COPPER INCLUDED! JetBeam / NITEYE Mini-1 key-chain style flashlight

StuGatz

Enlightened
copper, copper is finally here! Let's have a look and tip a beer! :laughing:

After a slight delay, Gear Challenge received (through regular channels, no review gift here) THREE VERSIONS of the JetBeam / NITEYE Mini-1 key-chain style flashlight. These are the Stainless Steel, Titanium, AND Copper versions of the flashlight. If you are already familiar with the JetBeam Mini-1 User Interface, operation, and integral micro-USB charge port feature (not to mention a comparison of Steve Ku's 38DD Flamed Titanium flashlight) and would prefer to jump ahead to see the new copper version of this flashlight, skip to 17:05 of this video. Yes, I know, the video became much longer that intended but it became such a very interesting little flashlight. :grin2: Otherwise follow along as we discover some of the features about the light design and perhaps some intrigue about the designs origins? :huh:

StuGatz

Enlightened
These are shameless copies of MecArmy's Illuminex lights.

As was mentioned in the video without the "shameless part of coure. Now don't forget to mention the possibility of the CooYoo SS and the Blackwater Kite. And as also mentioned, let's also not forget the possibility of a copy or "inspiration" from Steve Ku's 33DD? ;)

If we want to get into lineage, I prefer to be as objectively transparent as possible. :grin2:

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
As was mentioned in the video without the "shameless part of coure. Now don't forget to mention the possibility of the CooYoo SS and the Blackwater Kite. And as also mentioned, let's also not forget the possibility of a copy or "inspiration" from Steve Ku's 33DD? ;)

If we want to get into lineage, I prefer to be as objectively transparent as possible. :grin2:

Where could I learn more about the 33DD?

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Now in copper!!

I am really struggling to find this light in Ti. From researching I think the SS version weighs 17.2g and the Ti version 8.5g (both without battery installed).

I have found dozens of places trying to sell the SS version as Ti... Does anyone have the Ti version that could weigh it please, same with the SS version. Looking at jetbeam/niteye website, they don't list a Ti version.

Quite a few claim it is Ti but then go on to list the weight as 17.2g (the SS ones weight). This could just be poor copying of specs on their part but I'm not happy about getting the real deal.

Copper looks nice but with a keychain light it should be as light as possible, hence the Ti. Aluminium would be even better...

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Would you consider the TI version of the illumineX-1? It is similar looking and has TIR, decent runtime.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where could I learn more about the 33DD?

It's a 38DD, the first of this kind, then there was the 40DD and the 44DD all in titanium.
The number represented the millimeters.
Then Steve came out the stainless steel D2s.
There is also a 10180 battery case.
Just do a search here or pm me.
I have a few.
VELENO
38DD ti prototype (no trit) 10180
38DD ti (ice blue trit) 10180
38DD ti (blue trit) 10180
40DD ti sw (green trit) 10180
40DD ss bb (yellow trit) 10180
40DD da (ice blue trit) 10180
44DD ti prototype (no trit) 10220
44DD ti (green trit) 10220
QDD ti (green trit) 10180
QDD ss #077
0 (yellow trit) 10180
QDD ss #0172 (green trit) 10180
QDD ss #0422 (green trit) 10180
QD2 ss black (green trit) 10180
QD2 ss black (green trit) 10180
QD2 ss black (ice blue trit) 10180
QD2 ss black (no trit)10180
QD2 ss black (blue trit) 10180
QD2 ss (no trit) 10180
QD2 ss (ice blue trit) 10180
QD2 ss (green trit) 10180
QD2 ss (blue trit) 10180
QD2 ss (yellow trit) 10180
QD2 ss (green trit) 10180
QD2 ss (purple trit) 10180
QD2 ss (yellow trit) 10180
QD2 ss (ice blue trit) 10180

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
For some reason I am seeing a "Photo not found". I have searched the forum for QD2 and I've found a lot of threads with people showing off their lights and on the Veleno site it says it had been discontinued. Do people just sell theirs off in here? How much do the Ti QD2 go for?

StuGatz

Enlightened
Would you consider the TI version of the illumineX-1? It is similar looking and has TIR, decent runtime.

Although I am no "Techie Expert," the below video would be a start. Do a search for Steve Ku 38DD or 38 DD and you should be able to find his original prototype thread. I will post something about the few that I have soon. ;)

Good hunting!

Or the thread HERE.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are shameless copies of MecArmy's Illuminex lights.

This is a moot point. Before MecArmy there was CooYoo, and they all have the same exact emitter and internals. It's possible one factory manufactures these lights with slightly different external designs.

Last edited: