Angryfox        
Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2613

Thread: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Default Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Very nice patina Mine has darkned quite a bit too but since I don´t carry it regulary the edges are as dark as the rest of the light. I guess I will carry it now all the time to archive that look. Although I am thinking about forcing a blue/green patina.....

Eric
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

The copper patina looks awesome but that lonely brass 219c amber at the OR site is calling you, <typer your name here>!
    Last edited by xdayv; 06-15-2017 at 03:48 AM.
    Dave
    "two is one, one is none... three or more is fun."

Here's the Patina on mine

Update

Everyone is built, tested and ready to go. Shipping soon with Monday ETA to most US addresses. Please let us know if you don't receive the following in the next 24 hours:

1) tracking
    2) combined ship refund (if applicable)

More stock will post at 4pm today PST, including all three models
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Update

We are closing next week for the remainder of June. More satin, brass, and copper posted. This is the last weekend to order until July:

http://www.oveready.com/b-o-s-s-/cat_93.html
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    24W would be 80%, so level 32.
    2719.38 Lumens.
    Are those Nichia numbers or XPL numbers? I missed the Nichia chart

Quote Originally Posted by K2-bk-bl-rd View Post
    I actually a Boss 35 Patina 219b from the second drop, for the reasons stated, but the tint ended up being cooler and greenish (not the lovely rosey tint) so not all 219b's have the beautiful tint! It might have just been my particular light. I have to say the 219C 4000k LED's have a very nice tint!
    the 219a was more rosey. the 219b is more beige to yellow. if you really want rosey you want the dimmer 219a.

There are 5700k 219C that have higher CRI than most 219b

Buttrock Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Update

We are closing next week for the remainder of June. More satin, brass, and copper posted. This is the last weekend to order until July:

http://www.oveready.com/b-o-s-s-/cat_93.html

Finally, after months of trying and failing, I for got the Boss35 SS R33 I've been hunting!! Even weirder, I managed to pick up a Boss70-SS A33 from the last offering (the last one) even though I wanted red. Hey, a bird in hand. Figures I would nab it the day before vacation starts, but hey, what's bad luck for. My chemo has been going well, so chalk this one up to motivation. Thanks Oveready, you guys are the best!!!

Oh geez, is that my PP bill?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
    Finally, after months of trying and failing, I for got the Boss35 SS R33 I've been hunting!! Even weirder, I managed to pick up a Boss70-SS A33 from the last offering (the last one) even though I wanted red. Hey, a bird in hand. Figures I would nab it the day before vacation starts, but hey, what's bad luck for. My chemo has been going well, so chalk this one up to motivation. Thanks Oveready, you guys are the best!!!

Oh geez, is that my PP bill?!?
    You deserve it, enjoy the BOSS(es)! More than that, great to hear your health is doing well.

Happy Father's Day to all!
    Dave
    "two is one, one is none... three or more is fun."

Flashaholic

Update

Enjoy the well-deserved time off. I bet things have been pretty hectic the last several months with all of the releases.

Thanks guys!

We are pretty worn out and looking forward to some R&R but there is one more ship before we leave, so weekend orders are going out soon
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

it seems they've actually been able to keep some boss lights in inventory for a little while now. i wonder if what seemed to be a higher amount of "catch and release" after the brass/copper drop has caused the demand to go down any. someone posts pics of their light, then boom, its in a WTS or up on FB for sale the next day.

Really liking this light. Took all of the weak points from the E2e (which I loved) and made them even better. Progammability, 18mm cells without compromising body thickness, etc. Very nice light. Glad they chose Aluminium over Ti as the threads are butter smooth and weight is down quite a bit.

Side by side pic

nice looking light. im almost tempted to give the satin a try seeing as how they've stayed in stock for so long. at around 200 bucks cheaper than the copper/brass drop it seems like a bargain.

I'd prefer smooth black ano but I would love to get a HI CRI model someday. Expensive dental work holding me back but someday...

