Trying to source 219b reel

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the title says, I cannot for the life of me source a reel of 219b LEDs! I have some projects ahead of me and need a bulk amount and price. Any help is appreciated, thanks all.
-Fritz

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I will check with Nichia regarding minimum quantity required before purchases can be made and pricing - there are two variants of 219B, though - NVSW219B and NVSL219B.

Let me know how you like those LEDs done; color temperatures and CRI. Therefore, I will see what I can do.

TexLite

Enlightened
I will check with Nichia regarding minimum quantity required before purchases can be made and pricing - there are two variants of 219B, though - NVSW219B and NVSL219B.

Let me know how you like those LEDs done; color temperatures and CRI. Therefore, I will see what I can do.

I thought the NVSL219B had been unavailable since it was superceded by the NVSW219C?

Are they still available from Nichia?

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I thought the NVSL219B had been unavailable since it was superceded by the NVSW219C?

Are they still available from Nichia?

Nichia is still selling those LEDs, as there're demands for those 219B series. And, the LEDs haven't been removed from their catalog page yet, so there's good reason they're not going to sell out yet.

And, FRITZHID, 4,000 Kelvins, 92 CRI 219B LED, correct?

EDITED: Asked them. I will have to wait and see what they have to say. I also asked them where to buy from third party reseller (although I may opt to buy some from Nichia as it's much cheaper to get it from Nichia, as far as my experience goes).

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
That may take a bit. Curious, what are you going to use those LEDs in? If it's a secret, I think I will hold off on that question.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, no secret...
I'm moving to my inherited house in northern WI and I'm building all LED lighting for it, as well as solar UPS and genny back-up. Want best color rendition I can get.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I am asking the third-party reseller which you may have better luck buying from (as I occasionally get nervous handling ~500 - 1,000 bucks from other peoples so I can buy something for them), which Nichia referred me to, and I will let you know soon. Submitted the quotes.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Future Electronics don't have 92 CRI version just yet. I will have to wait a bit then I can give you some information.

EDITED: I should get quote soon.

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
I was told that only 70 CRI version is available right now. Want me to wait for 92 CRI version?

Enlightened
I didn't think it was a big problem to order... as long as you were/are willing to pay for something like at least 4000 of them.