Beamshots

1-10

1-50

1-250

Andreas

My Review in German
    http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/th...-review.51271/

Default Re: Armytek Predator Pro V3 XPH35 Hi Pics and Beamshots

Thanks, Andreas! Great beamshot and review over at TLF too. Thanks especially for the throw measurements.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

Is that the cool white version tested? Looks like it's actually 5500k this time.

The listing on andrew and amanda confuses me. It lists the Predator Pro in both Cool white at 5500 kelvin and warm white at 5500 kelvin.

I'd happily pick up a Predator Pro XHP35 HI at a 4500k warm white.

Excellent post and excellent pictures.

Thanks Andreas0401 for all of the images and information. EC60 kicks butt. My Predator Pro V3 xhp35 hi CW arrived today. The cool white I got seems to be about 5000k or 5500k. It's just right for tint imo. I measure about 1350 ANSI lumens for this light but sometimes a little less even than that. Though I like the Predator Pro xhp35, have to say that I'm still heavily favoring the EC60 in this class because the sheer dominating performance of that light. However if ruggedness, tactical application and a creature feature UI are major factors in selection, then the Predator/Doberman would have to be singled out among all of these. Thanks again for sharing.

thats CW? Looks closer to the the awesome NW of the ZL SC600 MkIII HI which is fine. What is NOT fine is all those machining marks left in the AT's reflector. I have 10 Armyteks all their reflectors look like they were hand polished. The AT of subject in this threads reflector looks half done. I would send it right back if I bought one and its reflector showed up looking half done like that.

Very nice pics !

Tomorrow I'll get mine, after this pics seems that (hope) will be what I wish, little brighter, better throw and warmer tint than Dobermann Pro XP-L Hi.
    Dobermann Pro impressed me a lot, hope that Predator XHP 35 Hi to have same effect on me

Receive today the light, I like a lot the color tint -neutral white, visible brighter on max than Dobermann Pro.
    Somehow at close distance the hot spot from Dobermann looks brighter than Predator.
    I don't like the levels space, hardly notice difference between level 3 and 4, and level 3 is to bright. At Dobermann are better spaced.
    The UI is the same like Dobermann and works properly (with Turbo 1 and 2) .

I like them both a lot

Whats next...?

A&Q Moderator

Thanks for the review!
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Flashaholic

Definitely floodier with approximately the same throw as the XPLHI version - judging by the pictures. The XPLHI version has slightly brighter and smaller hotspot compared to the Dobermann.

- Clemence -

Default Armytek Predator Pro V3 XPH35 Hi Pics and Beamshots

Thank you for this review, I have just found it.

I have received a Predator Pro and a Dobermann Pro XHP35 yesterday. I also have these lights in the XPL-HI.

The XHP Dobermann has a wider hotspot than the DP XPL-HI, 🏼. The PP has a tighter one or more focused than the PP XPL-HI ...it is more like my Barracuda v2 XPL-HI. In the XPL-HI, I like better my DP than my PP for that case but in the XHP35, I prefer my PP.

The tint of the PP XHP35 is less cooler than my PP HI. About the same tint has my DP HI and my Wizard Pro v3 XHP50. For the DP XHP35, it is more cooler than my DP HI. About the same has my Partner Pro C4 XHP35 that I use with the C2 tube and my PP HI or my BP HI ...2 differents shifts tints in these XHP35...

The PP XHP35 throw more farther than the PP HI. I will play more with them this weekend...

I wanted to buy only the DP XHP35 because I prefered my DP HI over my PP HI. I'm a bit "disappointed" of my DP XHP because of the less tighter hotspot than my HI and very pleased with my PP XHP.

I don't know why we have to choose between turbo 1 or 2 and strobes in the UI programming mode. I would like to have all the modes ( including strobes) together as the older UI version. I would like to remove the firefly also. I used many times the high output and the strobe but have to put the light in tactical mode. If I want to use normal modes, I have to program it in hunting mode.
    Last edited by gyzmo2002; 11-24-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

My PP XHP35 died suddenly after 1 month of easy use.
    The verdict - the circuit was fried...
    Really strange for me to see this on premium flashlight, without intense use in just a short period. When was stop working was in Turbo1 (800 lm) less than 1 minute on.
    Will be replaced by my dealer, but now I'm a little skeptic, hope to be just a single case and the new one to work many years without any issues (like all my flashlights from collection)
    I have also the Dobermann XP-L HI and work great, really like this light - very intense in focused light for it's size.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    My PP XHP35 died suddenly after 1 month of easy use...
    Sadly, this happens much too often with Armytek.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gyzmo2002 View Post
    ...The PP XHP35 throw more farther than the PP HI. I will play more with them this weekend...
    Are you still liking your PP XHP35?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    My PP XHP35 died suddenly after 1 month of easy use.
    The verdict - the circuit was fried...
    Really strange for me to see this on premium flashlight, without intense use in just a short period. When was stop working was in Turbo1 (800 lm) less than 1 minute on.
    Will be replaced by my dealer, but now I'm a little skeptic, hope to be just a single case and the new one to work many years without any issues (like all my flashlights from collection)
    I have also the Dobermann XP-L HI and work great, really like this light - very intense in focused light for it's size.
    The same thing happened with mine. Was using it, turned it off, wouldn't go back on. Checked for power with switch bypass, nothing. Hasn't worked since. I had to send it back to Armytek and pay the shipping to Canada and am waiting. Now I see you have the same thing. Sorry to hear it. I might have to start NOT recommending this light.

Same exact thing happen to me lol crazy. Im just getting a refund though and not a replacement, makes me feel iffy now. Its also making me feel nervous about my dp xhp35 and barracuda xhp35 ugh
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

i am trying to find a red predator hunting light, do any of these come in red? i cant seem to find a good one. i have a wicked 402zf, its green and does a good job but im looking for one that may be had for less money.

Dear colleagues, after your posts I'm afraid to use the Predator V3 ...is almost clear that something is not ok...

Like I told in previous post, the new V3 which I received have cooler color light, the level are more defined (to initial sample can not see difference between levels 2...3..4) but I don't know if is a better batch with a close QC, or the driver will have same life...

Why I didnt have any problems (from almost 10 yers) with any of Fenix lights...?

Or another example, honestly I expect to have problems with some of my Nitecore lights and NOT with an Armytek light, brand new...

Till now Armytek for me was "creme de la creme", or "best of the best"...now I'm afraid to power on to not have a surprise.
    Is a pity, because I like a lot the flashlight, nice form, nice anodising, feels high quality (especially Dobbermann Pro) .

So...can I count on it? No... I'm looking at her now and I love it...but can not count on it...should I turned on....should I...?
    Last edited by Octavian; 01-23-2017 at 11:50 AM.

No more issues till now to the new flashlight which I received from my dealer (which was an example on how should be a guarantee service, was replaced with no discussions ) , turned on and off many times

I like a lot the Turbo1 which maintain the 800 lumens constant till the cell is near empty, and don't get too hot, not many flashlights in this size make this.

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Are you still liking your PP XHP35?
    Sorry for the delay☹️...I left this hobby a little because I kept buying lights lolll.

My PP XHP35 is still working fine. I use it around 2 hours a week since I have it. It is my number 1 hand light. For the headlight, it is the Wizard XHP50. Still an Armytek' fan with my 13 units🙂.

I'm not sure if I should check their new stuff since december... Probably the "new headstrap" for the Wizard but not sure. I do not see the utility of removing it. It would be more than just to have it.

My first post since a couple of months...I will try to stay quiet in my purchases but I can not promise anything.🙂
    Sorry for my english. Acebeam k70, Armytek Predator -Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI and XHP35, Barracuda Pro V2 XP-L HI, Tiara A1 Pro V2 and C1 Pro V2, Wizard Pro V3 XHP50 and XPL, Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35, Nitecore TM26, TM16GT, MH20, P12GT, SKYRC MC-3000..+++

Thanks for the detailed review! I am debating between the Predator Pro XHP35 or Dobermann Pro XHP35. I love the slightly more pocketability of the DP, but don't know if I can live with the hexagon-shaped beam. The PP's beam is very nice!

