drivervnx2 turbo timer config?

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
can someone help me understand how to program the turbo timer on the drivervnx2? the instructions are unclear. I underlined the part that's confusing, because once you're in the config menu (8 taps) any taps after that will program a mode 1-16. so how do you enter turbo config mode?

Configure the turbo timer
Enter config menu by 8 (or more) fast taps, wait for the blinking signal, then enter turbo config mode by the according number of taps (see mode list). The light then runs at full power. Let it run for the desired time (e.g. until it gets hot; use a full battery), then tap to switch off. That time is now set for the turbo timer. Setting a time below 4 seconds disables it. The turbo timer has a maximum of ~20 minutes (this is also the default). It applies to all modes above 50% and smoothly ramps them down to 50%.

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure if its 20 or 30 quick presses after the 8 initial presses to get to the groups. Should go on 100% and stay there till you turn it off when warm/hot. That then sets the timer, be it 1m or 4m etc till you turn it off. Ideally use fully charged cell/s.

novasquid

Newly Enlightened

ven

Flashaholic
Damn! Do you want it shorter as I am sure it's now a 20m default (used to be 5m iirc that is)on the later lights. Only one I have noticed gradually step down is with drivervn3 . Little different on that, I just upped the temp setting to 200F.

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
yeah the TN30vn50 i bought gets crazy hot in only a few minutes, wanted to change it to 5 minutes from the default 20.

ven

Flashaholic
Got ya, it's a good question as never adjusted it and can't find anything on it. I just presumed it was like drivervn2 with the presses. Maybe an email to vinh, interested myself now. I just use my hand to judge with various ambient temps through the year, come winter longer uses, summer shorter before I step it down.

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
I did a search here and surprised no one has asked about it before. i sent him an email too asking about it.

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
I think 20 worked. I tested it with a 1 minute setting. the instructions for drivervnx2 says nothing about the 20 taps or even 30.

VNguyen

Enlightened
I think 20 worked. I tested it with a 1 minute setting. the instructions for drivervnx2 says nothing about the 20 taps or even 30.

Yeah I had the same problem when trying to do the turbo thing. A member here told me it was 20 taps and it worked for me. Glad u got it to work novasquid.

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Ahh no wonder this never seemed to work on the toolvn. My heart is broken, I think she is really gone this time. She would always come back after a fight, but I believe this is it��

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
There are instructions and videos on his site: http://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-drivervnx-programmable-circuits

Enter config menu by 8 (or more) fast taps, wait for the blinking signal, then enter turbo config mode by the 20 taps. The light then runs at full power. Let it run for the desired time (e.g. until it gets hot; use a full battery), then tap to switch off. That time is now set for the turbo timer. Setting a time below 4 seconds disables it. The turbo timer has a maximum of ~20 minutes (this is also the default). It applies to all modes above 50% and smoothly ramps them down to 50%.

Last edited:

novasquid

Newly Enlightened
There are instructions and videos on his site: http://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-drivervnx-programmable-circuits

Enter config menu by 8 (or more) fast taps, wait for the blinking signal, then enter turbo config mode by the 20 taps. The light then runs at full power. Let it run for the desired time (e.g. until it gets hot; use a full battery), then tap to switch off. That time is now set for the turbo timer. Setting a time below 4 seconds disables it. The turbo timer has a maximum of ~20 minutes (this is also the default). It applies to all modes above 50% and smoothly ramps them down to 50%.
he updated the instructions after i asked here and sent him an email asking about it. the "20 taps" part was missing in the original instructions.