S1 Baton to the Rescue

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
My new Olight S1 Baton helped get me out of a jam tonight. Received the S1 (and an S2) this morning right as Tropical Storm Hermin was hitting the area. I had an event tonight and dropped the S1 in my pocket on the way out the door. Good thing I did.
I had parallel parked my truck straddling a storm drain grate. In a dark parking lot in the pouring rain, my quick release key fob quickly released my key ring holding my truck keys as well as my AAA twisty down the grate. I just heard a clang as they hit the grate and dropped in the dark. FUBAR!

Realizing I had the S1 in my pocket, I knelt and spotted the keys on a shelf about 3' down. Then I used the magnetic tail to attach the light to the under carriage of my truck while I wrestled the grate up, crawled into the hole and retrieved my keys. The grate must have weighed over 200lbs., so I was relieved when a security guard came along and helped me re-cover the drain as I was physically smoked. When he saw the magnetic tail cap on the S1, he asked me all about it. I think Olight just gained another customer.

Reads like an Ad for Olight, but the little thing made would could have been a very bad night, a little easier.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, great story! Glad you got everything squared away. :)

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
A light without a magnet is like a day without sunshine.

Well, almost.

:)

Glad to hear the light saved the day. BTW can the magnet be removed from the tailcap or is it permanently attached?. I've certainly been interested in the S1 Baton but I keep my EDC lights and wallet in the right front pocket and I don't want to demagnetize my cards while it's there so if it can be easily removed that would be a bonus.

LED Monkey

Enlightened
Glad to hear the light saved the day. BTW can the magnet be removed from the tailcap or is it permanently attached?. I've certainly been interested in the S1 Baton but I keep my EDC lights and wallet in the right front pocket and I don't want to demagnetize my cards while it's there so if it can be easily removed that would be a bonus.
Yes the magnet is removeable in the baton series.

target4fun

Newly Enlightened
Damn it now I gotta buy a light with a magnet. Never had one other than the free harbor freight LED magnet light. But that doesnt count although I have used them a lot.