Maxpedition AGR/2
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Default Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    Do you able open the bezel with your bare hands or you use a tool such as Strap Wrench?
    Same question for me, I was unable to open with bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    Do you able open the bezel with your bare hands or you use a tool such as Strap Wrench?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    Same question for me, I was unable to open with bare hands.
    This may help from earlier in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Sorry, let me explain again. BOSS is meant to stay closed/sealed under extreme cicumstances. It cannot generally be opened with hand strength alone. Heating the head makes it easier to open but tools may still be required.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 11-08-2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: repaired quote

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrowned View Post
    @ JWRitchie76
    Nice pics! The light is awesome, and so is the Inkosi!
    Thanks bud! The light is awesome! OVEREADY killed it imo! Love my Inkosi too, probably my favorite knife ever custom or production.

I'm curious to hear what you guys have for programs for your lights? So far I have saved for my BOSS 35;

Amber 18350 edc - red amber, 10, 20, 27 no memory
    Dim 18350 edc - 5, 10, 20, 27 no memory
    Blast beacon - 31, 21, 12, amber beacon no memory
    CR123 edc - 5, 10, 15, 20 no memory
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

I set my BOSS 70 up as
    18650: 2, Red, 21, 28
    2 x 18350: 29, Strobe

1 cell - amber/red, 10, 21, 28
    2 cell - 3, 14, 24, 33

Have the same setup on both my BOSS and my V5 Triple and it's working pretty well for me.

Also use Hybrid Memory and battery stretch.

Love this light! Would definitely like to see it offered in alternative metals as well. Great job on the design guys.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed in another post, but I have a quick question about the Boss 70. First, I absolutely love it. I think it has potential to be my favorite flashlight ever.

The 18650 works/fits perfectly, but I attempted to put 2x IMR18350s and they don't seem to fit. They seem to be a bit too long and I can't get the head to screw on without having to apply a good bit of force. I was afraid I would break something, so I actually didn't get the head to screw on.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice?
    ...and He separated the light from darkness. Check out my lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been addressed in another post, but I have a quick question about the Boss 70. First, I absolutely love it. I think it has potential to be my favorite flashlight ever.

The 18650 works/fits perfectly, but I attempted to put 2x IMR18350s and they don't seem to fit. They seem to be a bit too long and I can't get the head to screw on without having to apply a good bit of force. I was afraid I would break something, so I actually didn't get the head to screw on.

Which cells are you using?

The AW imr18350 cells fit well into these lights.

Yes, there is some spring pressure to overcome, but nothing that should alarm you.

You might need to check to see that the battery bumper orings in the bottom of the body are fully seated.
    Something like a bic pen is an easy tool to use to give them a little push.

Let us know if you need any more assistance.

My two AW 18350s fit - it's tighter than the 18650...

Boss 70 out in industry.....

Last edited by nfetterly; 11-08-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Looking good! ^

Quote Originally Posted by samuraishot View Post
    EG, any plans for an all brass version?
    Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    Love this light! Would definitely like to see it offered in alternative metals as well. Great job on the design guys.
    BOSS is specifically optimized for making multiple metals and finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubebike View Post
    Can i swap the optic lens? I wanna to install one with trits
    BOSSs head is not easy enough to be casually opened but is desinged for swapping of optics and boards.

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    Will the 219b be available in HA?
    Is there a heat transfer/ thermal time step down difference between HA and pantina finish?
    Still working on the details for HA options.
    In theory, there shouldnt be a difference in thermal performance.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-08-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post

Sorry for the concern. Here are the standard battery positions for all configurations:

BOSS is a heavy duty instrument. BOSS 35 is optimized for 35mm 1x18350. BOSS 70 is optimized for 70mm 2x18350. The 18650 you started with is actually shorter than standard, with less pressure. Check that everything is in order inside, then push with the force needed to get it closed. It may be helpful to place the body tail down on a non-marring surface, then push the head down onto this.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Default v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Love this light, great service as well.
    With a few of my favorite CR123 lights

Last edited by XFlash; 11-08-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Out of curiosity, if enough of us who only got the 35 bodies we're interested in getting 70's, or vicevarsa, could a special run be done sometime in the future? (After the next batch, and the HA's, and whatever else you already have planned) Maybe if enough people comment to wanting one?

But Im just wondering, no pressure! You guys at OVEREADY have outdone yourselves
    Last edited by Megatrowned; 11-08-2016 at 10:55 PM.
    Welcome to the Dark Side! Which just also happens to be the Light Side.

I'd be in for a 70 body.

Can you guys that got your lights comment on the tint? I currently have an XPL V5 drop-in that has a pretty nice tint at ~4500k. I really want a patina finish and feel like I might have to take the plunge with the next release even though it is most likely going to be 4000k and not the re-dome 4500. I prefer neutral tint usually, the best tint on any light I own is my L-M-H 3 mode Nichia 219 Oveready triple (V4) drop-in powered C2. Anyone NOT like the tint, or is it great for everyone? Thanks!
    Last edited by Espionage Studio; 11-09-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Post 371 I posted beamshots , I may prefer the 4000k.

It's all subjective obviously. I personally prefer tint in the 4500 - 5000k range but the 4000k of the BOSS is pretty perfect to my eyes. I was expecting a little more warm but am pleased to find its not nearly as warm as I thought it would be.
    Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrowned View Post
    Out of curiosity, if enough of us who only got the 35 bodies we're interested in getting 70's, or vicevarsa, could a special run be done sometime in the future? (After the next batch, and the HA's, and whatever else you already have planned) Maybe if enough people comment to wanting one?

But Im just wondering, no pressure! You guys at OVEREADY have outdone yourselves
    A key part of the BOSS strategy is minimal extra parts. This gives advantages like special metals and finishes, but it also reduces our ability to stock extras. We tried to address this with the combo page but we 1) didn't make enough combos and 2) didn't make the lack of extra parts clear at launch. So plenty of guys leapt into single body configurations, expecting parts to be available as they are with Moddoolar.

So its not part of the plan to offer BOSS parts, but we'll do what we can to product extra bodies in future rounds.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-10-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by JWRitchie76 View Post
    It's all subjective obviously. I personally prefer tint in the 4500 - 5000k range but the 4000k of the BOSS is pretty perfect to my eyes. I was expecting a little more warm but am pleased to find its not nearly as warm as I thought it would be.
    Total agreement. I've used it extensively indoors (industrial) in the last two days & would have thought it more in the 4500K+ (maybe not 5000K). Wonderful tint.

Also - Patina finish is really nice, cannot say enough good things about it (or the Oveready folks for that matter...)
    Last edited by nfetterly; 11-09-2016 at 06:50 PM.

As a Retired photographer & very picky about tint, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it is-for example, you've heard its warm...and it is but when I point
    the light at a white object, it looks white without a notable over-warm cast or color. Of course, compared to my Tana-sourced 219B triples it does not render
    skin tones as accurately. A lot of folks are saying they like the tint... on top of everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage Studio View Post
    Can you guys that got your lights comment on the tint? I currently have an XPL V5 drop-in that has a pretty nice tint at ~4500k. I really want a patina finish and feel like I might have to take the plunge with the next release even though it is most likely going to be 4000k and not the re-dome 4500. I prefer neutral tint usually, the best tint on any light I own is my L-M-H 3 mode Nichia 219 Oveready triple (V4) drop-in powered C2. Anyone NOT like the tint, or is it great for everyone? Thanks!

YummyBacon!, thank you for that. That's the kind of description I was hoping for.

Excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Espionage Studio View Post
    YummyBacon!, thank you for that. That's the kind of description I was hoping for.

What kind of light are you using to light up your lights?

Led desk lamp. plugs into usb port.

Now you guys (lucky guys) have had some uses(real world stuff), what kind of outputs can you use for decent run times. I dont mean hours, but say 300lm for 30m(is it possible with heat/mass). How does it cope with 2000lm on the single cell? minute maybe.............maybe less. Just wondering what type of duration before stepping down or manually stepped down. I know its only for short uses anyway, so not critical. Just wondering what type of level can be sustained without it getting too toasty.

Cheers.............i know why cares with such an awesome looking little light But out of interest on a practical level that is all.

Board discussion moved to the board thread
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

just got my 70 today. it's awesome! would love to see one in copper

I received my BOSS 35 yesterday. I have been abstaining from buying lights unless one really catches my eye, aesthetically or functionally. The BOSS 35 in the patina finish did, along with the red led. (I have always regretted selling my Ra 85tr.) What an aesthetic work of art. The finish and form are outstanding- even more so in hand. An old-world feel of a light that may have been from my grandfather's day. On the other hand- technically advanced. I had the chance to program it today at lunchtime when I had to pay a couple of bills. It took me a few times to figure it out I have to admit, as my clicks were not quick enough, however, once I did it was pretty fascinating to see it work. Thank you Oveready for such a fantastic little light.

I have a question about the V5 board in the BOSS I just received. It seems that every once in a while when I turn it on, the red LED will come on, even if I do not have that programmed as a mode at all. And at least once, the red LED was at full brightness and flickering. I know it's not programming mode because it had been unused, and then it received a single click to turn on. Any ideas what might be causing this?

I did use the online programer to reset it to factory settings, and then back to my preferences. But it still has this behavior.
    Welcome to the Dark Side! Which just also happens to be the Light Side.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast