• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN40vn - Should T6vn be scared?!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TN40vn - High Output Thrower R

Factory Link Click Here
Video 1: The Build
Video 2: Conclusion & UI demonstration
Video 3: Night Video Beam Shot

Factory UI and features retained

$350
Spec 1 XHP35 HI 5000K (Brightest Hot Spot, Max Throw) Recommended

ANSI
Lumen: 6500
Lux: 390K
Throw: 1250m

$350
Spec 2 XHP35 HD 6000K (Larger Hot spot, Brighter Corona, Max Lumen)
ANSI
Lumen: 7500
Lux: 200K
Throw: 895m

$550
Spec 3 XHP70 HD 6000K Diffused Dome + DriverVNX2 (Highest floody output)

ANSI
Lumen:
Lux:
Throw:

$380
Spec
4 XHP35 HI 5000K + DriverVNX2 (This option does not come with a battery handle. Only the head is included. You will need a TN36UTvn/TN30vn handle to operate this light)
ANSI
Lumen: 8700
Lux: 500K
Throw: 1414m

+ $80 for TN30vn handle and modded carrier to be used with Spec 4

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
With all that work done vinh, what cost increase over the T6vn would it be, this may sway some on the light or not. If it's $150 more for another 50kcd as an example, then buyers might not bite! No kidding

My opinion on the standard light is not that high, not keen on the form tbh as the head looks fugly and bland(completely subjective I know). The pack is limited too, the cells will only be good for 4 or 5a no doubt and will sag pretty quick under load . You are right on

Thats is me though, sure many will differ....as a lot is subjective . Guess time=cost and what the improvements will be .

Last edited by a moderator:

NICSAK

Enlightened
With all that work done vinh, what cost increase over the T6vn would it be, this may sway some on the light or not. If it's $150 more for another 50kcd as an example, then buyers might not bite!

My opinion on the standard light is not that high, not keen on the form tbh as the head looks fugly and bland(completely subjective I know). The pack is limited too, the cells will only be good for 4 or 5a no doubt and will sag pretty quick under load .

Thats is me though, sure many will differ....as a lot is subjective . Guess time=cost and what the improvements will be .

+1

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you do any mods, can you please measure the lux and lumen in stock form? I read a review saying that the light is 432k lux and 4700 lumens. And this review is coming from a respectable reviewer.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Before you do any mods, can you please measure the lux and lumen in stock form? I read a review saying that the light is 432k lux and 4700 lumens. And this review is coming from a respectable reviewer.

Charging the original battery pack. Will measure right after

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selfbuilt measures 370kcd someone else measured 413kcd and Jonnymac measured 432kcd so lets just say stock is about 400kcd. Well see what vinh measures. This is exciting

Id say if we can get 525kcd or more it would be worth it regardles if the price is a little high. If not id go with t6vn

Last edited:

ProCharger

Enlightened
I know this is a long shot....but is there any way to mod the battery carrier of a tn36 in order to get the correct voltage for this light? I would buy another thrunite flavored light for a donation carrier to use in a tn40 if it is possible.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, the T6vn is the perfect large light. It seams smaller than it is and is so comfortable to hold. Of course it handles heat like a champ.

Lights that outperform the T6vn pay a high price in weight and bulk. (plus there is the wheel kit to buy).
😉

Only one nitpick; it doesn't lock out.

Last edited:

drummer132132

Enlightened
Well...guess I'll wait and hope Fenix updates their TK75 to xpl in 2017...unless vinh magically pulls a rabbit out of his hat and can get 500kcd+ like Alex said.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel its possible. He only needs to add 100-150kcd more then it is stock. Xpl pdt plus refocus might make it 450-500 kcd alone with no current bump. Remember dedomed xpl still beats xph hi with the flat dome. The flat dome still reduces lux somewhat compared to full dedome

drummer132132

Enlightened
Sounds like if he went an RC40vn route we'd hit the mark. Drivervnx2 with xpl PDT and replace stock proprietary batteries with LG 3500 mAh or vtc5 and there we go. Only thing is that it would be quite expensive but nice at the same time. Not sure if the proprietary battery change is feasible but if it can be done on the RC40vn then probably here too?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
this light would need a vn driver for me to purchase. i dont see why i would choose this light over the tm16gtvn or t6vn even if it did surpass them in throw and lumen.
the single click to turbo is the main attraction for me. although, the stock ui for the tn40vn has quick access to low and last mode memory, turbo cannot be memorized, and only access thru double clicking.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I measured Stock TN40vn
4800 Lumen
323K Lux

Selfbuilt Got 370K
Johnnymac measured 432K

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, talk about a variation in performance. does your also have the driver spring "pre-modded" like johnnymac's?

edit: the flashlight companies are on to you!!! selling you the runts of the litter!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
wow, talk about a variation in performance. does your also have the driver spring "pre-modded" like johnnymac's?

edit: the flashlight companies are on to you!!! selling you the runts of the litter!

My lux numbers might be low too but its relative to my lights.