Help for Maglite model

ChrisGu

Newly Enlightened
Hello. 3 years ago I found my father's Maglite 3 days ago and I don't know what batteries I need for it. He purchased it back in 2013 but he has not the package and don't remember what batteries he was using. He thinks it used 3 batteries. I tried to use powered d size recharchable but their body is same size as the barrel of flashlight. It has a number engraved on it C32831066. The inside is I think 1.1inches or so in diameter. Is it possible to find exactly what type of batteries is needs to work?

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
Others may correct me, but my recollection is that the "C" in the serial number means it takes C cells.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's a C light. A 4C is just a tad longer than a 3D.

In the center is a green and a black 3D. Left of the black 3D is a 4C.
The silver are 2D.
Left of the 4C is a blue and a black 2D.
Left of those is a 2C.

The "C" in the serial number means "C cell".

Last edited:

ChrisGu

Newly Enlightened
Bykfixer I suppose that you uploaded a photo but I cannot see it. So now I must check if it uses 3 or 4 c batteries. Thank you guys. Should I buy the powerex imedion c @ 5000mA ?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bykfixer I suppose that you uploaded a photo but I cannot see it. So now I must check if it uses 3 or 4 c batteries. Thank you guys. Should I buy the powerex imedion c @ 5000mA ?

Oops! Forgot to paste it. Fix'd.

If you only need it 'sometimes' and for short term use like putting out trash or perhaps walking the dog, eneloop aa's with C adapters will be fine.

If you are like, a night shift guy who uses it frequently yeah the powerex are a good idea.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you use the light frequently then yes C NiMH's are a great idea. That being said a regular pack of new Energizer C cells would be wise to have on hand say while your NiMH's charge.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the serial, it should take 3 C cells.

You can also run it on 3 AA's with a loose fitting spacer made out of a PVC pipe, some tubing or even some rolled up cardboard from a cereal box!

Last edited:

copfish

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I have one of those in my box of stuff I don't use/carry. They were high tech back in the day... Might be a good idea to try an LED kit and some rechargeable batteries and carry it again.