Can you ID me?

Dead_LED

Newly Enlightened
Downlight LED for a headboard. What am i?

Starting to close in on some kind of 8 SMD light, what is this form factor called? Anyone recommend on where to purchase?

Thanks!

-Dead_LED

W2axrF.png

lf-mark

Newly Enlightened
It'd help if you could carefully measure the individual LED chips. I'd imagine they're 5630s (5.6mm x 3.0mm) looking at their aspect ratio. The board of eight is probably custom-made for that application, but if you're handy with a soldering iron, you may be able to replace the failed two.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
h that looks fairly easy to mod/change. Measure the total diameter of board & check voltage. Ex: 24MM @ 12 volts? Then search that size to see what you can come up with. What is your goal? I will also tell you it looks like there isn't much thermal paste under it. Probably over heated. Get some Arctic Silver too.
You could even swap out the SMD leds if you are good with a iron. Those look like a Neutral tint from the pic. Maybe 4500 or 5500K?

Search terms that may help you:
PCB
LED EMITTER
STAR BOARD
SMD
??MM (size of that star the leds are mounted to)

Also search:
XPG QuadPod 4-Up
Luxen K High Power Led Array

Edit: I found something that could work. Looks like it is 24 Volts on a 48mm board. So you need to know what your light is. But this can give you a idea.
Search Fastech for 7 LED 1050LM 5000-7000K Led emitter

Last edited:

Dead_LED

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a bunch all! Found something pretty close that I think will work and some Arctic Silver as well. Pointers helpful.

Cheers & keep bright

-Dead_LED

h that looks fairly easy to mod/change. Measure the total diameter of board & check voltage. Ex: 24MM @ 12 volts? Then search that size to see what you can come up with. What is your goal? I will also tell you it looks like there isn't much thermal paste under it. Probably over heated. Get some Arctic Silver too.
You could even swap out the SMD leds if you are good with a iron. Those look like a Neutral tint from the pic. Maybe 4500 or 5500K?

Search terms that may help you:
PCB
LED EMITTER
STAR BOARD
SMD
??MM (size of that star the leds are mounted to)

Also search:
XPG QuadPod 4-Up
Luxen K High Power Led Array

Edit: I found something that could work. Looks like it is 24 Volts on a 48mm board. So you need to know what your light is. But this can give you a idea.
Search Fastech for 7 LED 1050LM 5000-7000K Led emitter

TexLite

Enlightened
If you have a way to measure voltage and current, looks like it'd be super easy to put a a high power single die LED in there, something like a Nichia, from the high-CRI NVSL219 product line. They're available for around $5 already mounted on star boards. The new XP-G3's are easier to get now in High CRI with a wide range of color temps, though the Nichia's are still easier to get in single quantity pre-mounted on boards.

ETA: The reason I suggested the single emitter swap is because I'm assuming the current LED's are all ran in parallel. I'm assuming a 4.5-5V power supply with the resistor dropping the output to the correct Vf. It'd be better to measure the Voltage at the board at minimum, and the specs from the wall power supply would help to narrow the suggestions even further.

Last edited: