1-10
collage11-1021rkx.jpg

1-50
collage21-50jcqhz.jpg

1-250
collage31-2509xo32.jpg

Andreas

My Review in German:)
http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/armytek-predator-pro-v3-xhp35-hi-cw-review.51271/

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Andreas! Great beamshot and review over at TLF too. Thanks especially for the throw measurements.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that the cool white version tested? Looks like it's actually 5500k this time.

The listing on andrew and amanda confuses me. It lists the Predator Pro in both Cool white at 5500 kelvin and warm white at 5500 kelvin.

I'd happily pick up a Predator Pro XHP35 HI at a 4500k warm white.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Thanks Andreas0401 for all of the images and information. EC60 kicks butt. My Predator Pro V3 xhp35 hi CW arrived today. The cool white I got seems to be about 5000k or 5500k. It's just right for tint imo. I measure about 1350 ANSI lumens for this light but sometimes a little less even than that. Though I like the Predator Pro xhp35, have to say that I'm still heavily favoring the EC60 in this class because the sheer dominating performance of that light. However if ruggedness, tactical application and a creature feature UI are major factors in selection, then the Predator/Doberman would have to be singled out among all of these. Thanks again for sharing.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats CW? Looks closer to the the awesome NW of the ZL SC600 MkIII HI which is fine. What is NOT fine is all those machining marks left in the AT's reflector. I have 10 Armyteks all their reflectors look like they were hand polished. The AT of subject in this threads reflector looks half done. I would send it right back if I bought one and its reflector showed up looking half done like that.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Very nice pics !

Tomorrow I'll get mine, after this pics seems that (hope) will be what I wish, little brighter, better throw and warmer tint than Dobermann Pro XP-L Hi.
Dobermann Pro impressed me a lot, hope that Predator XHP 35 Hi to have same effect on me :)

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Receive today the light, I like a lot the color tint -neutral white, visible brighter on max than Dobermann Pro.
Somehow at close distance the hot spot from Dobermann looks brighter than Predator.
I don't like the levels space, hardly notice difference between level 3 and 4, and level 3 is to bright. At Dobermann are better spaced.
The UI is the same like Dobermann and works properly (with Turbo 1 and 2) .

I like them both a lot :)

Whats next...?

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Definitely floodier with approximately the same throw as the XPLHI version - judging by the pictures. The XPLHI version has slightly brighter and smaller hotspot compared to the Dobermann.

24627237434_d2336a94d7_b.jpg

24891588899_a6a851409f_b.jpg

- Clemence -

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Thank you for this review, I have just found it.

I have received a Predator Pro and a Dobermann Pro XHP35 yesterday. I also have these lights in the XPL-HI.

The XHP Dobermann has a wider hotspot than the DP XPL-HI, [emoji107]🏼. The PP has a tighter one or more focused than the PP XPL-HI [emoji106]...it is more like my Barracuda v2 XPL-HI. In the XPL-HI, I like better my DP than my PP for that case but in the XHP35, I prefer my PP.

The tint of the PP XHP35 is less cooler than my PP HI. About the same tint has my DP HI and my Wizard Pro v3 XHP50. For the DP XHP35, it is more cooler than my DP HI. About the same has my Partner Pro C4 XHP35 that I use with the C2 tube and my PP HI or my BP HI ...2 differents shifts tints in these XHP35...

The PP XHP35 throw more farther than the PP HI. I will play more with them this weekend...

I wanted to buy only the DP XHP35 because I prefered my DP HI over my PP HI. I'm a bit "disappointed" of my DP XHP because of the less tighter hotspot than my HI and very pleased with my PP XHP.

I don't know why we have to choose between turbo 1 or 2 and strobes in the UI programming mode. I would like to have all the modes ( including strobes) together as the older UI version. I would like to remove the firefly also. I used many times the high output and the strobe but have to put the light in tactical mode. If I want to use normal modes, I have to program it in hunting mode.

Last edited:

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
My PP XHP35 died suddenly after 1 month of easy use.
The verdict - the circuit was fried...
Really strange for me to see this on premium flashlight, without intense use in just a short period. When was stop working was in Turbo1 (800 lm) less than 1 minute on.
Will be replaced by my dealer, but now I'm a little skeptic, hope to be just a single case and the new one to work many years without any issues (like all my flashlights from collection)
I have also the Dobermann XP-L HI and work great, really like this light - very intense in focused light for it's size.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
My PP XHP35 died suddenly after 1 month of easy use.
The verdict - the circuit was fried...
Really strange for me to see this on premium flashlight, without intense use in just a short period. When was stop working was in Turbo1 (800 lm) less than 1 minute on.
Will be replaced by my dealer, but now I'm a little skeptic, hope to be just a single case and the new one to work many years without any issues (like all my flashlights from collection)
I have also the Dobermann XP-L HI and work great, really like this light - very intense in focused light for it's size.

The same thing happened with mine. Was using it, turned it off, wouldn't go back on. Checked for power with switch bypass, nothing. Hasn't worked since. I had to send it back to Armytek and pay the shipping to Canada and am waiting. Now I see you have the same thing. Sorry to hear it. I might have to start NOT recommending this light.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Same exact thing happen to me lol crazy. Im just getting a refund though and not a replacement, makes me feel iffy now. Its also making me feel nervous about my dp xhp35 and barracuda xhp35 ugh

Chaney2169

Newly Enlightened
i am trying to find a red predator hunting light, do any of these come in red? i cant seem to find a good one. i have a wicked 402zf, its green and does a good job but im looking for one that may be had for less money.

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
Dear colleagues, after your posts I'm afraid to use the Predator V3 ...is almost clear that something is not ok...

Like I told in previous post, the new V3 which I received have cooler color light, the level are more defined (to initial sample can not see difference between levels 2...3..4) but I don't know if is a better batch with a close QC, or the driver will have same life...

Why I didnt have any problems (from almost 10 yers) with any of Fenix lights...?

Or another example, honestly I expect to have problems with some of my Nitecore lights and NOT with an Armytek light, brand new...

Till now Armytek for me was "creme de la creme", or "best of the best"...now I'm afraid to power on to not have a surprise.
Is a pity, because I like a lot the flashlight, nice form, nice anodising, feels high quality (especially Dobbermann Pro) .

So...can I count on it? No... :( I'm looking at her now and I love it...but can not count on it...should I turned on....should I...?

Last edited:

Octavian

Newly Enlightened
No more issues till now to the new flashlight which I received from my dealer (which was an example on how should be a guarantee service, was replaced with no discussions ) , turned on and off many times :)

I like a lot the Turbo1 which maintain the 800 lumens constant till the cell is near empty, and don't get too hot, not many flashlights in this size make this.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Are you still liking your PP XHP35?

Sorry for the delay☹️...I left this hobby a little because I kept buying lights lolll.

My PP XHP35 is still working fine. I use it around 2 hours a week since I have it. It is my number 1 hand light. For the headlight, it is the Wizard XHP50. Still an Armytek' fan with my 13 units🙂.

I'm not sure if I should check their new stuff since december...[emoji6] Probably the "new headstrap" for the Wizard but not sure. I do not see the utility of removing it. It would be more than just to have it.

My first post since a couple of months...I will try to stay quiet in my purchases but I can not promise anything.🙂