Opinions & Help on a 2014 Nissan Altima SV HL Upgrade.

Unclebbob46

Newly Enlightened
Gents, trust me, Ive researched here and elsewhere a good while before asking here.
My 2014 Altima SV, Im wanting to upgrade the headlights. I live in a very deer populated area, and seem to also be losing a little night vision.
I do not want LED for this. I currently am looking at the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's H4 bulbs. Need opinions on these please. Do they draw more current from the electrical system than factory bulbs? If so, is this a problem?
Any other bulbs..high/low beam..I need to be considering & why?
Any help on this greatly needed & appreciated.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Sylvania Silverstar is not a smart choice, and neither is any of the other "extra white light" bulbs; that claim is a scam. See here. Moreover, your 2014 Altima does not take H4 bulbs. It takes H11 low beams (the best one is this one) and H9 high beams (there is no genuine upgrade for H9; it's already maximized).

Unclebbob46

Newly Enlightened
Virgil- THANK YOU!! I had actually saw these and had meant to update my post to ask about them. My main question & concern is peripheral/side vision, not just straight ahead. Will these be an improvement in that aspect as well?
Also- do you know what the car has in it now?
THANK YOU again!!

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also- do you know what the car has in it now?
Probably a GE/Osram/Sylvania bulb-- but the "Long Life" variant to minimize complaints of "short bulb life" within the warranty period. Now that it's about three years old, the bulbs will almost surely have outlived their useful lifespan (sure, they light up, but their filaments are going to be a mess of both voids and dendriditc growth, severely reducing the beam focus and the filament luminance).