Anyone ever pull their boss out , click the switch & get no response? Gotta tap or shake it, then it lights up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    Anyone ever pull their boss out , click the switch & get no response? Gotta tap or shake it, then it lights up.
    Sometimes when I'm trying to enter programming mode, the red won't light even though I've pressed the switch. Not quite the same, but I know what you're talking about. My P2X Fury has the same issue where sometimes if I click the switch it won't turn on and I have to give it a light smack.

Hopefully, that's the switch rather than the driver. I'd pop another in, but you might want to leave it to the Pros.
    P

Lol. Only thing I know about "pop another" involves beer, not switches.

Maybe I'll grab the body off the other 35 that hasn't seen the light of day.

Good idea, it'd stop you worrying.
    P

Maybe I'll grab the body off the other 35 that hasn't seen the light of day.
    Let me know if its the switch or not, we'll get you fixed up either way!
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Let me know if its the switch or not, we'll get you fixed up either way!
    Awesome! Thanks.

What about a laptop battery in a Boss 70? I have some Sony EnergyTec ST6 18650s but I'm not sure of the mah.

Information

We tend to do things our own way. This leads to the extraordinary but also leads to confusion when its wholly different from previous approaches. Todays example: the engineered gap of 0.010", between the BOSS head and body.

Batteries have two poles/ends, driving electricity to the LED. Positive goes up through the spring/contact. Just about all lights rely on the body to conduct negative up around the cell and back to the head. Many designs use the head/body threads for the final connection. It's already there and works out of the box, but over time contaminants clog up the threads, blocking the power, interrupting, or cutting off power. Cleaning the threads fixes the problem but your light is unreliable in the mean time.

BOSS (and previous TorchLAB designs including Moddoolar) also conduct negative through the body. However, instead of going through the threads, power is directed to a dedicated and protected contact ring inside the head*. The threads can get as dirty as tar with the worst non conducting lubricant, and as long as the top of the battery tube reaches the contact ring, it will turn on. Ensuring this ring is always in reach requires a certain amount of offset with the body (the gap).

*this is the outside ring shown on the left:
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 06-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Information

We tend to do things our own way. This leads to the extraordinary but also leads to confusion when its wholly different from previous approaches. Todays example: the engineered gap of 0.010", between the BOSS head and body.

Batteries have two poles/ends, driving electricity to the LED. Positive goes up through the spring/contact. Just about all lights rely on the body to conduct negative up around the cell and back to the head. Many designs use the head/body threads for the final connection. It's already there and works out of the box, but over time contaminants clog up the threads, blocking the power, interrupting, or cutting off power. Cleaning the threads fixes the problem but your light is unreliable in the mean time.

BOSS (and previous TorchLAB designs including Moddoolar) also conduct negative through the body. However, instead of going through the threads, power is directed to a dedicated and protected contact ring inside the head*. The threads can get as dirty as tar with the worst non conducting lubricant, and as long as the top of the battery tube reaches the contact ring, it will turn on. Ensuring this ring is always in reach requires a certain amount of offset with the body (the gap).

*this is the outside ring shown on the left:
    E'guru, please correct me if I'm wrong. It's been my understanding that most lights rely on contact between the bare top edge of the body to the driver and the bare bottom edge of the body to the retaining ring of the switch for conduction, not so much the threads (on the side) themselves.
    You and others like you might be the reason lights aren't better made. Buying new flashlights like others devoutly buying the next generation of smartphones, are you pushing innovation or just consumption? Wider head for even more throw. Wow. That's new.

Default v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

A BOSS Copper HCRI in its natural habitat.
    Last edited by flashlight nut; 07-09-2017 at 05:00 PM.

im able to completly unscrew the head of my light with it turned on. power stays on until theres nothing but air between the head and body. it seems that the negative contact ring comes in direct contact with the head. so if the spring touches the cell, light comes on with the slightest contact between body and head.

edit- im not implying that the gap is unintentional; just wondering out loud if its necessary
    Last edited by tab665; 06-20-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 06-21-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Page 77 of 88 FirstFirst ... 276770717273747576777879808182838487 ... LastLast