NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: What 2 X 18650 LED Lights Have The Best Throw?

Flashaholic*

Default What 2 X 18650 LED Lights Have The Best Throw?

As posted above, I am giving some thought to an LED flashlight that runs 2 x 18650s. I Am just wondering which ones have the greatest throw.

Default Re: What 2 X 18650 LED Lights Have The Best Throw?

MAXTOCH New 2X Dedomed XM-L2 U4 LED
    360-370kcd

Olight m3xs-ut would be a contender here.

Johan

Malkoff hound dog is pretty good.

Flashaholic CanadianSurvivalCompany's Avatar

The olight m3xs we received as a search light is.. stunning.
    Providing objective views on quality gear and tools
    Join us for our adventures!
    Instagram - Youtube - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Luminater View Post
    360-370kcd
    Yes sir, I own it and love it - for what it is, a 2X18650 that THROOOOOOOWS

Quote Originally Posted by jswe View Post
    Olight m3xs-ut would be a contender here.

Johan
    I have one. Pretty awesome. More throw than I'll ever need. 1000m to be exact (it would be helpful if people posted the actual numbers along with their suggestions).

M3XS-UT or at least my copy throws further than I can even see it is a 250k CD 2x18560 light and about as compact as you will ever get for such a thrower.

Basically a well driven LED with a large SMO deep reflector. The larger the reflector the better.

De-domed large foot print LED's like the XM-L2 or XP-L or the factory XP-L HI will offer more throw than normal domed lights.

XP-G2 can offer good throw too, but usually a narrower beam and less lumens than the above.

A de-domed XP-G2 will throw even further, but again a smaller lighter beam.

Not all of these will be off the shelf offerings.

The Olight M3XS-UT that people have mentioned is a good thrower for a stock light. They run XP-L HI in a large SMO reflector and are driven well.

I run mine on 2x18500 rather than 2x18650. As I don't need the ultimate in runtimes and it makes for a more compact package.
    I'm as much Magaholic as flashaholic

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    M3XS-UT or at least my copy throws further than I can even see it is a 250k CD 2x18560 light and about as compact as you will ever get for such a thrower.
    You need to use your binoculars.

It may be a bit vanilla but I have a Nitecore MH40GT that will hit low lying clouds. At least it lights up Palm Trees six blocks away like daylight. I read more than I post. It sounds like the MH40GT is Jr. League compaired to other throwers. But a nice light for a Newbie like me.

my eyesight is indeed pretty bad but wear very expensive glasses to correct. That being said even with my coke bottle glasses on even my M2X and SR52 UT throw further than I can see without my 1950's vintage binoculars

Crelant 7G5CS or 7G5MT already throws like a beast and concentrates the light even more with the aftermarket Collimator head.
    One clear lesson of September 11 is that individual civilians need to take responsibility for maximizing the probability that they will survive, should disaster strike.

I think you need 1000m to be in the club now. The above-mentioned Crelant 7g5cs is only rated at 521m throw.

Acebeam has the T20 = 1050m throw (haven't seen this reviewed).
    http://acebeam.com/tactical-flashlight-acebeam-t20

Olight M3XS-UT = 1000m throw.
    https://olightworld.com/store/specia...t-javelot.html

I'm not familiar with any other <1000m throw options in 2x18650 size from the bigger manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminater View Post
    360-370kcd
    I too think the Maxtoch 2X Shooter XM-L2 U4 dedome is the best 2 x 18650 thrower. (Factory light).

Quote Originally Posted by thejrod View Post
    I think you need 1000m to be in the club now. The above-mentioned Crelant 7g5cs is only rated at 521m throw.

Acebeam has the T20 = 1050m throw (haven't seen this reviewed).
    http://acebeam.com/tactical-flashlight-acebeam-t20

Olight M3XS-UT = 1000m throw.
    https://olightworld.com/store/specia...t-javelot.html

I'm not familiar with any other <1000m throw options in 2x18650 size from the bigger manufacturers.
    Yikes, now I feel like selling mine! LOL
    One clear lesson of September 11 is that individual civilians need to take responsibility for maximizing the probability that they will survive, should disaster strike.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by cmd View Post
    Yes sir, I own it and love it - for what it is, a 2X18650 that THROOOOOOOWS

I have just received this light together with the dedicated 18650 batteries and I want to charge them so as to be ready when night come.If you have those batteries,do you know at what current should I charge them,as my Liito Kala 500,allows me to choose between 500,700 and 1000mAh?

Flashaholic

I have just received this light together with the dedicated 18650 batteries and I want to charge them so as to be ready when night come.If you have those batteries,do you know at what current should I charge them,as my Liito Kala 500,allows me to choose between 500,700 and 1000mAh?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore41 View Post
    I have an Intellicharger I4 and just let it do its thing to charge the 18650s up to "full". You may want to check out the Batteries section for comprehensive advice.

Flashaholic

Thank you very much.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore41 View Post
    It's a good idea to read through the stickies in the Batteries section, but it you should have no trouble charging on any of the currents on your Lii500.

A recommended charge rate (1C) is proportional to your battery capacity so if your batteries are 2000mAh you can safely charge them at 2 amps, if they are 3000mAh you can charge them at 3 amps. Your charger doesn't approach these rates so you should be fine (assuming your battery capacity is more than 1000mAh).

I have an i4 too and it it can take a while at its 500mAh charge rate to charge an 18650 3500mAh battery, you just have to wait.

I also have a hobby charger that I charge other batteries at 2C or 3C (up to around 5 amps) but those batteries are built to take that amount of charge.

The Lii100 I have can charge at 1 amp, which is the setting I use for my 18650s when I use it. They are 3000mAh and 3500mAh batteries.

It is always a good idea to check your batteries while charging - if they are getting more than slightly warm you may be charging them too fast or they may be defective. Best to use quality batteries from a known manufacturer such as Panasonic or Samsung, to name but two. Check out the Batteries section!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Led Astray View Post
    It's a good idea to read through the stickies in the Batteries section, but it you should have no trouble charging on any of the currents on your Lii500.

A recommended charge rate (1C) is proportional to your battery capacity so if your batteries are 2000mAh you can safely charge them at 2 amps, if they are 3000mAh you can charge them at 3 amps. Your charger doesn't approach these rates so you should be fine (assuming your battery capacity is more than 1000mAh).

I have an i4 too and it it can take a while at its 500mAh charge rate to charge an 18650 3500mAh battery, you just have to wait.

I also have a hobby charger that I charge other batteries at 2C or 3C (up to around 5 amps) but those batteries are built to take that amount of charge.

The Lii100 I have can charge at 1 amp, which is the setting I use for my 18650s when I use it. They are 3000mAh and 3500mAh batteries.

It is always a good idea to check your batteries while charging - if they are getting more than slightly warm you may be charging them too fast or they may be defective. Best to use quality batteries from a known manufacturer such as Panasonic or Samsung, to name but two. Check out the Batteries section!
    Thank you very much Led Astray.
    The batteries are 3400mAh and during charging,they are cool.Any way,I put a 220V 12cm diam. fan below the Liito Kala 500 and so, I keep it cool as well.