Imalent        
Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Default Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by grr View Post
    So next batch all in HA? im looking foward for patiana 70
    Quote Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
    Any idea when the next set will be available? I wanted to get the R33 LE, but by the time I got around to ordering it, only the A33 was left and now they are all gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    awesome!
    Although 18650 makes more sense for run times and output options, my heart is with the shorty 18350 for edc use................just love that form factor. Hopefully more patina options to come next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by egginator1 View Post
    Just a thought...for those of us who messed up and didn't get the combo package, maybe make extra 70 bodies on the next run....just sayin....rather, just pleading!! :-)
    Patina was faster but very labor intensive. We have a small followup batch planned in a few weeks but may not be able to continue offering it.

Combos were more popular than expected. The HA batch will have the same ratio. Future batches (next year) will have many more combos vs singles.

Red were more popular than expected. The HA boss batch will have a higher ratio of red.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Default v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    Didn't work for me, I'll update after I receive the strap wrenches.
    Sorry, let me explain again. BOSS is meant to stay closed/sealed under extreme cicumstances. It cannot generally be opened with hand strength alone. Heating the head makes it easier to open but tools may still be required.

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    In advance of my flashlight arriving I have created an account for programming but haven't used it yet.
    You may find our v5 master thread useful: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?403685

Section E includes steps for entering the 222 code

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrowned View Post
    Would it be possible to get a cap that fits on the BOSS body's, even if it's delrin, so that you could have another body w/batteries loaded and ready to swap? It would also keep the thread grease from collecting gunk.

Also, I noticed that the programmer seems to let me select level 31 on a single battery setup! Is this alright to try?

This makes me think of another question. With as advanced as these lights are, is there any way to tell battery voltage without removing the battery?
    I’ve considered it but the Moddoolar version has not been popular:

Perhaps there’s a way to make it more universal. Or make the loop simpler to reduce costs.

You can safely set any level you like. Boards are configured with ‘hard limits’ of level 28 for one cell. So 29, 30, 31 get ‘compressed’ down to 28.

To show per battery voltage, enter pin 111 (like 222 but faster). White flashes are whole volts and red/amber flashes are tenths of a volt. ••• •••••••• would be 3.8v
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-06-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post

To show per battery voltage, enter pin 111 (like 222 but faster). White flashes are whole volts and red/amber flashes are tenths of a volt. ••• •••••••• would be 3.8v
    This is such a handy feature, and used regularly; One would think that it should be mentioned on the website pages for the BOSS. Our Xtar charger that is used most of the time, briefly shows volts in the cell before charging begins, and it always agrees with the V5, as well as the times when V5 is double checked with a decent meter. To some, the battery check can also be used as a location beacon, although the low voltage cutoff is not in force (at least on earlier versions)

Also; When a person enters programming mode, the amber/red LED stays on constant but then blinks a multi-digit code indicating the version, that can be looked up to see details of the build and approximate date of manufacture (Assuming that element has been retained for the BOSS)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Also; When a person enters programming mode, the amber/red LED stays on constant but then blinks a multi-digit code indicating the version, that can be looked up to see details of the build and approximate date of manufacture (Assuming that element has been retained for the BOSS)
    Yes, The "serial numbers" are still shown and when checked on the LuxRC site actually show a lot of information and appear to show the production run as being for Oveready. Different numbers for R33 and A33.
    Auto

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    This is such a handy feature, and used regularly; One would think that it should be mentioned on the website pages for the BOSS. Our Xtar charger that is used most of the time, briefly shows volts in the cell before charging begins, and it always agrees with the V5, as well as the times when V5 is double checked with a decent meter. To some, the battery check can also be used as a location beacon, although the low voltage cutoff is not in force (at least on earlier versions)
    It is listed but not fully described:

1. Custom high effeciency boost driver and board
    2. Per cell battery voltage blink out (111 PIN)
    3. Serial number blink out with specs and firmware history (222 PIN)

Clearly whats needed is a user manual. I'll get started.

PS: great idea using PIN feedback as a beacon
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by autogiro View Post
    Just think of the sequence as follows:

. . _ . . _ . . ON

The dots are a short touch on the switch and the space is a one second rest. You might also say "tap tap, rest, tap tap, rest, tap tap, rest, click on to program. You'll know you are in program mode when the colored light is a dim constant on.

The dimmed colored light goes out when the light is programmed successfully.

Auto
    Thank you. Didn't see your reply earlier but its very helpful.
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

Patina was faster but very labor intensive. We have a small followup batch planned in a few weeks but may not be able to continue offering it.
    Does that mean there might not be a 219 batch with the patina finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Robe View Post
    Does that mean there might. It be a 219 batch with the patina finish?
    That would be great!

Don't make us poor people, even poorer! I would love a Boss 35 with Nichia 219 and patina finish.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

I’ve considered it but the Moddoolar version has not been popular:

Perhaps there’s a way to make it more universal. Or make the loop simpler to reduce costs.
    As far as body caps go, would they even need a loop? The BOSS bodies already have a pocket clip...
    Welcome to the Dark Side! Which just also happens to be the Light Side.

