Help Needed with Security Light Replacement

heldmacm

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have the fixture you see in the attached image above my garage to supply light at the bottom of my driveway, which I believe is a halogen floodlight, and the bulb (a T3) recently burned out. When I went to replace it, I noticed that one of the ends had melted, which prevents me from fully removing it in order to put in a new one. This fixture does not have a motion sensor, which is something I'd like, as it stays on once the switch is flipped, so I imagine it uses quite a bit of electricity since we leave it on every night. As a result, I'm interested in a replacement, but before I buy anything, I want to ensure what I purchase is compatible. Below are a couple potential replacements I have in mind. Can someone please tell me if both, one or neither of this will work for my situation? Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FOK78U/?tag=cpf0b6-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DIOWD0E/?tag=cpf0b6-20

light.jpg

mcnels1

Newly Enlightened
How many watts is the current bulb? If it is only 100 watts, producing around 1300 lumens, then the Warmoon LED light at 900 lumens may be roughly equivalent in brightness since it is directional. If the current T3 bulb has a higher wattage than 100, 900 lumens won't be nearly as bright.

With the twin PAR holder you can find a pair outdoor-rated PAR bulbs the should match up to a 300 watt T3.

heldmacm

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't definitively say what the wattage of the existing bulb is since it's melted, but assuming the replacement bulb I purchased is the same as what's been in there, it's 500W. That wattage matches maximum wattage of the light.

It sounds like either of the items I linked to will work, and if that's the case, I'm leaning towards the twin PAR (this assumes installation isn't more difficult for one vs. the other). Thanks again.