miss america contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
only thing on I do like the short one since I'm short she is 5 foot 1 but has 7 inch heals

Greta

Flashaholic
I couldn't even bring myself to watch THAT. I've been watching 90 Day Fiance - what a train wreck that show is! - and I keep sneaking off to the other room to check the score for the NE/AZ game ;)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I really just had it in the background while surfing the web and playing with laterns

Greta

Flashaholic
Yeah - that's pretty much what I do too. And the Patriots won!! WOOHOO!! :grin2:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol I'm a Miami fan so not much love for the pats here. but Miami pissed me of when a few of there guys knelled during the national anthem

Greta

Flashaholic
The idiots who are doing that are so hypocritical - and truly they don't deserve the air time. Let them do whatever the hell they want. No one should give them any recognition - negative or positive - for their actions. Ignore them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah they sicken me id love to see em fired and have to get a job as a janitor or flipping burger something are poor immigrants would die to be able to do to just be in this country

I've never been employed by someone that allowed, wanted, or payed me to spend time at work discussing/displaying my religious and/or my social justice beliefs. Never mind the fact that their actions are nothing more than making themselves feel better about themselves. Kneeling during the National Anthem will bring about zero change. All they're doing is giving credence to the #BLM lie that all policemen are racists.

~ Chance

Greta

Flashaholic
I've never been employed by someone that allowed, wanted, or payed me to spend time at work discussing/displaying my religious and/or my social justice beliefs. Never mind the fact that their actions are nothing more than making themselves feel better about themselves. Kneeling during the National Anthem will bring about zero change. All they're doing is giving credence to the #BLM lie that all policemen are racists.

~ Chance

*Bold/underlined emphasis mine -

Um... let's not go in this direction in this thread.

(Keeping in mind that if I wanted it completely removed, I would have done that myself - just reminding future participants that we won't go there... mkay? ;) )

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I still have no idea who won lol but I have like zero attn. span lol...but some of them had awesome voices but the ones who danced looked aweful like kinda spastic

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

~ Chance
im sure having to stand during the national anthem isn't in their job descriptions either though. but they do have media obligations, so if the media wants to ask the questions.... In regards to their actions only making themselves feel better, one could make the argument that the motive behind a lot of charity work is self satisfaction.

im sure having to stand during the national anthem isn't in their job descriptions either though. but they do have media obligations, so if the media wants to ask the questions....
You may be sure, but that doesn't mean you're correct. Is it expressly written? No, but it is S.O.P., and common sense dictates player and coaching staff behavior during the National Anthem.

Article 51, section 6 states the following:
Public Statements: The NFLPA and the [National Football League] Management Council agree that each will use reasonable efforts to curtail public comments by Club personnel or players which express criticism of any club, its coach, or its operation and policy, or which tend to cast discredit upon a Club, a player or any other person involved in the operation of a Club, the NFL, the Management Council, or the NFLPA.

I'm sure the above covers player behavior both on and off the field, including interviews by the media. Please be reminded of the decision that Dallas players could not express their support for LEO after the murder of four Dallas police officers and a Rapid Transit officer. Point being, the owners have authority to dictate player behavior.

tab4963587 said:
to their actions only making themselves feel better, one could make the argument that the motive behind a lot of charity work is self satisfaction.

Apples to oranges comparison, tab. When someone donates time and energy to a charity they are actually doing something …… not just kneeling. There is nothing wrong with feeling self satisfaction from actually helping people. Doing nothing but simply kneeling is more along the lines of "self-flagellation". :hitit:It only makes the person engaging in it feel better, and pretty-much no one wants to watch. :shakehead

Perhaps if the players kneeled on both knees and prayed for the violence to end. Would you support that course of action? Mm?

~ Chance

Empath

Flashaholic
The discussion is moving very close to a discussion for our Underground. The survival of the thread (or at least some posts) is being jeopardized.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be sure, but that doesn't mean you're correct. Is it expressly written? No, but it is S.O.P., and common sense dictates player and coaching staff behavior during the National Anthem.

Article 51, section 6 states the following:
Public Statements: The NFLPA and the [National Football League] Management Council agree that each will use reasonable efforts to curtail public comments by Club personnel or players which express criticism of any club, its coach, or its operation and policy, or which tend to cast discredit upon a Club, a player or any other person involved in the operation of a Club, the NFL, the Management Council, or the NFLPA.

I'm sure the above covers player behavior both on and off the field, including interviews by the media. Please be reminded of the decision that Dallas players could not express their support for LEO after the murder of four Dallas police officers and a Rapid Transit officer. Point being, the owners have authority to dictate player behavior.

Apples to oranges comparison, tab. When someone donates time and energy to a charity they are actually doing something …… not just kneeling. There is nothing wrong with feeling self satisfaction from actually helping people. Doing nothing but simply kneeling is more along the lines of "self-flagellation". :hitit:It only makes the person engaging in it feel better, and pretty-much no one wants to watch. :shakehead

Perhaps if the players kneeled on both knees and prayed for the violence to end. Would you support that course of action? Mm?

~ Chance

just to clarify, i would be fine with someone showing support for the police officers or praying as well. im also fine with fans defacing the jerseys of any of the players that are kneeling. I am a "whatever floats your boat" kind of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.