True! They just need some vertical grooves for grip.

Caps - if Oveready isn't planning on selling body / heads separately there won't be that much of a market for the BOSS caps. I know I'd buy one for sure (unless I was able to get a Patina 219B head by itself, then I would use that for a cap.

I've brought along some Samsung 30Q 18650 imrs as well as AW 18350 sets for this week. I've only run the BOSS on a single 18650 so far. I hate to say it, but I think that is "bright enough" (HERESY !!! ). Although I usually ran my Moddoolar and Wasp heads with 2 x 18350s.

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Caps - if Oveready isn't planning on selling body / heads separately there won't be that much of a market for the BOSS caps. I know I'd buy one for sure (unless I was able to get a Patina 219B head by itself, then I would use that for a cap.

I've brought along some Samsung 30Q 18650 imrs as well as AW 18350 sets for this week. I've only run the BOSS on a single 18650 so far. I hate to say it, but I think that is "bright enough" (HERESY !!! ). Although I usually ran my Moddoolar and Wasp heads with 2 x 18350s.
    Brightness, like beauty, is in the eye, and hand, of the beholder. When it's your light, you decide how bright is good enough.

Never let another man tell you how bright your light should be, or for how long it should shine.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Robe View Post
    Does that mean there might not be a 219 batch with the patina finish?
    We are working on a second Patina batch. Less than half the total size of the first batch but over a third should be 219B.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrowned View Post
    As far as body caps go, would they even need a loop? The BOSS bodies already have a pocket clip...
    Excellent point. Let me see what we can do.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Received my BOSS 35 today. Out-freakin'-standing!! Am happy.

Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

Flashaholic

You lucky guys. Mine is stuckin portland for two days despite 60 bucks for shipping. Express mail they said. The post is the same everywhere

Great photos!

Makes me unsure of red vs amber.

I got my Boss 70 today! Wow, such a unique looking light! It's my first "triple" light as well. Can't wait for dark! (which will be an hour earlier today)
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

I received my boss combo today and have my batteries charged and ready to rock. I'm really loving this light and can't wait to see it at night.

OR always pulls me back into the torch game (Darn you guys!) Glad I'm still on your Insider mailing list or else I would've missed the drop.

EG, any plans for an all brass version?

@ JWRitchie76
    Nice pics! The light is awesome, and so is the Inkosi!
    Welcome to the Dark Side! Which just also happens to be the Light Side.

We are working on a second Patina batch. Less than half the total size of the first batch but over a third should be 219B.
    Are there still plans for XPL Redome 4500k, Patina or HA?

Can i swap the optic lens? I wanna to install one with trits

Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    Can i swap the optic lens? I wanna to install one with trits
    It can, I'm just waiting on my trits

Can I call dibs now?! Just kidding. Sort of.

Not really. Dibs!

And because I've nothing else to do, I'd be interested in hearing why people chose Red or amber.
    Last edited by Robe; 11-07-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Shipping Update:

Set 6 is out the door. Only BOSS here is a dude needing non BOSS parts. Everyone else should have tracking by now. If you placed an order and still don't have tracking, drop us a note! Unless you have a yahoo.com or aol.com address, in which case check your spam box.

100+ lights, the largest release our history took a bit over 1 week to ship, created unnecessary friction for customers, and left us feeling and looking not unlike Forest Gump at the end of his run. Future releases will be limited to 50 per week and most will go out together at the end.

The next release will be in 3-6 weeks, consisting of 100% patina (the rest of the first batch), split between XPL HI/4000 and 219B 4500. The release after that (not yet scheduled) will consist of 100% 7075 HA (mostly black), mostly XPL redome 4500.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Will the 219b be available in HA?
    Is there a heat transfer/ thermal time step down difference between HA and pantina finish?
    Also, could someone comment about the different optic options?

Shipping Update:

Set 6 is out the door. Only BOSS here is a dude needing non BOSS parts. Everyone else should have tracking by now. If you placed an order and still don't have tracking, drop us a note! Unless you have a yahoo.com or aol.com address, in which case check your spam box.

100+ lights, the largest release our history took a bit over 1 week to ship, created unnecessary friction for customers, and left us feeling and looking not unlike Forest Gump at the end of his run. Future releases will be limited to 50 per week and most will go out together at the end.

The next release will be in 3-6 weeks, consisting of 100% patina (the rest of the first batch), split between XPL HI/4000 and 219B 4500. The release after that (not yet scheduled) will consist of 100% 7075 HA (mostly black), mostly XPL redome 4500.

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    Also, could someone comment about the different optic options?
    Check out this review..

http://flashlightguide.com/2016/09/m...e-wasp-optics/

Just placed an order for trit optics. Tks for the info

Do you able open the bezel with your bare hands or you use a tool such as Strap Wrench?
    Last edited by cclin; 11-08-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast