ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oveready Clip Store

Default Re: Oveready Clip Store

Will the Logan clip fit the El Capitan with some slight bending? Website seems to imply that but I just want to make sure.

Will the HDS clips come back anytime soon?

__________ (not clip related)_______

The Orange McClickey Boot is the same style with the rounded button? I dont know if I'm asking it correctly, but what I want to know if that the only difference between the orange and the stock boot on the Boss is color or are there other differences?
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlight’s potential, not sure where it got it’s popularity. - DB Customs

All the Orange that I've had have been soft press.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    Will the Logan clip fit the El Capitan with some slight bending? Website seems to imply that but I just want to make sure.
    All peak clips are sized for the momentary switch, which is identical for all mountain bodies.
    So the only variation is the OD of the body itself. A Logan OD clip should land above the EC OD.

Will the HDS clips come back anytime soon?
    Major error on these. I had the latest round of clips made extra thick. Clickys are wider than the 6P I was sizing for and our clip no longer works

The Orange McClickey Boot is the same style with the rounded button? I dont know if I'm asking it correctly, but what I want to know if that the only difference between the orange and the stock boot on the Boss is color or are there other differences?
    Boot shapes are about the mold they are made in. SP boots are made with one mold, MP/HP are made with another.
    Orange is SP so it matches perfectly with other SP (green, pink, black). Orange does not match MP in shape.
    BOSS uses an MP mold which is rounder than the SP boots, which are flatter.

But the main issue with BOSS boots isn't shape. Its the flange. BOSS is designed for wide flange boots.
    All other boots are small flange and may not perform correctly, including operation and sealing.
    The BOSS parts page offers only one boot, the wide flange MP. No other boots are officially supported.
    Last edited by ElectronGuru; 03-23-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

The peak clip works fine on my El capitan with little or no bending.

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1490398724.513130.jpg

I did end up with two non functional hds clips though...

Email sent to oveready.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I did end up with two non functional hds clips though...

Email sent to oveready.
    My apologies. I asked Tom to make our entire last run of clips even thicker, not realizing that Clicky is wider than the 6P standard most of these clips are used with.

I've updated the page description and sent you options for returning the clip.

Everyone who's purchased our clip is eligible for a 100+% return/refund.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Sorry to worry you amongst the madness that is the latest BOSS release.
    Do you make a clip that fits at the tail end of an HDS Clicky?
    Thanks,
    P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    Sorry to worry you amongst the madness that is the latest BOSS release.
    Do you make a clip that fits at the tail end of an HDS Clicky?
    Sorry, we used to but the thicker changes on the last batch (universal clip) mean they don't fit over the tail collar out of the box. There have been reports of modifying the clip to fit but it will be some time before we make more.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thanks Dan.
    P

Last week I ordered two of the universal clips to install on the bezel end of my HDS rotaries, which according to the website will work. Anyway today the necessary o-rings arrived so I could finally install the clips. I was disappointed to find that the clips did not fit. The hole is too small to fit over the threaded end of the reflector.

Is there something I'm missing here?
    Is the website incorrect about compatibility?
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Read two posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Read two posts up.
    I was aware of that. The website says the clip won't fit on the tail cap anymore, as mentioned above, but that it does
    fit on the bezel end.

Hmmm. That's new. When I last checked it just said not compatible with Hds. I didn't realize they changed it to say compatible with bezels.

Yeah that's a mistake. Those clips have to be ground out inside to fit. That's my pic Overready is using there (I was not aware) and that clip is modified by me to work, its not "stock". They're great with a little work though, well worth the effort in my opinion, but not a direct fit.

I've really tried to be very clear about that though, noting the work required every time I post about these clips. But if I had any part in the confusion then I apologize.

What did you use to grind it out? Can it be made to fit z clicky tsil?
    Thank you. P

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    What did you use to grind it out? Can it be made to fit z clicky tsil?
    Thank you. P
    Dremel:

And yes they'll fit the clicky tail too. The silver one on the Orange Clicky in the pic above is modified in the same way. Doesn't even need a new o-ring.

Excellent, thank you. P

I would probably give that a try, but I do not have access to a dremel right now. I'm disappointed that it does not work as advertised without modification. This is not something I would have expected from Oveready.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    I was aware of that. The website says the clip won't fit on the tail cap anymore, as mentioned above, but that it does
    fit on the bezel end.
    I would probably give that a try, but I do not have access to a dremel right now. I'm disappointed that it does not work as advertised without modification. This is not something I would have expected from Oveready.
    My apologies. I don't have an HDS handy and was going on 3rd party information. I did not verify in hand before posting that information. I've updated the universal pages to preclude any HDS compatibility. PM sent on your order.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    My apologies. I don't have an HDS handy and was going on 3rd party information. I did not verify in hand before posting that information. I've updated the universal pages to preclude any HDS compatibility. PM sent on your order.
    EDITED: I removed this comment because its presumptive. If I had some part in causing issues with customers then I whole-heartedly apologize to them. If you guys would like to continue using my photo(s) of your clips on your website feel free, and I would be happy to answer any questions or provide additional information so that the modifications required could be accurately reported on your site as well. My posts and pictures were only ever intended to help the community and I'd like to continue doing that.

Speaking of helping -- Random Dan, if you want to send me your clip I'll mod it to work on your light. No charge. I don't want anyone to feel like I've caused a problem here, so let me fix it whether it was really my fault or not.
    Last edited by emarkd; 09-01-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    If I had some part in causing issues with customers then I whole-heartedly apologize to them.
    Sorry for the concerns. The only fault here is ours, making a clip incompatible with such popular applications. And one we will correct if another run is warranted. You've been nothing but supportive and generous as your latest post attests. Please continue as you have, supporting the flashlight community with much needed information.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Thank you emarkd and ElectronGuru for your offers to help! One of my friends said he would lend me a dremel so I think I'll try the mod. I will report back on whether or not it works.

Quote Originally Posted by emarkd View Post
    Speaking of helping -- Random Dan, if you want to send me your clip I'll mod it to work on your light. No charge. I don't want anyone to feel like I've caused a problem here, so let me fix it whether it was really my fault or not.
    I would like to be able to add an Oveready pocket clip to an HDS Rotary that I have on the way. Would it be possible for you to post a modification guide?

I have a dremel. I had heard that you needed to replace the O-ring so, I am curious about your experience.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comin late, when universal clips will be available in clip store again?

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Comin late, when universal clips will be available in clip store again?
    Clip stock update

DPC tailcaps, ready to ship in black + silver
    https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...m-dpc-tailcap/

Universal clips, ready to ship in silver
    https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...ss-steel-clip/
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12