Modifying laser to have additional white LED light

irrefragable

Newly Enlightened
I have a Crimson Trace LG-431 red laser. I'd like to install a small forward facing white-light LED in addition to the laser in the laser's housing. It seems that this is possible using the same pressure switch, battery and driver used for the laser/photodiode. Right now, it seems plausible that I could install the LED in series or parallel with the laser diode, if the operating voltages are similar enough to get reliable operation.However, I have poor intuition about such matters, and I understand that even minor and transiently exceeding the voltage and current limitations of diodes can damage them (to the point where a multi-meter could fry the device). I've got the housing opened (pic related), and I'm ready to begin interrogating the circuit to figure out how much voltage I have to work with reaching the laser diode, and whether swapping out different cells will alter the voltage reaching the diode (starting by lowering available voltage from the battery compartment).Does anyone with a better understanding of these topics have a better idea?There doesn't seem to be an 'add image' option. Perhaps because my account is new. Will work on providing image.rimson Trace LG-431:Battery:Manufacturer Recommended:1x 1/3N Lithium (3V, 11.6x10.8mm)Or 2x 357 (SR44) Silver Oxide Battery (3V total, 11.6x5.4mm)Possible alternatives to alter available voltage:SR54: 11.6x3.1, 1.55V (4.65V Max)SR55: 11.6x2.1, 1.55V (7.75V Max)365/366,S16,608: 11.6x1.65, 1.55v (9.3V Max)The sky is the limit for available voltage, but the device components have voltage and current limits.Laser:Output: ~5mWWavelength: ~650nMOperating Voltage: Unknown, need to check.Constant Voltage Driver: Unknown, need to check.Switch:pressure Operated, connected to Laser housing via PCB ribbon. Not amenable to modification outside of housing.Patents:http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/patentshttps://www.google.com/patents/US8256154