mah.

So 3500mah x 3= total of 10500mah, 30% rough increase in run time over standard pack. When using the USB as a power bank you will have 21,000mah now over the standard packs 15600mah.

Its good for 1.5a to charge with.............

Not got a clue how long it will last, someone will be able to work it out(have a google or search on here for the formula, but not sure what A its asking tbh.............not crazy anyway. I would say having 30% more mah and 25% more lumen over the standard, it would be pretty much similar to the standard specs............so around an hour maybe. Totally rough and keeping things simple here;)

The F reaches out around 200kcd which is very impressive for a flood monster light, the T is around 500kcd, so over double the intensity (not throw!). But a different light so not really a comparison tbh, different ingredients for a different application.

The provided charger rate is 3.5a, so can fully charge(the standard pack) by 3.5hrs apparently, so maybe add 30% time due to the extra capacity cells. You could always get a spare pack if you plan on extended uses, however imo there is more than enough juice in the tank, you dont need 100% power all the time, 50% is more than enough!

Welcome, glad of some help, thats what we do here on CPF:thumbsup:, All in it to help each other and learn as i do every day;) Things will fall into place over time and become the norm! Its a lot to take in at once, and in at the deep end too. Its a learning curve and hopefully you will find it interesting. Lot more intelligent folk on here than me, i just like to keep things simple/basic..............like me:p

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks ven for that excellent post. Very helpful. I would love to see some beam shots of the rc40vnf to see how far it can throw conpared to your t version. Just a quick question mate. On your T i know heat is not an issue but how long does the battery last. Is it useful in real life for charging your phone or is that unrealistic given the power these lights need to power them. Cheers!!!

go to skylumen.com and see vinh's beamshots video for these two lights. it's what made me order the F over the T - more useable light IMO.

ven

Flashaholic
I would have opted for an F but having the Q70 swayed me for the T. Love the T though, still very usable due to the bright spill and just love that huge hot spot . Both crackers , just make sure it's right for you or as some have done....get both ................and then buy more again!

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
go to skylumen.com and see vinh's beamshots video for these two lights. it's what made me order the F over the T - more useable light IMO.

Thanks I have already been on there and seen Vinhs videos. Problem is his back yard is small and doesn't show how far these lights can stretch. Id like to see them in a big open space to see how far they can throw!

Do you have any beam shots of the F? How far does it throw? Are u impressed with it?

I think sometimes the enjoyment is in finding the pros and cons and reading up on all these reviews, it makes it more fun when the light arrives and you know its just what you wanted. Have to be sure when your spending that kind of money!

ven

Flashaholic
Rest assured you will be impressed with either the T version or F version, if your not happy, vinh will actually take it back off you so its not even that difficult tbh. He is a pleasure and some to deal with.............however, it will be highly unlikely you will not be happy!!! If your not then look on the positive side, unless you spend £3k or more on a light(even then its not got that actual output, but does throw a lot further) , You can put the searching to bed :laughing:

It does take quite a bit for me to be impressed, the T really impressed me with the over all performance, by that i mean output/spill/throw/and the actual light itself is very high quality!

I dont think he has it yet, go on to the rc40 thread and ask a buyer there, many were also bought outside of CPF, one guy iirc bought 1 of each, then i am sure vinh said he ordered several of each more!!!! He was that impressed.............

For a S&R(search and rescue) the rc40vnT would be very good for the output and run time potential..............as long as you dont mind the weight and its not that bad, feels solid in hand.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Rest assured you will be impressed with either the T version or F version, if your not happy, vinh will actually take it back off you so its not even that difficult tbh. He is a pleasure and some to deal with.............however, it will be highly unlikely you will not be happy!!! If your not then look on the positive side, unless you spend £3k or more on a light(even then its not got that actual output, but does throw a lot further) , You can put the searching to bed :laughing:

It does take quite a bit for me to be impressed, the T really impressed me with the over all performance, by that i mean output/spill/throw/and the actual light itself is very high quality!

I dont think he has it yet, go on to the rc40 thread and ask a buyer there, many were also bought outside of CPF, one guy iirc bought 1 of each, then i am sure vinh said he ordered several of each more!!!! He was that impressed.............

For a S&R(search and rescue) the rc40vnT would be very good for the output and run time potential..............as long as you dont mind the weight and its not that bad, feels solid in hand.

Certainly don't mind the weight, I actually like big lights, I had a massive Maglight and I mean massive it was the biggest heaviest big black thing that had a charging ring on it and came with a charging holster and cliped into it to charge, it was black big and heavy and 10 years ago I thought it was the nuts! Its still about upstairs somewhere im sure. I must replace this with a similar type of light I really like the look of the rc40vnt for a house/home invasion light.

I have just been back onto sky lumen website and theres about 3 or 4 lights I want.
This is going to get expensive ! :naughty:

ven

Flashaholic
One at a time, enjoy each one for a while a it can take time/use to find out really whats for you. The drivervnx2 is great so safe there(have you read up on them here)

http://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-drivervnx-programmable-circuits

The light is big and black so good there

My advice is get the one, enjoy it, then after a bit decide on what application next as remember, the best light you have is the one you have with you. So after a beast, a nice EDC type light to carry on your person . Nice triple or quad, something that you can carry without too much of an issue, yet still light up your way as well as low enough to read a book(example of a low light requirement). Because night adapted eyes, 1lm can light up quite a bit!

Now if you get the rc40vnT, no real point in the k70vn, looking at 500kcd V 580kcd............you need binocs to tell reallly 1km away, one will be ever so slightly brighter and difficult to tell by eye. Better off getting something a little more flood biased if that is the one. If the UTvn, then yes a k70vn. For a great all round high output package, the k60vn or T6vn...............its endless and could go on forever tbh.

You need to get into some hosts and p60s, great way of experimenting with leds/tints and outputs, throw and flood and can be done cheaply. Try out a £20 solarforce LT2 and a £30 sportac nichia 219B triple, so for £50, the middle light(L2T)

Nice host, excellent drop in, in UK flashaholics do them, go for the 2 mode sportac, as 20% is enough for general uses at 160 OTF lumnes, you will love the colours from the hi cri nichias. CPF for 8% off voucher code. They are great to deal with too, quick and efficient...............