Olight - R50
Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Default Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    Nice but I need the hi res.
    How's this?: http://oveready.com/images/forums/bossdetails.jpg
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Amazing !

But we need more !

Did you purposefully ship the lights with the bounce turned off so us noobs would have to learn how to program our lights?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Did you purposefully ship the lights with the bounce turned off so us noobs would have to learn how to program our lights?

~ Chance
    My drop on was shipped with the bounce turned off... 🤔

Programming these lights is half the fun.

~ Chance
    No Chance, the reason that the bounce was turned off is so that you can hand the light to one of your friends and watch their expression when they shine the light against a white wall at close proximity at the highest level.
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    No Chance, the reason that the bounce was turned off is so that you can hand the light to one of your friends and watch their expression when they shine the light against a white wall at close proximity at the highest level.
    Haha!

dang, I just blinded myself ... can't find the post button now...
    Welcome to the Dark Side! Which just also happens to be the Light Side.

Hand my BOSS to a friend?! Oh, I don't think so.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrowned View Post
    Haha!

dang, I just blinded myself ... can't find the post button now...
    Yep! Last night while attempting to put the light into programming mode. I couldn't find anything for a few minutes.

~ Chance

Flashaholic*

Hand my BOSS to a friend?! Oh, I don't think so.

~ Chance

You know how to take care of your tools.

OR:Please make more of these! Video of the different LEDs and optics would be cool.

I know you said the Patina process was very labor intensive, will the cost for anodized lights be less? Please forgive me, I am not in the manufacturing industry. I am just trying to plan which light to get. Thanks.
    Promethean #46

Default v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

yes

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    I know you said the Patina process was very labor intensive, will the cost for anodized lights be less? Please forgive me, I am not in the manufacturing industry. I am just trying to plan which light to get. Thanks.
    Patina prices don't include their extra work so patina has more value.
    But that makes it harder to make more, so supplies may be less.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-14-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Man, I hope to score one from the next run. Come on 219!

I could finaly pick my 35 clicky abmer up from customs today. Really cool little critter

I like itīs programmability, especially through the screen. Although being able to do it without a screen has itīs advantages as well. Personally I would like to see more possibilities. The LuciDrv2 Tana uses in his mods has the possibility of two different user interfaces with 1-7 modes each. Itīs easier to switch between those two user interfaces than to give the BOSS a new programm (even if the video is already saved). The amber is a cool feature, also the custom signal which can be a double beacon (which I always wanted instead of a single flash beacon all the chinese lights use). I really like stonewash finish on titanium, but honestly I donīt think I would choose the patina again but rather wait for a HA (bk or nat.) finish. Anyway, I still think it is a very cool little light!

Eric
    Last edited by Eric242; 11-14-2016 at 01:19 PM.
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    I like itīs programmability, espacially through the screen. Although being able to do it without a screen has itīs advantages as well. Personally I would like to see more possibilities. The LuciDrv2 Tana uses in his mods has the possibility of two different user interfaces with 1-7 modes each. Itīs easier to switch between those two user interfaces than to give the BOSS a new programm (even if the video is already saved).
    I think it may be an issue with storage space. I'd definitely love to see the ability to use more modes though.

Hey Eric, I sent you a PM. I have been trying to find one of these, if you aren't happy with this one and want to try for a HA I am interested in buying one.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Good to encourage more use but this is more mundane. Bounce requires calibration that can change from light to light. We lack the time needed for each configuration.
    When you removed/edited the from my post, you changed the tone to an accusation/complaint. That was not my intent. It was a joke.

~ Chance, Who can now program his B.O.S.S.

When you removed/edited the from my post, you changed the tone to an accusation/complaint. That was not my intent. It was a joke.
    Sorry, missed it entirely. Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed!
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 11-14-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    Control the Dark™

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Now that is a line up Eric...............WOW .The BOSS can hold its own for sure

I could finaly pick my 35 clicky abmer up from customs today. Really cool little critter

.... but honestly I donīt think I would choose the patina again but rather wait for a HA (bk or nat.) finish.

