Foxfury Scout        

Thread: Storm Clouds building

Flashaholic

Default Storm Clouds building

Storm clouds are moving over the Jacksonville, FL area tonight. I'll top off my AA NiMH batteries tomorrow that I use in my Haiku's. When Wilma in '05 hit, I had power until after the storm had passed, then lost power for three days.

I know a few Haiku owners in Gainesville, FL that might get a chance to use them soon in earnest.

Good luck there in Maui.

Default Re: Storm Clouds building

Stay safe down there.

I would also have a solar charging rig or car charging capabilities. I am sure you do. Good luck, it looks like it may just be a strong tropical storm. Which can bring tons of water if it moves slow. As you know.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

I initially clicked on this thread thinking it was about the two hurricanes we're facing this week in Hawaii since Don lives on Maui http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/categor...rricane-center . Luckily Madeline wasn't too bad. Hopefully Lester stays on its path towards the NW
    Cheers from the McGizmo state.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    I would also have a solar charging rig or car charging capabilities. I am sure you do. Good luck, it looks like it may just be a strong tropical storm. Which can bring tons of water if it moves slow. As you know.
    I do have a solar panel, have never really tried it out; after a storm you tend to have more wind than sun though. Do have a boatload of primary AA's as a backup.

Hope the islands get some rain but no damage. We could use the rain in NE Florida. We are about a foot low in rain for the year as of August.

Had one outer band pass through. Got dark and quiet. No rain here though. Sort of like a solar eclipse. Guess it will be five more hours before the weather gets heavy.

Flashaholic

Power remained on all night. No damage here at my place in Jacksonville. I am sure the distance between here and the eye of the storm made the difference. Still have two more months of storm season. Wilma didn't hit until October.

Flashaholic*

Lost power at 12:20 last night just east of Tallahassee. Hopefully it'll be back up sometime today.

I'm just south of Jacksonville in northern St Johns county. Lost power for a few hours but no damage issues around the house. 🏻

Put the Torchlab v5 to work last night checking the roof and property a few times last night and early this morning after high wind periods and a few bumps from flying objects in the night.

Flashaholic

From what I can find on the internet Lester is passing north of the islands. Close enough for some island excitement I guess.

Flashaholic

Another day, another approaching storm. Lights, radio and supplies ready in Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl View Post
    Another day, another approaching storm. Lights, radio and supplies ready in Jax.
    Looking at windyty.com , Matthew looks to be headed with trouble to spread. I hope everyone is safe and take care!!
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Flashaholic

Jacksonville got lucky that the storm pretty much stayed offshore of Florida. I think the winds here were stronger on the backside of the storm. No real damage at my place.

My Haiku AA worked well at night.

I really need to get a small portable generator and a propane bbq grill. Lost power twice, once through the afternoon & night and the 2nd time for a few hours after I had come from the grocery store with restocked perishable food. The "Beaches"/property has some damage as expected for a strong storm that raked the shoreline.

Flashaholic

This storm is projected to circle around again and hit down south.

Recent post-tropical cyclone Matthew consensus models have it heading east... earlier some models had it circling back south... not now. Stay tuned... 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by U2v5 View Post
    Recent post-tropical cyclone Matthew consensus models have it heading east... earlier some models had it circling back south... not now. Stay tuned... 🤔
    Yes very unpredictable at this point!