New use for 18650 batteries.

Dale P.

Newly Enlightened
I needed a radio for work and build a bluetooth speaker out of an old ammo tin and some other parts I had laying around. The amplifier board puts out 30 watts per channel and has a built in bluetooth card. There is a 1/8" aux jack too incase you can't use bluetooth. The speaker is being powered by four 18650 cells that I recycled out of a lap top battery. I had it running for over 12 hours and the batteries kept going and going. Might have to add a USB jack to charge my phone while in use.

Dale P.

20160918_003600_resized_zpsdnb4ihfe.jpg

20160918_003551_resized_zps6gtxojsg.jpg
20160929_195132_resized_zpso2pzh67h.jpg

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Excellent work!

But you need to add passive radiator or some cotton inside, to fight acoustic resonanse.

ven

Flashaholic
That is very cool Dale, really like that....................:)

Now for the bass box :whistle:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
That looks remarkably cool. Sort of an "Army boom box" effect :)

I'm impressed that Bluetooth works inside what amounts to a metal box, though. Or did you put an external antenna on it somewhere?

Dale P.

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I still have to add some foam to the inside. Just waiting to get to the hobby store one of these days.

As for the range of the Bluetooth, I have a small wire attached to the antenna on the circuit board and it's connected to the metal case. Works pretty good, but I would like to see if I can extend the range even more. I have a small bluetooth antenna coming in the mail and I will see what works better.

Dale P.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great!

Let us know when you have some built and ready to sell. :thumbsup: