My Review: ThruNite TH20 Neutral White Headlamp [Video]

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
The only headlamp I like from ThruNite and one of the only ones I will keep in the tactical style. I prefer backpacking style headlamps from Petzl or Black Diamond for hiking, biking, camping and backpacking but this TH20 really impressed me. Here is my review.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Ben's reviews. He does a great job. Watched many of them on YouTube trying to get a feel of a particular light. As far as the ThruNite TH20 goes, I have seen the NW version be rather warm and the cool white a bit of greenish tint to it. I couldn't tell from the review how warm the tint was. It looked pretty decent but only white walling compared to others would one know what the actual tint comparison is. If you like warmish lights you might like this NW. I think the operation and price is pretty nice. The only risk that one should be aware of is whether they are tint snob (like me).

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
Nice job on the video, I subcribed and liked it. On Thrunite's site they say it weighs in at 96g without battery. Is that accurate as it seems kind of on the heavy side for an aa headlamp. If it's accurate then I guess the positive is it wont overheat as quickly as some lighter weight headlamps.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review. Thanks for sharing it.

One question: how do the ThruNite and Black Diamond headlamps compare in terms of waterproof/water resistance and drop rating?

On backpacking trip, and, to a lesser degree, a car camping adventure, rain can be a real problem. In camp, you can just hunker down. If you get caught on the trail, well, ... , let's just say you don't want your light(s) to fail.

Ask me how I know...

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
Nice review. Thanks for sharing it.

One question: how do the ThruNite and Black Diamond headlamps compare in terms of waterproof/water resistance and drop rating?

On backpacking trip, and, to a lesser degree, a car camping adventure, rain can be a real problem. In camp, you can just hunker down. If you get caught on the trail, well, ... , let's just say you don't want your light(s) to fail.

Ask me how I know...

Both IPX8. As far as dropping goes I'm sure the TH20 is 3M safe and with the light weight of the black diamond it would most likely survive as well. Now if they were to get run over id say the aircraft alum will stand a better chance.

livingsurvival

Newly Enlightened
I like Ben's reviews. He does a great job. Watched many of them on YouTube trying to get a feel of a particular light. As far as the ThruNite TH20 goes, I have seen the NW version be rather warm and the cool white a bit of greenish tint to it. I couldn't tell from the review how warm the tint was. It looked pretty decent but only white walling compared to others would one know what the actual tint comparison is. If you like warmish lights you might like this NW. I think the operation and price is pretty nice. The only risk that one should be aware of is whether they are tint snob (like me).

Yeah sorry I didn't do a tint comparison. I always miss something ;) I try to just show an average person perspective. The super gurus here can provide the crazy stats lol.