Eric
    Sell it to me Eric, so that you can have funds for the HA versions. I'll do anything to help out a fellow CPF'er.
    In layman's terms, "theory" means an idea. However "scientific theory" is fact because it requires proof.

Are these still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileschoney View Post
    Hey Eric, I sent you a PM. I have been trying to find one of these, if you aren't happy with this one and want to try for a HA I am interested in buying one. Thanks.
    Sell it to me Eric, so that you can have funds for the HA versions. I'll do anything to help out a fellow CPF'er.
    Actually I am not going to sell the little BOSS (not interested in driving to customs again, also itīs questionable whether or not Iīd be able to snatch a HA light with the next wave) . A trade for a HA version within germany or the EU on the other hand might be something Iīd consider.

Btw., the clip is really great and I like the custom screws I programmed the light yesterday. At first I wasnīt able to get it into programming mode. Turns out I was too fast all the time. After I slowed down it worked just fine.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric242; 11-15-2016 at 03:31 AM.

They do appear to be really nice light and yes the clip and screws look great. I'm hoping to be able to grab one on the next batch, we shall see, I think there will now be lots of folks wanting to do the same thing. Congrats on getting one, I had the light in my cart and then talked myself out of it, oy.

And now you talked yourself back into it

Quote Originally Posted by msim View Post
    1 cell - amber/red, 10, 21, 28
    2 cell - 3, 14, 24, 33

Have the same setup on both my BOSS and my V5 Triple and it's working pretty well for me.

Also use Hybrid Memory and battery stretch.
    I've settled on moonlight red, 14, 22, 30 for my 2 cell BOSS70. Level 14 produces 20 lumens, Level 22 produces 481 lumens, Level 30 produces 2435 lumens.

I find this spacing to be logical to my eyes and allows for 4 distinct and useful outputs. Level 30 is only 70% of the maxiumum power yet produces an amazing 2435 lumens which won't decline as fast as the "almost ridiculous" 3498 lumens of the Afterburning level 33. (I did check out the Afterburning level first out of curiosity)

I also prefer Hybrid memory and have Battery Stretch and Li-ion protection modes turned on.
    Last edited by easilyled; 11-15-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Btw., the clip is really great and I like the custom screws I programmed the light yesterday. At first I wasnīt able to get it into programming mode. Turns out I was too fast all the time. After I slowed down it worked just fine.

Eric
    Anyone else thinking of a Michael Scott line from The Office?

~ Chance

Anyone else thinking of a Michael Scott line from The Office?

~ Chance
    Keep the Double Entendres going Chance.

I was late to the BOSS Party, so to type. I only became aware of them on the Saturday before the release. I had read about the WASP on many occasions, but just didn't want to spend the money due to being on a 4Sevens polished titanium quest. After reading the BOSS thread Saturday and Sunday, I decided to purchase an amber 70. I'm so pleased with the light that I informed my family it was The One that should not be sold if I'm not around to pass-on my collection. One of the reasons being;

My father passed away a year ago last summer. A few weeks back I received a totally unexpected check from the United States Air Force. It was for some back-pay due my father and apparently he had signed me up as the beneficiary. I offered the money to my mother, but she said to keep it. Since it was the last gift I'd received from Pa, I decided it should go to a family heirloom.

I think the patina finish will lend itself well to a light that will be passed from father to son, and so on. Oh, the check, it payed for the light.

Batteries not included.

~ Chance

Awesome CG ................love it, very cool idea and also fitting with the design..................you choose wisely sir Chance

I just joined candle power a couple weeks ago and missed the boat for the Boss. I would love to get my hands on a patina version but I don't sound alone. Since I was not around at launch I was wondering when the next release comes out, is it something that is going to sell out in minutes, so I have to check daily for the insider 62 or is it going to be practically impossible to get an order in? Thanks for any advice on getting one of these.

Thanks, ven.

~ CG

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast