Lets hope this doesnt catch on....

Sadden

Enlightened
The slogan should read something like this...

"Neochrome headlamp tint"
Increasing glare and reducing safety for everyone on the road....

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hope is that operating the headlight heats the vinyl to the point at which it starts to crack then separate, then permanently bond itself to the headlamp before turning a poo brown color. All within a few weeks.

Magio

Enlightened
My hope is that operating the headlight heats the vinyl to the point at which it starts to crack then separate, then permanently bond itself to the headlamp before turning a poo brown color. All within a few weeks.

It would take a lot of heat to do that. I highly doubt a halogen headlight lens would ever reach such temperatures unless someone is running some seriously over-wattage bulbs.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know practically that it won't...maybe they will all get a bad batch of vinyl that reacts to the UV light from the sun and wreaks havoc....but we can dream.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
It would take a lot of heat to do that. I highly doubt a halogen headlight lens would ever reach such temperatures unless someone is running some seriously over-wattage bulbs.
Hmm, but it someone happened to have a heat gun handy, with a DC/AC inverter ... :whistle:

NovA ProspekT

Newly Enlightened
To think that there is even a market for these kinds of products(HID/LED "conversion" bulbs included)is a bit depressing.

Gee, I wonder if these same people would apply this to their prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses?

Maybe that would get the point across?

Probably not, as there's a market for sunglasses that let you see in "High Definition" just like your TV! :crackup:

Besides, this is not a new idea (set down your coffee before you read this or it might end up all over your screen)

Whoa...

I remain amazed, though not suprised.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides, this is not a new idea (set down your coffee before you read this or it might end up all over your screen)

Whoa...

I remain amazed, though not suprised.
Like certain well-crafted Onion articles, it can sometimes be difficult to separate satire from reality. The 50 Free HP site, and that article, are satirical.