HCRI CR123 headlamp to keep in car?

cmd

Newly Enlightened
So I already have a ZL H600Fw MK II which is very nice, but I'm looking for something to keep in the car for break-down, tire changes, etc.

It would stay in the car unused most of the time, so hence the need for primaries. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a ZL for this is the lack of high CRI.

Are there any high CRI headlamps that run on primaries? I suppose using AA lithiums would be acceptable too but HCRI is a must.

Thanks

cmd

Newly Enlightened
Kind of thought not, could not find an example of one myself. Looks like high cri is the excluding factor.

Probably a compromise would be a Lumitop tool and a ball cap, any other suggestions?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of thought not, could not find an example of one myself. Looks like high cri is the excluding factor.

Probably a compromise would be a Lumitop tool and a ball cap, any other suggestions?
Does not sound like a HCRI application, but what's wrong with the H600Fd mkIII or Fc models?

cmd

Newly Enlightened
Does not sound like a HCRI application, but what's wrong with the H600Fd mkIII or Fc models?

18650's are out for this application because it will sit in a hot/cold car unused for long periods of time, so primaries are needed. HCRI is what I am limiting all of my new flashlight choices to.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Once you've tried high CRI, you never go back to crappy low CRI, and start to wonder why anyone would put up with anything else (than high CRI). High CRI actually matters more than high lumens, when you want to see details.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650's are out for this application because it will sit in a hot/cold car unused for long periods of time, so primaries are needed. HCRI is what I am limiting all of my new flashlight choices to.
Sorry I obviously was not paying attention. You may have to go with Strintguy's suggestion. Can you still get a Zebralight H502d?

Strintguy

Enlightened
I believe you can also buy a Malkoff head strap which has moe options for light placement.