Best price? Cooyoo / Mecarmy / other micro USB mini lights

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mecarmy illuminex-4 AL and I am wondering what other similar offerings there are that members on the forums feel are high quality. However more importantly I would like to ask where the best prices can be found for these. I keep seeing people talk about buying Cooyoo for $5-10 but I can't find any deals like that.

Thanks in advance guys!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's the CooYoo for $24 shipped from GearBest.

There's also the DQG Fairy for $19ish, from GB, as well.

Chris

Last edited:

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the recommendation, are you aware of any others, I'm curious to see how much the quality varies, and of course the design :]

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the recommendation, are you aware of any others, I'm curious to see how much the quality varies, and of course the design :]

Niteye Mini 1 is similar to the CooYoo and probably of the same-ish quality. Battery Junction has it under 'keychain light.'

DQG does have a number of smaller lights and people have been quite happy with them.

MBI (MatchBox Instruments) makes some smaller lights, but they're always out of stock.

Chris

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered a Niteye and receive it tomorrow! Thank you for the suggestion

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ordered a Niteye and receive it tomorrow! Thank you for the suggestion

Cool. They're fun little lights as long as your expectations aren't too high and you don't compare them to bigger lights with larger cells.

We probably won't get too long a life out of the cells, but they're cheap enough to replace.

Post up a picture when you get it.

Chris

bartonjd

Newly Enlightened
Life as in recharge cycles? I've also ordered the Nitecore TIP for situations where the smaller light doesn't cut it. I will definitely post photos!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Life as in recharge cycles? I've also ordered the Nitecore TIP for situations where the smaller light doesn't cut it. I will definitely post photos!

Yeah, cycles and just time, which is the also a killer of li-ions. They're not made by the more well known li-ion makers, so don't expect them to last as long, I guess is my point?

Enjoy.

Chris

Latest posts