• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nitecore i4 Charger Video

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
When the 2016 version of the i2 charger came out, one of the most common questions we got was when the i4 would get the same updates. We're excited to say the new i4 is here and started shipping last week. We also made a video to show off the upgrades and features. You can find it on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/A2W3ruHsQmc

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Looks like an interesting charger!

I have a question for you. Is the charger capable of delivering 1500mAh at all four slots at the same time if i would like to charge four 18650 batteries at the same time?

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
No it can't just one slot the 1.5 amp charging is available with all four slots it drops to 0.375amp for all 4. 750mA for two slots though you can set it to fast charge and move to the next slot at the same 1.5 amp rate.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Biggest disappointment with this charger is the limited power output of the power supply and therefore limited charge rates for multiple cells. If it had a 30W power supply, or even a 20W one, you could at least do 4 x 1A for all chemistry types at once. Which would be acceptable. Pity. Could've been a real winner. But I know costs have to be kept down etc.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Biggest disappointment with this charger is the limited power output of the power supply and therefore limited charge rates for multiple cells. If it had a 30W power supply, or even a 20W one, you could at least do 4 x 1A for all chemistry types at once. Which would be acceptable. Pity. Could've been a real winner. But I know costs have to be kept down etc.

1.0 amp on all four wasn't expected I would have hoped for at least 0.5 amps though (in line with the VC4) if not a bit higher. For me the Ni-MH charging wasn't great tends to terminate too low voltage level and a lot of heat is generated too for some reason (not a high charge 4 x AA cells 375mA) contacts are so hot you can't touch them for more than a second. D4 isn't like this same cells same charge rate bit odd really. Li-ion charging was OK though bit on the lower side for voltage again honestly bar the 1.5amp charging for one larger lithium cell which can be handy I'd stick with the D4 particularly for mixed cell charging (much better for Ni-MH) I can at least charge 2 x AA cells at 750mA can't do that on the new i4. Hope the D4II is on target it's due an update soon it's the charger I use the most and it correctly charges all cell types.