SunwayLED        
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2016

Thread: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Default Re: v5 Triple BOSS Flashlight (Bright Output Small Size)

Quote Originally Posted by run4jc View Post
    This is the 35 XPL HI, 1 AW18350 high discharge IMR cell, level 31
    Hi run4jc

Just to let you know and counteract confusion for others:

For a single Li-Ion cell configuration (1x 18650 or 1x 18350) the limit is 17w at level 28.
    The NXS R1 programmer shows levels up to 31 (23w) for single Li-Ion cell configuration
    but they will be internally converted to 17w at level 28 when programmed.

See my question about the same thing here at post #221 and ElectronGuru's answer at the following post #222 (please read his answer completely).
    It is also mentioned in the upper right hand corner of the NXS R1 programming page.
    Last edited by Jonas; 02-17-2017 at 06:53 AM.

70 on high-

Nice pics, Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Hi run4jc

Just to let you know and counteract confusion for others:

For a single Li-Ion cell configuration (1x 18650 or 1x 18350) the limit is 17w at level 28.
    The NXS R1 programmer shows levels up to 31 (23w) for single Li-Ion cell configuration
    but they will be internally converted to 17w at level 28 when programmed.

See my question about the same thing here at post #221 and ElectronGuru's answer at the following post #222 (please read his answer completely).
    It is also mentioned in the upper right hand corner of the NXS R1 programming page.

Good deal - good info. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    I'm really looking forward to being able to (easily) change the optics on these. Does anyone have an ETA on an oveready tool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Dang. Maybe this confirms I'm weak! I sersiously can't seem to break the head loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by aZhu View Post
    You're not alone, mine is on super tight as well. Don't really want to buy strap wrenches. Wonder if there's another way to get them loose... someone mentioned turning on the light to high and let the head get hot first.
    Quote Originally Posted by YummyBacon! View Post
    Not on mine. Tight as heck. Same as 1st run. Unfortunate because my second drop Patina was easy to remove. On these, I'm afraid
    to damage the anodizing.
    Well shoot - I can't get it off my black 35 either - haven't checked my 70. Well, I like the narrow clear optic anyway!
    I can't get my 70 loose either. No worries - my arthritic old hands struggle anyway. I'll try using some grippy rubber or something to help me grip.
    Sorry guys. Tom's off this week but we'll reply again with new information.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Flashaholic*

Just as an FYI, my bezel ring came off pretty easily, changed the optics...and no, I'm not that strong. In the past though, I had good results with those cheap rubber lined gloves from home depot for hard to remove bezels. Just a thought.

Yeah my patina boss was easily opened but I've used those rubber "can opener" pads to good effect in other lights, adding heat from a heat gun when needed.

Kentucky... on a hill overlooking the Ohio River

I'd like to try this narrow frosted whenever I can get my head off straight.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    Yeah my patina boss was easily opened but I've used those rubber "can opener" pads to good effect in other lights, adding heat from a heat gun when needed.
    +1 on the heat. I don't know what lube OR uses but Nyogel for example tends to get quite viscous when cold. Just the warmth of your hand can loosen up the lube. Wish all a good luck to getting the bezel open!

Lesson learned, by the way, not for BOSS but another bezel I wanted to loosen the head on that was loctited. I put the head in a ziploc, put it in some boiling water for about 10 minutes, took it out, grabbed it with the rubber lined gloves...well, don't do that...the heat will leave a mess on the rubber lining, especially if they are cheap. There are heat resistant ones but mine weren't. They all cleaned up without any trace and with no damage, but was annoying cleaning up the mess

Maybe it's just stupid me but juuuuust in case someone else is thinking to try this.

Isnt she lovely

boss redo (1 of 2) by Thomas Clementi, on Flickr

boss redo (2 of 2) by Thomas Clementi, on Flickr

Very lovely indeed

New B.O.S.S. Flashlight,

With all these fuss and talk about this flashlight, I would just like to know about its lifespan capacity. I mean, would this be good for long term storage? Like, say, 10-20 years? I would like to use this as for emergency purpose only. If it is actually performing like it says, then I suppose this would be a good choice for me. I just have to know if it could last long enough and still perform in its optimum state.

She is lovely............... a work of art and simply put, the best new light for a long while imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    She is lovely............... a work of art and simply put, the best new light for a long while imo.
    Agreed!! Well done OR!
    ...and He separated the light from darkness. Check out my lights.

Quote Originally Posted by pryarch View Post
    New B.O.S.S. Flashlight,

With all these fuss and talk about this flashlight, I would just like to know about its lifespan capacity. I mean, would this be good for long term storage? Like, say, 10-20 years? I would like to use this as for emergency purpose only. If it is actually performing like it says, then I suppose this would be a good choice for me. I just have to know if it could last long enough and still perform in its optimum state.
    I believe with a little TLC, even in edc use a 10 year lifespan wouldn't be too hard to achieve. An o-ring on occasion? Maybe a switch and boot? All could be purchased now with your light and stored. If you're spending the money, get it and enjoy using it...

Update:

We have the best customers in the world and strive every day to be worthy of your love and respect.

A glitch during launch presented two different prices during the latest BOSS release. Some customers were charged the lower Patina price and some the current higher HA price with added AlTiN.

We are not comfortable asking customers who paid less to pay more now. We are also not comfortable charging customers two different prices. Therefore, all customers who paid more are receiving price adjustments (refunds), equal to the difference from the Patina price.

Those customers who volunteered more post-purchase should also now have refunds.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Quote Originally Posted by pryarch View Post
    New B.O.S.S. Flashlight,

If there was a light to stand the test of time and last a lifetime, like with HDS and malkoff type lights.............oveready is sure one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Update:

We have the best customers in the world and strive every day to be worthy of your love and respect.

A glitch during launch presented two different prices during the latest BOSS release. Some customers were charged the lower Patina price and some the current higher HA price with added AlTiN.

We are not comfortable asking customers who paid less to pay more now. We are also not comfortable charging customers two different prices. Therefore, all customers who paid more are receiving price adjustments (refunds), equal to the difference from the Patina price.

Those customers who volunteered more post-purchase should also now have refunds.
    Oveready's integrity has been the company's foundation from day one. This is an extremely noble
    gesture, even though it is not necessary, but understood.
    Last edited by flashlight nut; 02-19-2017 at 03:08 PM.

The Boss 70 and The Boss

^^^Notice the tennis shoe in the background... really makes the pic!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Update:

This is unbelievable. You are looking at a possible $4,000 loss here and I'm not comfortable with you suffering that loss because of a web store glitch. Please don't send me a refund.

On the afternoon of the release I pointed out there was a $40.00 difference between the price I saw on the Oveready site and what I was charged. When my order arrived, I discovered you had thrown in $22.00 worth of extra batteries because of the confusion. This was totally unexpected and I certainly don't want the batteries plus a $40.00 refund. If you have already processed a refund, I would like to send a $40.00 contribution to the "Oveready Flashlight Development Fund". Thanks for running such a fabulous operation.
    barry

Oh jeez! I did't even realize I had been charged the lower price!

I just checked... I got a $4 refund from Oveready on 2-11. I will put that towards my 35!

Quote Originally Posted by tclementi1 View Post
    Isnt she lovely

boss redo (1 of 2) by Thomas Clementi, on Flickr

boss redo (2 of 2) by Thomas Clementi, on Flickr

You should be a hand model.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    I just checked... I got a $4 refund from Oveready on 2-11. I will put that towards my 35!
    Your almost there

What awesome customer service! Makes buying every light they make that much more justifiable

Quote Originally Posted by FortyCaliber View Post
    You should be a hand model.
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyCaliber View Post

Haha yeah right lol, im too italian

So I "lost" my favorite light tonight, when I loaned my truck to a friend and forgot I had it in there. I'm relieved to know it's safe, but that means I will have to settle for using my Boss 70, for my night walk tonight.
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Quote Originally Posted by K2-bk-bl-rd View Post
    So I "lost" my favorite light tonight, when I loaned my truck to a friend and forgot I had it in there. I'm relieved to know it's safe, but that means I will have to settle for using my Boss 70, for my night walk tonight.
    I'm really feeling the pain

I'm loving the "1-1-1" voltage check feature. When using 18350 batteries, either 1x or 2x, runtime can be somewhat short... So it's nice to have a voltage meter built into the light so we can check our capacity on the go.
    Last edited by JohnSmith; 02-20-2017 at 09:55 PM.

I just tried it! Totally awesome having the main emitters read the whole numbers & secondary the fractions-great programming LUX-RC/OR

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    I'm loving the "1-1-1" voltage check feature. When using 18350 batteries, either 1x or 2x, runtime can be somewhat short... So it's nice to have a voltage meter built into the light so we can check our capacity on the go.

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061626366 ... LastLast