• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Muyshondt MOKUME Aeon MkIII PROTOTYPE

dbla

Newly Enlightened
The time has come to pass on my MkIII Mokume Prototype. I got this directly from Enrique and have carried it, a lot... There are various hairline carry marks on the body, that would polish out or be hidden by the patina, otherwise the light is in excellent condition. I recently polished it back from a dark patina so it's ready for you to make your own marks on it.

The Prototypes are clipless, and have a Turbo (220 lumen) mode that did not make it to production, to my knowledge this is the ONLY Mokume prototype. The light is marked Proto.

The production versions of the opus were selling for around $1500, I'm asking $1000 + PP fees, for this prototype... I would entertain trades of WATCHES only... Feel free to PM me with additional questions, I'll add better/additional pictures in the morning.

5AQzl3I.jpg

23tGKlg.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Hi dbla, as long as there aren't any major dings or dents on it, and it's located in the states, I'll take it. If it meets these conditions, please PM your Paypal info. Would like tracking and full insurance and am happy to send a little extra to cover that.

dbla

Newly Enlightened
Hi dbla, as long as there aren't any major dings or dents on it, and it's located in the states, I'll take it. If it meets these conditions, please PM your Paypal info. Would like tracking and full insurance and am happy to send a little extra to cover that.

Sure, shoot me a PM, and I'll send you some more pics (didn't get a chance to take them yesterday). If they're to your liking it's yours.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks, eggie! Been wanting one and missed out on the sales of the MG (although I got a copper) and really like the proto and 220 high features.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, eggie! Been wanting one and missed out on the sales of the MG (although I got a copper) and really like the proto and 220 high features.
And no pocket clip. :)

Congratulation, great score.
I can't wait to see t.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
And no pocket clip. :)

Congratulation, great score.
I can't wait to see t.

Right, you know me well. :) I'd rather not have any holes drilled in that beautiful MG, especially in such a small light.

And besides, it's gonna be a spoiled shelf queen. No need for anything as utilitarian as a pocket clip in a light that's going to be so pampered. It's going to be sitting on a gold embroidered silk pillow with a glass of Dom Perignon champagne sitting next to it. :)

I'll be sure to bring it on our next meet up.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
It'll be sitting next to my only other MG light, a one of a kind Photon Fanatic mokume gane CR2 size light. Shown next to a Tain Ottavino 10280 Damascus.

Note the CR2 light is etched and not polished.
And a shot with two of my more fanciful knives and flashlights:

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
These are my few bronze or bronze alloy lights. I have lots of copper and brass lights but not many pure bronze or alumi-bronze.

From L to R:

Rare Mac alumi-bronze, PF etched MG CR2, Muyshondt Ion alumi-bronze CR2, and the rare Art Steigerwald "Captain Nemo" light, also known as "The Sphere" in AA/10440 format.

Last edited:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
The patina on that Ion is gorgeous, magellan. I just love bronze - the red warmth of copper with a much nicer tarnish. Congrats on the MG Aeon prototype - it's a wonderful looking light!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, you know me well. :) I'd rather not have any holes drilled in that beautiful MG, especially in such a small light.

And besides, it's gonna be a spoiled shelf queen. No need for anything as utilitarian as a pocket clip in a light that's going to be so pampered. It's going to be sitting on a gold embroidered silk pillow with a glass of Dom Perignon champagne sitting next to it. :)

Haha this post made my day. Congrats are definitely in order here!