• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

lack of customer support

ncoming

Newly Enlightened
I bought a jetbeam BC40 less than a year ago off a dealer on ebay. It worked pretty well for about 6 months then the switch went bad. On removing the tailcap the switch inside was broken. there was no fixing it. Since then I have numerous times to get a replacement but none of the dealers have one, and the original seller on email is no longer there. I have tried contacing Jetbeam Uk, Jetbeam Canada, and Jetbeam China. No response form any of the Jetbeam people. Jetbeam says it will deal with customer service through its dealers but none of the dealers are able to get or have this part. I like the flashlight but right now it is just a paperweight unless I can get a new tailcap switch. I am not very impressed with Jetbeam's lack of customer support. If I cannot get a replacement then I guess I will move on to another company that gives a hoot about their clientele.

hazard2036

Newly Enlightened
Hey mate is yours the updated version of the BC40? I bought one back in 2011 i can take mine apart and tell you what switch you need? It should be an easy DIY.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
"nor any from your spin off companies such as Nitecore."

JETBeam and Nitecore are different companies. Nitecore used to sell JETBeam's products and they now go their separate ways.

This information is found on jetbeamlight.com website.

On their website, it states Jetbeam will "provide our authorized distributors with the technology and parts to service our lights." This is a lied. I had a defective DDR26 and JETBeam China refused to repair or give me a spare part.
Conclusion : JETBeam has no warranties and should not sell internationally.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Dude,you can't be more wrong. It's been told on here many times,and you should know better to only deal with authorized dealers. This is practised by many companies. It's not worth the hassle of just saving a few bucks.

ncoming

Newly Enlightened
re lack of support from Jetbeam.

was finally sent an email by Jetbeam company in which they told me they had no authorized dealers in Canada even though there are companies listing themselves as Jetbeam Canada (www.jetbeamcanada.com) and also as Jetbeam UK (www.jet-beam.co.uk/) in both these countries. Both companies declare themselves as authorized distributors for Jetbeam products. Jetbeam China said they could provide no support. So I won't be buying any more Jetbeam products obviously. Next is finding a company who makes a good product, providesa a warranty, and which has replacement parts.

royjohnson77

Newly Enlightened
Re: re lack of support from Jetbeam.

I do agreed with Skeeterg that we should purchased lights from an authorized dealers. I feel that JETBeam is to blame for not advertising authorized dealers on their website so that we do not have to second guess which dealers are authorized or not. They are dealers who call them shelves "JetBeam" but are not.

Dario

Newly Enlightened
Dude,you can't be more wrong. It's been told on here many times,and you should know better to only deal with authorized dealers. This is practised by many companies. It's not worth the hassle of just saving a few bucks.
No way to know with Jetbeam as far as I can tell. I have a light with a broken switch as well. Absolutely 0 support. Can't even get a reply to ask if I can buy replacement parts. Would not buy another Jetbeam or Niteye unless it was a throwaway light.