boy am I a stone cold sucker for Armytek! I now have 14 of them. It has been one hell of a frustrating journey though. I have both the "white light" and "warm white" XHP35 PP and DP's as well as the XHP50 warm white Viking Pro. Very luckily I have not had a single technical issue with any of them. They are all quite clearly much higher output vs the XP-L variants. That being said only half of the lights I mentioned came with a manual. Once again I had to search out the correct PDF manuals on AT's atrocious website. Why "warm white" instead of "neutral white" and "white light" instead of "cool white"? The PP's and DP's do not throw much farther than the XP-L HI variants but are 100% higher output especially the XHP50 Viking Pro. The UI is still screwy. "Turbo 1" and "Turbo 2"? The totally different beam profile out my XHP35 DP's was totally unexpected but I actually do like the MUCH larger hot spot. EDIT-let me correct myself here. The XHP 35 DP's do NOT throw farther than the XP-L HI variants they actually have 10k LESS CD. Regardless I like them very much. The max output from my XHP50 Viking Pro is so bright it kind of hurts to look at it so I barely use it. My XHP35 DP's do NOT have a hexagon shaped profile somehow...
    Last edited by CelticCross74; 04-29-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Flashaholic*

Thanks andreas0401 for the pictures and beamshots!

Today I received Predator Pro XHP35 in warm white tint. Excellent: after having bad experience of uncentered LED(like many other) it seems that Armytek solved the problem(hopefully once for all) with a perfect base for the LED. For a neutral-warm tint lover the tint is very nice. This is SO cool flashlight!

Flashaholic*

When I compare the light at turbo2 with protected 18650 and AW IMR unprotected I notice that protected cell can't provide full output. With AW IMR the output is around 1300 lumens! Brighter than Olight SR52UT! Not as good throw because of the smaller reflector, though.
    I just wonder about the regulated runtime. I doubt it can be the specificated 1hour, if so the runtime at turbo1(744lm) mode should be more than the stated 1,7hours. It's difficult to measure because the light will be hot and the temperature control lowers the output. Anyway it's good that Armytek uses over discharge protection so I dare to use unprotected cell.

Flashaholic*

Unfortunately my Predator has some fault. Suddenly a strobe mode has been added to to the additional modes. It is placed between the main3 and Firefly1. Consequently with strobe mode memorized the light will act like it is in tactical settings despite it is in hunting settings. I have carefully read the manual but cant find that I have missed something.
    Ok; this isn't a real problem as long as the light otherwise works properly and I can stand that I have to cycle through the strobe mode when I change the additional mode. I just became surprised that a strobe mode showed up and that it according to the manual should not.

Any comment about this? Has Armytek still a common issue with the electronical circuits, or am I just very unlucky? My former predator Pro(XP-G2) suffers from that it indicates low battery despite it's almost fully charged(and it's adjusted for 18650).
    Last edited by Swedpat; 09-17-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Swedpat, same problem on mine. I can't get rid of that strobe... I'll write Armytek, this Predator is terrible compared my Pro v2.5. Terrible beam focusing, no programming and now also this strobe bliding me every time I'm looking for the firefly.
    Pomp92

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by pomp92 View Post
    Swedpat, same problem on mine. I can't get rid of that strobe... I'll write Armytek, this Predator is terrible compared my Pro v2.5. Terrible beam focusing, no programming and now also this strobe bliding me every time I'm looking for the firefly.
    Armyteks claiming of "Most technically advanced flashlights in the world" maybe was true earlier but definitely not today with the new more simple UI, which is not more advanced than other lights. I wonder why Armytek does not use the function like the budget Astrolux and Manker lights? With the possibility to go back to lower brightness level with a long press. That's a great idea! Apart from that the reset time never should be more than a second.

Removed the strobe. At least 20 momentary activation and then full click (turn on). One blink will inform you that the strobe has been added/removed. Anyway, I agree with you.
    Pomp92

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by pomp92 View Post
    Removed the strobe. At least 20 momentary activation and then full click (turn on). One blink will inform you that the strobe has been added/removed. Anyway, I agree with you.
    Thanks for the tip, IT WORKS! Is that information in the manual?...