Upgrading Nissan Grand Livina (2011) Lights

skycrapper

Newly Enlightened
Hi, forum . . .

I have standard H11 55W Halogen foglamp and I want to replace it with LED. What LED specs do I have to look for to replace the Halogen lamps? I don't want it to be brighter, I just want the LEDs to be equally bright as the Halogens.

Likewise, I want to replace the standard T10 35W small light with its equivalent LED lamps.

Any advice is welcome . . . thanks in advance.

Sadden

Enlightened
Hi, forum . . .

I have standard H11 55W Halogen foglamp and I want to replace it with LED. What LED specs do I have to look for to replace the Halogen lamps? I don't want it to be brighter, I just want the LEDs to be equally bright as the Halogens.

There is no safe nor legal LED PNP kit for your foglamps.

If you really want LED fogs then you could probably replace the entire housing with a JWspeaker Led foglamp. Requiring a custom mounting solution

skycrapper

Newly Enlightened
There is no safe nor legal LED PNP kit for your foglamps.

If you really want LED fogs then you could probably replace the entire housing with a JWspeaker Led foglamp. Requiring a custom mounting solution

The only way to do that, as Sadden has pointed out, is to replace those complete lamp assemblies with new complete lamp assemblies.

Which specific bulb location is "standard T10 35W" in?

It's so obvious that I have ZERO knowledge about this, and clearly it's my first experience owning a car :p and I had to gather enough courage to write this post.

So I have to buy complete sets to upgrade the bulbs with LEDs, thanks for the input. And the question remains, what LED specs do I have to choose to replace the bulbs I described above : The H11 55W Halogen fog lamps (beneath the headlights, in the bumper assembly) and the T10 35W small bulbs for city running lights, located just above the headlights.

Please be gentle :wave:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
It looks like you're missing the point. The entire lamp assembly has to be designed and engineered from the start to use LED light sources. If you put LEDs of any kind into a lamp designed and engineered to use halogen bulbs, the result will be an unsafe and (in most countries) illegal distribution of light on the road. Don't do it. Not in your headlamps and not in your fog lamps.

Also there are no "T10 35w" bulbs (they're actually 5w) in your "city running lights" (they're actually front position lamps). You can use direct-swap Philips or Osram LED bulbs in these if you feel you must, but it's kind of pointless.

theory816

Newly Enlightened
Virgil is correct. If you have HIDs, the only modification you can do is a duel between OEM Osram and Phillips D2S bulbs. Both manufacturers offer color temps of 4300k, 5000k, 5500k. Im currently running Osram D2S CBI's and they are awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

souperdoo

Newly Enlightened
Virgil is correct.

Generally established fact.

The OP has H11 and wants to go to LED. Sadden, Alaric and Virgil dissuade, pointing out that such is not a legal course of action and that the entire lamp assembly must be replaced.

There are no HID lamps in the discussion.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no HID lamps in the discussion.
It was a reasonably-speculative post.

If you have HIDs, the only modification you can do is a duel between OEM Osram and Phillips D2S bulbs. Both manufacturers offer color temps of 4300k, 5000k, 5500k. Im currently running Osram D2S CBI's and they are awesome.

You forgot Koito's 3900 K D2S. The CBI could be more "awesome" if they weren't so "Cool Blue" (in fact, they're not even at all awesome, with their high-fashion, no-sense color temperature). White light tending towards blue is much more glaring than white light tending toward yellow. You'd do well to get rid of the CBI and get something like the Koito 3900 K D2S or the Philips X-Treme Vision D2S.

Of course, all this is just hypothetical for the OP, who has halogen lamps and can either get the best halogen bulbs they can get or replace the entire assemblies with LED-based lamp assemblies-- but at least there's some value in this side-tracking, in that the CBI's deficiency is addressed briefly.

skycrapper

Newly Enlightened
It looks like you're missing the point. The entire lamp assembly has to be designed and engineered from the start to use LED light sources. If you put LEDs of any kind into a lamp designed and engineered to use halogen bulbs, the result will be an unsafe and (in most countries) illegal distribution of light on the road. Don't do it. Not in your headlamps and not in your fog lamps.

Also there are no "T10 35w" bulbs (they're actually 5w) in your "city running lights" (they're actually front position lamps). You can use direct-swap Philips or Osram LED bulbs in these if you feel you must, but it's kind of pointless.

I initially thought that I could go LED to replace the small H11 standard halogen bulb, making sure that the new LEDs have a similar brightness output. Turns out it has similar treatment as HID.

But, furthermore, if I have to replace the entire lamp assembly, is there a range of LEDs for me to choose? Or will the assembly come with its standard LED specs so I can't change it? Believe me, I do want to do a research myself, but I don't know where to start.

Anyway, thanks for the response, guys. Really appreciate it. And, yeah, I don't intend to buy HIDs. Just LEDs.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
If there were a legitimate and effective LED fog lamp assembly for your car, you would swap it on. I don't know for sure, but it's a pretty solid guess there are no legitimate and effective LED fog lamps for your model of car. There are some good and legitimate universal-fit/aftermarket types of lamps, but these are much harder to mount on today's aerodynamic cars (vs. in the past when most cars had big steel-rail bumpers and upright front profiles that allowed for ready installation of auxiliary lamps). What is it that you hope to achieve with an LED fog lamp swap?

skycrapper

Newly Enlightened
What is it that you hope to achieve with an LED fog lamp swap?
The lamps simply died, and I thought LEDs light looks better. It's white, compared to the standard, yellow-ish halogen lights. Car drivers here in Indonesia make it a habit to turn on small lights and fog lamps during daylight travel, because motorcycles are required by law to turn on their headlamps. Cars are not required to turn on any lights, though, but I read it somewhere that turning on small lights (and to extend it further, fog lamps) promote safe driving, similar to the reason why authorities require motorcycle to turn on their headlamps.

The law on lamps brightness is not very strict here in Indonesia.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
but I read it somewhere that turning on small lights (and to extend it further, fog lamps) promote safe driving, similar to the reason why authorities require motorcycle to turn on their headlamps.

You can read a lot of things somewhere, but using fog lamps to improve daytime conspicuity does not "promote safe driving", and certainly do not improve it any over having real DRLs on. Fog lamps do not make for good DRLs.

skycrapper

Newly Enlightened
You can read a lot of things somewhere, but using fog lamps to improve daytime conspicuity does not "promote safe driving", and certainly do not improve it any over having real DRLs on. Fog lamps do not make for good DRLs.
Thanks for the input.

Okay for closing post before the mods decide to close this thread: Thanks for all the inputs and ideas, guys, I have to think it over again before I upgrade to LEDs. There are plenty halogens to choose, actually, maybe I should probably opt to use them instead. I'm thinking white bulbs.

I'll post on separate thread for brightness and color options to choose.

jzchen

Enlightened
Looks like a close possible fit:. OSRAM LEDriving Fog DRL, aka Sylvania ZEVO Daytime Running Fog light.