Search Light Recommendations

michaelkersch

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm new to your forum and grateful for any wisdom you can impart. I'm in need of a search light for an art installation out in the Nevada Desert. Of course I would like the most powerful tight columnar beam possible for the least buck. A 16" reflector would be ideal, but the space/cradle for the entire unit is about 19"w x 30"h. Is LED or Laser technology even considerable? Looking for this effect, see tto1.org I suppose humidity or dust (of which there is plenty in the desert) are necessary to see the beam which is my primary goal not to illuminate anything off in the distance - just need a vertically fixed column of light.

Thanks, Michael

ven

Flashaholic
Your in good hands Michael, FRITZ is your man...............now how many miles is it you want to see?

:welcome:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your in good hands Michael, FRITZ is your man...............now how many miles is it you want to see?
I am afraid he can't say, cause, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! ha
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your project. This is way out of my realm if you want to touch clouds.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast

:welcome:

I am afraid he can't say, cause, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! ha
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your project. This is way out of my realm if you want to touch clouds.

The sky isn't the limit! :naughty:

Oh common now guys, I just want to put the right light in the wrong hands. ;)

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh common now guys, I just want to put the right light in the wrong hands. ;)

Isnt that the job of USPS ?
They had a good go at losing one of my Maxabeams (actually thats not quite true, the tracking was perfect till it got on a plane, it then took about 8 weeks to turn up in Australia)